Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Review of JAWS Motorsport E60 M5 / S85 tune with dynojet dyno - 488 whp

First off, I would like to thank Jonas for being very professional and being extremely prompt in responding to my emails,text messages and phone calls regardless of the time difference.

The simple process you will go through ( I have no mechanical experience anyone can do this):

1. Upon purchasing the product you will receive the programmer and you will need a windows based computer to connect the programmer and update the software of the programmer as well as install the software on the computer.

2. Next, you will need to connect the OBD cable to your car to obtain your car file by simply following the step by step instruction that is displayed on the programmer. In my case, i was given three options: 07842121,07842502, and my VIN number. I SELECTED my VIN.

3. Your Ecu should be writing on your programmer and should be done in minutes. You will go back to your computer and open the software and download it. Select the file and send it over to Jonas to his email.

5. Follow the steps above to upload the file from your email and to your car. Don't forget to Select Your VIN as the option.

If you have Stock air box Follow these instructions:
    1. Remove the two MAF airflow sensor it is clearly visible with two screws on each sensor it can be removed along with removing the clips to access the air box.

2. Inside the air boxes you will find trumpets inside of them is a net that should be removed.

3. Remove the MAF sensor on each side and block the hole. ( I just disconnected the sensor plug and left the sensors in there will run to hardware store to block it tomorrow)

4. Replace the trumpet and air boxes.

You are done!

The POWER expereience:

My Vehicle Had a TUNE on it already and has every bolt on possible such as headers, Pulley, agency power exhaust no cats or resonators.

As soon as i drove the vehicle out of garage the vehicle was already feeling alive! I decided to to give it full throttle tires spun to redline in first and second. It was 30 degrees outside and i thought the tires were the reason for that so I decided to give it another attempt since I've noticed i practically did a burnout through both of those gears. This attempt felt even more powerful I went through the same gears and the car was just tail happy I've never felt that feeling before and I've tested the car the night before at 15 degrees and it did not behave that way.

Below is a highway pull about 50mph to 145mph from 2nd gear until 4th to show you how the car pulls.

I am waiting for shop to get back to me tomorrow to let me know if they can squeeze me in their schedule . Same dyno i dynoed last month and 6 months ago when i got 468whp. we shall see the results soon! will post both sheets for comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Tnx! glad you like it, hope u get to that dyno session soon Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moose Click here to enlarge
    First off, I would like to thank Jonas for being very professional and being extremely prompt in responding to my emails,text messages and phone calls regardless of the time difference.

The simple process you will go through ( I have no mechanical experience anyone can do this):

1. Upon purchasing the product you will receive the programmer and you will need a windows based computer to connect the programmer and update the software of the programmer as well as install the software on the computer.

2. Next, you will need to connect the OBD cable to your car to obtain your car file by simply following the step by step instruction that is displayed on the programmer. In my case, i was given three options: 07842121,07842502, and my VIN number. I SELECTED my VIN.

3. Your Ecu should be writing on your programmer and should be done in minutes. You will go back to your computer and open the software and download it. Select the file and send it over to Jonas to his email.

5. Follow the steps above to upload the file from your email and to your car. Don't forget to Select Your VIN as the option.

If you have Stock air box Follow these instructions:
    1. Remove the two MAF airflow sensor it is clearly visible with two screws on each sensor it can be removed along with removing the clips to access the air box.

2. Inside the air boxes you will find trumpets inside of them is a net that should be removed.

3. Remove the MAF sensor on each side and block the hole. ( I just disconnected the sensor plug and left the sensors in there will run to hardware store to block it tomorrow)

4. Replace the trumpet and air boxes.

You are done!

The POWER expereience:

My Vehicle Had a TUNE on it already and has every bolt on possible such as headers, Pulley, agency power exhaust no cats or resonators.

As soon as i drove the vehicle out of garage the vehicle was already feeling alive! I decided to to give it full throttle tires spun to redline in first and second. It was 30 degrees outside and i thought the tires were the reason for that so I decided to give it another attempt since I've noticed i practically did a burnout through both of those gears. This attempt felt even more powerful I went through the same gears and the car was just tail happy I've never felt that feeling before and I've tested the car the night before at 15 degrees and it did not behave that way.

Below is a highway pull about 50mph to 145mph from 2nd gear until 4th to show you how the car pulls.

I am waiting for shop to get back to me tomorrow to let me know if they can squeeze me in their schedule . Same dyno i dynoed last month and 6 months ago when i got 468whp. we shall see the results soon! will post both sheets for comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Anyone who has a performance box they could lend to Moose a cpl of days? If u have a M5/M6 and want our software i can discount you a $100 if u help us out here with this Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Red face

A dyno sheet from Moose´s M5 with JAWS ALPHA N software from last night, see below:

The dyno showed rising positive gains but the operator wanted to go home so they had to end the session at 488whp, this isnt same dyno as when he dynoed 468whp (With ECU tune and same hardware) so take it for what it is, a dyno on the same facility as the previous 468whp will happend later on so gains can be more accurate compared.

Click here to enlarge

And our dyno sheet below 484.2whp (we dynoed 454whp bone stock):

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by JAWS Motorsport; 01-07-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Another review and dyno is on the way from a member of another forum (he might be here as well).He got the following parts from JAWSCarbon fiber intake plenumsCAI with heatshields and BMC dual cone filtersALPHA-N softwareHe´s car is exepted above parts bone stock.Will post as soon as i get the info from him./// J

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    Anyone who has a performance box they could lend to Moose a cpl of days? If u have a M5/M6 and want our software i can discount you a $100 if u help us out here with this Click here to enlarge
    Going to be tough to find someone in Sweden but actually we have a good amount of Swedish members.

Worth a shot, let me see what I can find.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Thought this deserved its own thread, moved the review posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    A dyno sheet from Moose´s M5 with JAWS ALPHA N software from last night, see below:

The dyno showed rising positive gains but the operator wanted to go home so they had to end the session at 488whp, this isnt same dyno as when he dynoed 468whp (With ECU tune and same hardware) so take it for what it is, a dyno on the same facility as the previous 468whp will happend later on so gains can be more accurate compared.

Click here to enlarge

And our dyno sheet below 484.2whp (we dynoed 454whp bone stock):

Click here to enlarge
    I'm surprised at how close your dyno is to a dynojet.

488 whp on a dynojet is very, VERY good.

Wow guys... you clearly are the real deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Will post as soon as i get the info from him.
    Thanks, looking forward to this. Will his make power than this one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Sticky:

There will be a much better dyno session than this one, as i explained there werent any good support at that point so there will be a more prepared session were all parameters will be displayed at the same dyno moose dynoed his 468whp so we can overlay graphs to see acutal gains through the whole rpm range. Peak power for sure but the middle effect is so much greater and thats what does this tune fast and really put down IRL.

Remember his car had all hardware mods AND a tune (maf) wich prob gains a 20hp software only when the 468whp were performed (something we saw when we got his original file sent to us)

Further on there have showned US cars has a lower baseline than we had here in Sweden(Europe) approx 420-435whp were we seen 445-455whp over here, so i am confident that if we had moose´s exhaust and headers on our car there would be a +500whp for sure!

Also with that said customers shouldnt expect to get 484whp as a result, its the gain from the baseline whats mather here, and since every car are diffrent we will see diffrence in % up and down just like from all tuners selling tunes.

Also we are backing up the performance with real time gains on the street, 60-130mph is a good test to perform.

When we talk abt the Performancebox and 60-130mph i was thinking if anyone in US had one to lend him, we have, but sending it across the atlantic ocean isnt that fast and easy.

Im predicting a 8,9X Click here to enlarge...can anyone help us out try make it happend?

Edit: Customer nmbr 2 has no exhaust mods or anyhting, just a tune,CAi and our carbon fiber intake so he will most likley put out less hp.

P.s JAWS ALPHA N ETI (exhaust,tune,intake) is in progress of V2 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Also with that said customers shouldnt expect to get 484whp as a result, its the gain from the baseline whats mather here, and since every car are diffrent we will see diffrence in % up and down just like from all tuners selling tunes.
    You are quite correct but the peak number here is quite impressive.

When we talk abt the Performancebox and 60-130mph i was thinking if anyone in US had one to lend him, we have, but sending it across the atlantic ocean isnt that fast and easy.
    Whoops, my fault, I forgot where Moose was located.

He is in Virginia, we should be able to get him one from someone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Looks like the M5 takes it but we need an in car video to truly tell what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes thats a s*itty video! , im 100% confident we will see a good dyno video plus some nice head up´s in a few weeks!