41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Turbos are in! Butt dyno feedback to come soon.
    Butt dyno calibrated yet?? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome bro, thanks for posting the dyno. So was each run a different map? I love the table top torque curve! I'm gunna get a dyno done soon on my stage 2+ car as well, just waiting to change the oil first as I have about 11k miles since the last one. Congrats on the news turbos, can't wait to see the new dyno's!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you running meth with COBB?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Are you running meth with COBB?
    I will when I load the race map up.

Initial impressions: Likely making more power up top because I felt the pull all the way to redline whereas on the stockers they tend to fade out towards redline. I'm not even entirely positive gains can be shown on the Cobb tunes because they are load targeting, although stage 2 maps have less authority than stage 1 which can make changes of up to 4 psi upward. I know stage 2 race has very little authority.

I will take the trip down to Mexico and datalog a few 3rd gear pulls real quick. If I drop timing like a mofo on stage2+FMIC pump the map is likely too hot and these turbos are flowing more air. Stage 2 race map will be a better test.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Awesome bro, thanks for posting the dyno. So was each run a different map? I love the table top torque curve! I'm gunna get a dyno done soon on my stage 2+ car as well, just waiting to change the oil first as I have about 11k miles since the last one. Congrats on the news turbos, can't wait to see the new dyno's!
    The two 400+whp runs were on stage 2 race. The other runs were single runs on stock, stage 1, and stage 2 + FMIC aggressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shoot man you message me for installation torque specs only to find out you are installing competitive turbos!! haha, jk, I knew they were coming. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Initial impressions: Likely making more power up top because I felt the pull all the way to redline whereas on the stockers they tend to fade out towards redline. I'm not even entirely positive gains can be shown on the Cobb tunes because they are load targeting, although stage 2 maps have less authority than stage 1 which can make changes of up to 4 psi upward. I know stage 2 race has very little authority.

I will take the trip down to Mexico and datalog a few 3rd gear pulls real quick. If I drop timing like a mofo on stage2+FMIC pump the map is likely too hot and these turbos are flowing more air. Stage 2 race map will be a better test.
    Your confusing flow with heat. Also your Cobb maps will less aggressive then compared to stock turbos if the turbo are more free flowing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Shoot man you message me for installation torque specs only to find out you are installing competitive turbos!! haha, jk, I knew they were coming. Click here to enlarge
    Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask Click here to enlarge Thank you for your help though, it helped a LOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Your confusing flow with heat. Also your Cobb maps will less aggressive then compared to stock turbos if the turbo are more free flowing.
    I see, my understanding is the timing set point is identical across both these turbos and the stockers, if they were making more power due to more air flow, the timing curve would be too aggressive for the power levels. Thanks for t he clarification

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much longer do you think your transmission will hold up at these power levels? That is whats keeping me from moving up to RB's.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Yes real world pulls in Mexico will let you know if the turbos really make more power or not.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looking forward to the results!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VBOX! VBOX! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you back from mexico yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never managed to get out to Mexico. Have been beating the snot out of the car to ensure its running the way it should with hard 3rd gear pulls. No hard numbers just yet, but the datalog I pulled on the race map shows the car's running fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never managed to get out to Mexico. Have been beating the snot out of the car to ensure its running the way it should with hard 3rd gear pulls. No hard numbers just yet, but the datalog I pulled on the race map shows the car's running fine.
    you still running the same race map or you did get a revised one that fixed problems after 6000 rpm? just wondering about the development status.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Same race map. The only issue I have with this map is flatlining timing if I shift below 6500 under wot. Going on the dyno today ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cobb finally released beta AP firmware that reports boost properly. Just in time too. The reason why I may have felt underwhelmed with these turbos is because the race map is targeting WAYYYYY less boost than on the stockers. There will be gains to be had. Just need to do a fair apples to apples comparison with the same boost curve on the new turbos with the stockers. I think I understand why dzenno runs a JB4 on top now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cobb finally released beta AP firmware that reports boost properly. Just in time too. The reason why I may have felt underwhelmed with these turbos is because the race map is targeting WAYYYYY less boost than on the stockers. There will be gains to be had. Just need to do a fair apples to apples comparison with the same boost curve on the new turbos with the stockers. I think I understand why dzenno runs a JB4 on top now.
    one of the reasons jb4 is on top (other than progressively higher boost when on meth, dash gauges and shift light, ability to datalog and then graph/view the log quick, all VERY important to me) is because the OTS maps were made with stock turbos i.e. stock wastegate setups, in mind...DME will auto adjust the wastegate duty cycle through its compensation tables but the issue is it "seems" (i might be wrong) that it doesn't compensate in the negative direction by default, only in the positive direction (basically only raises wgdc in the areas where boost is "below" target)...so in my case, given the stock wgdc with RBs my car ends up boosting about 2psi more than target than it would have on stock turbos due to wg adjustment...same thing happens on JB4 and same thing happened on procede until shiv made maps specific for RBs...in the meantime i deal with this with a little hardware trick on the car to apply less vacuum to the wastegates..i pull out a vacuum hose from one of the vacuum tanks and plug the tank with a vacuum cap and plug the hose with a screw lol ghetto and a half but funny enough this solves overboost and brings boost down to target (thanks to Terry for the tip) Click here to enlarge

a proper cobb map for RBs will take care of better boost targeting by setting up wgdc tables differently than stock in addition to being able to squeeze more power than just using OTS maps and some semi-blindly done race maps...can't wait for the update hopefully by end of this week

Ben, have you graphed target vs. actual boost to see if you're under/over/on target? If you're under target you'd have more power with the proper wgdc setup there no doubt...not the case if you're on target...if you're over target you'll just get throttle closures and it doesn't look like you're getting any of those so that's good
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another great news!
    I am mostly over target i think. Cant wait for upped turbos map.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Another great news!
    I am mostly over target i think. Cant wait for upped turbos map.
    I also "think" that the DME will add some timing if you're under target, and also take away some timing if you're over target, obviously provided that it does see these things...i also think that the piggies could or did use this strategy to add/remove some timing in certain places but i'm not sure...maybe Terry could confirm if the DME raises timing a bit if it sees boost is under target, or lowers timing when its over target
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I also "think" that the DME will add some timing if you're under target, and also take away some timing if you're over target, obviously provided that it does see these things...i also think that the piggies could or did use this strategy to add/remove some timing in certain places but i'm not sure...maybe Terry could confirm if the DME raises timing a bit if it sees boost is under target, or lowers timing when its over target
    I sent you the datalog, timing is as expected. WGDC is similar to my stock turbos, the only thing is it is under target anywhere from 1-5 psi depending on where in the powerband.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    teaser:

Yes, I understand the power is likely overinflated, but that boost curve, according to Cobb is legit.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    12.5 AFR ? shouldnt it hit 12?
    We should all agree to use smoothing 4 or 5 as well.
    Looking good by the way
    teaser:

Yes, I understand the power is likely overinflated, but that boost curve, according to Cobb is legit.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast