Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    supercharged m3s losing...to stock porches
    Oh I don't even care about that. I want to actually point out this M3 lost to a stock Porsche if anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i see

my trolling = fail

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus, that Porsche was pulling on the M like a goddamn freight train the last few seconds of the race. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick porsche...and those GT2s handle on rails too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    997 GT2, sick car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely a sick race. That Porsche is a friggen ROCKET!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think it is messing with the gas pedal as much as the M3's constant acceleration due to the shift speed magnifying the time it takes the GT2 to shift manually.

If there were mis-shifts I don't think he would have pulled past or trapped as well.

Would like to see more runs as well. I don't know if I really believe that GT2 is stock.
    You hear the GT2 chirp it's tires early on on the 1st to 2nd shift... I argue he missed a shift to drop back that far or he is toying with that M3. He starts to pull with great ease on the top meaning he flexed his right foot and stopped screwing up or screwing around. You don't pull on someone that easily by accident. Thats a display of superior power IMO. Now maybe the M3 makes 650 crank hp or maybe it wasn't running perfectly or maybe the GT2 was modded and so on. Lots of maybe's but the GT2 walks at the end and thats way clear. I would like more runs of the two. As Matt said its hard to duplicate fumbled runs back to back
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A little OT but still quite same comparision.We had a manual 6speed M3 -08 ESS VT625 last summer, dynoed 555Whp on a Dynapack hub dyno.Smashed 996TT with GT2 mods and 997 turbos like it was nothing (+ R8,Corvettes,GTR).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    M3 is hurting on tq, that's really why the GT2 was able to come back.

And fyi; for video above me that white p car is not a turbo, center exhaust my friend.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think it is messing with the gas pedal as much as the M3's constant acceleration due to the shift speed magnifying the time it takes the GT2 to shift manually.

If there were mis-shifts I don't think he would have pulled past or trapped as well.

Would like to see more runs as well. I don't know if I really believe that GT2 is stock.
    +1 on that, I didn't want to sound stupid so I didn't say anything earlier. Even though the gt2 is lighter It couldn't pull the way it did on a a car that has almost 100 hp more. It must have something done to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by z3speed4me Click here to enlarge

And fyi; for video above me that white p car is not a turbo, center exhaust my friend.....
    At top end though wouldn't it be hp that wins not tq? I though tq was more about low end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You hear the GT2 chirp it's tires early on on the 1st to 2nd shift... I argue he missed a shift to drop back that far or he is toying with that M3. He starts to pull with great ease on the top meaning he flexed his right foot and stopped screwing up or screwing around. You don't pull on someone that easily by accident. Thats a display of superior power IMO. Now maybe the M3 makes 650 crank hp or maybe it wasn't running perfectly or maybe the GT2 was modded and so on. Lots of maybe's but the GT2 walks at the end and thats way clear. I would like more runs of the two. As Matt said its hard to duplicate fumbled runs back to back
    A stock GT2 doesn't have the power to just pull a supercharged DCT M3 whenever it wants to. He chirped his tires as a GT2 will do that who is going flat out on the 1-2.

I don't buy the GT2 sandbagging and still trapping 10 MPH higher when the M3 obviously is accelerating al out.

The GT2 likely was modded but regardless it wins decisively.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Has nothing to do with torque especially once the cars are moving and it is all about HP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    At top end though wouldn't it be hp that wins not tq? I though tq was more about low end.
    Correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Blown DCT M3's are VERY strong at speeds over 100mph where other cars usually hit a wall, that p-car had to be modded or something was up. I'd expect the porsche to pull out at low speeds due to tq advantage and traction and the M3 reeling it in and passing at triple digit speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M3 in the JawsMotosport video tromped that 911 turbo, would have been ridiculous if it was DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Blown DCT M3's are VERY strong at speeds over 100mph where other cars usually hit a wall, that p-car had to be modded or something was up. I'd expect the porsche to pull out at low speeds due to tq advantage and traction and the M3 reeling it in and passing at triple digit speeds.
    On paper this is exactly what should happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Its a 996TT with GT2 turbos and more with tune...FYIClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know that there are many more technical variables to consider but the most tangible is bhp/kg.A e92 m3 weighs 1655 kilo / 3648.7 lbs, and the gt2 weighs 1440 kilo / 3174.7 lbs. Assumming the m3 has 650 hp, the ratio would be 0,39 bhp/kg and the gt2 stock has a ratio of 0,37 bhp/kg. I think the gt2 has an aerodynamic advantage over the m3 (based only on looks)My superficial conclusion Is that the gt2 has the advantage especially on a full mile when high speed comes into play.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nappy_time Click here to enlarge
    I know that there are many more technical variables to consider but the most tangible is bhp/kg.A e92 m3 weighs 1655 kilo / 3648.7 lbs, and the gt2 weighs 1440 kilo / 3174.7 lbs. Assumming the m3 has 650 hp, the ratio would be 0,39 bhp/kg and the gt2 stock has a ratio of 0,37 bhp/kg. I think the gt2 has an aerodynamic advantage over the m3 (based only on looks)My superficial conclusion Is that the gt2 has the advantage especially on a full mile when high speed comes into play.
    Power to weight is an acceleration factor obviously but in a mile long race it won't overcome that large of an HP deficit. I don't know what's up exactly but respect for the GT2.

GT2 drag coefficient is .32 vs. .31 for the M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something is not right. GT2 can't pull that easily on high speeds where a boosted M3 shines. Either that GT2 is modded or the M3 doesn't have the VT-650 kit. Those Russians seem have to problems with ESS kits, they think the number is whp not bhp BTW. It's not the first time they are claiming false horse power numbers for ESS cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12