Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOPA Bill

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

SOPA Bill

Ok there have been some talk about politics in the forum but nothing about SOPA I belive. This bill is very dangerous to internet users, especially the ones who reside int he United States. This particular bill as most bills have very vague wording on how a government will actually enforce it and who is in violation of it. For instance the supporters of the Bill state that if you have a video of a your child singing a copyrighted song on youtube you are not in violation of the bill. But the bill doesn't actually say that. This summer I made a bunch of videos of a bunch of artists from the Electric Zoo festival last year.

Less than a day of me posting them up I started getting notifications about possible copyright infringement, since the videos were made by me I was not in violation of any laws and they stayed up. Under this new bill they would most certainly be in violation and since it was made with "professional" equipment (pretty much any DSLR on the market right now) would allow not only this video be taken down but also possible criminal action taken against me(possible fines etc).

The worst thing that will most likely arise is the U.S. government blocking access to websites for us internet users (free country my ass.) The government would lead you to believe that it will only go after sites who are ran by counterfeiters (Damn Chinese!!) but it's total bull$#@!. As we all know even on a forum such as this copyrighted material can and does make it's way through the forum channels (one bangbus thread comes to mind) where a few people do take advantage of it. In short this website would then be in violation of that law and actions could be taken against it.

Here is a video which is pretty long that describes the dangers of SOPA bill, I know it's long but please take the time to watch it because it frankly should scare the $#@! out of you.

Here is the link of the SOPA Sponsors, all the companies who are pushing for this it's a list that has very popular brands on it, ones we use almost every single day. One of them is the NHL to which I subscribe to NHL GameCenter Live, until I call them and cancel it this week:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/276991/20120105/sopa-companies-businesses-groups-support-controversial-bill.htm

Here is the list of politicians who support this bill, notice that the majority of them are so $#@!ing old they most likely never have or ever will use the internet. They have no $#@!ing idea what they are supporting. If they are your local politicians by all means contact them and voice your displeasure:

http://sopaopera.org/

Spread the word and please prevent this country from becoming: "The United States of America Inc. Ltd. Enterprises." If you will just shrug this off saying: "Meh they are just going after the pirates and counterfeiters, it doesn't affect me." Well you would be dead wrong and completely uninformed. Watch the video and listen to the explanations.

Not that I'm a direct Ron Paul supporter I am becoming one since he is against this Bill and also another dangerous internet bill PIPA. Remember your inactivity may become our downfall. Click here to enlarge
    The SOPA bill will be voted on January 24th 2012, please do your part and make your voice heard.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wasviewing this On my cell, too much txt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wasviewing this On my cell, too much txt.
    Actually Sticky, you of all people here should take notice.
    This SOPA bill will cause BimmerBoost to go Error 404, or at least make it a much more boring place.
    The EU parlement has just before allowing a similar law grown a brain and turned it down.
    It is a very good reason to take the very important part of the Internet Infrastructure away from the USA if this bill would make it. It would make the internet a very sensored and multinational controlled place indeed.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Actually Sticky, you of all people here should take notice.
    This SOPA bill will cause BimmerBoost to go Error 404, or at least make it a much more boring place.
    The EU parlement has just before allowing a similar law grown a brain and turned it down.
    It is a very good reason to take the very important part of the Internet Infrastructure away from the USA if this bill would make it. It would make the internet a very sensored and multinational controlled place indeed.
    Censoring the internet is idiotic. I don't want government control here, nobody does, we don't need it. It's just further proof of the government trying to control everything.

Freedom of speech should reign supreme in cyberspace. I have faith no matter what we will always be able to circumvent it. The internet can't be policed 100%.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ron paul 2012

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys need to view this thread more often and take it more seriously.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Lasted 3 seconds watching that guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Ron paul 2012
    PLus FvCking 1
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

SOPA & NDAA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some of the biggest and most popular sites on the internet are "blacking out" today for 12 hours as a protest and to raise awareness of the dangers SOPA brings.

Wikipedia
    Reddit
    Google has a doodle.
    Mozilla

Politicians are not impressed, they say they are spreading misinformation and that they are protecting American jobs from foreign criminals.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Downloaded a torrent for Kidz Bop 20 last night. I'm going to jail...

But, I then purchased Kidz Bop 21 from Amazon right afterwards. Yea, me!
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see this crap already at work here at my Job... New York States National Guard has some of the strictest controls on internet... It's so strict that I can't even view some .gov sites on a government computer... Makes no sense, so I have to jump on my civilian computer to view a government website... Straight stupidity... (Im on my regular computer for this because obviously this site is forbidden on my gov't system)
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ALL MY SITES WENT on 24 HOUR SHUT DOWN

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The driving force behind this is the Motion Picture Association of America and the wealth of Hollywood who have their hands deep into politicians pockets. I love how they like to mask it as saving jobs here in the US. It's nothing more than a way to stop people from buying pirated movies that are still in the theaters, thus stealing millions of dollars from the Hollywood studios.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly we get it. The SOPA bill sucks, but what's with google and wikipedia and $#@! being such $#@!es. They are whining so hard, I needed wikipedia today and it's blacked out. Come on... The SOPA bill isn't gonna automatically turn off the internet, what's with the paranoia. I am not for it at all, but everyone has the attention span of a flea.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like 3 co sponsors backed out from supporting the bill, and Ron Paul is on the Congress floor demanding our rights on the NDAA bill.

Ron Paul 2012

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Honestly we get it. The SOPA bill sucks, but what's with google and wikipedia and $#@! being such $#@!es. They are whining so hard, I needed wikipedia today and it's blacked out. Come on... The SOPA bill isn't gonna automatically turn off the internet, what's with the paranoia. I am not for it at all, but everyone has the attention span of a flea.
    What did you need it for ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    What did you need it for ?
    Had to look up an equation real quick...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1

extreme liberals
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe boycotts won't help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you turn off your javascript it works.

Also works on mobile devices.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    I believe boycotts won't help.
    Well look at that website I linked earlier. On Monday it had 81 Sopa supporters and 31 opponents, if you don't believe in protests take a look at that site now and see. We can thank Reddit, Wikipedia and all the other major players in this.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Protect American Jobs? Since when did they care about that? Protect major corporations that help them influence the world maybe....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only the US "English" site was blacked out, you could have accessed the French or German site and clicked "english" as your language preference and Wiki would have worked just fine for you.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    While I am all for protecting IP and protecting against piracy these two bills cover a much broader stroke that that. It will allow for MAJOR censorship not only by the governemnt but by individuals and corporations as well. It will allow company A to shut down Company B's website if they say something about company A. Example, it would allow Andy/MHP to shut down Benzboost becuase Benzboost is a source of information that hurts MHPs business even though everything posted about MHP is true.

Before you guys commnet any more you need to take some time to read the actual bills. I am a die-hard conservative but still feel these Bills are dangerous. There are all kinds of things in these Bills that would cost Americans millions or billions of dollars resulting from online purchases from places like ebay and craigslist. this is some scary $#@! and you all should read it and contact your local representatives and let them know they should not support it.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast