Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Factory widebands and narrow band

Hey guys what voltage is our factory widebands use? Is it 0-5 volts? Also what about the narrow bands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you asked this before, what are you trying to accomplish? WB report current (amps) and NB report 0-1v, but may use a 0-5v circuit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Something similar was up before. I guess you in first hand are interested to monitor the wideband sensor. I may be difficult (but not impossible) since it use a +/- 2 mA DC current signal to tell AFR to the ECU. This (to measure current) is not a problem in itself but the problem is to connect a current monitoring device without reducing the existing current in the circuit. In case the current is reduced by 10% by an inline current detector (basically a serial resistor where you would measure the voltage drop across it to read current) it would also offset the information to the ECU by 10%.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...667#post223667

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks R1000K3. I think I am done with resistors!! Lol. I am getting an external wideband setup! Either way much thanks for at least answering in a civil way to my repeated threads and posts about it. Trying to grasp an understanding of it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if you could wire in a cutoff to your narrow bands. If you can set the voltage threshold this could be possible. The problem is that they may have to register actually lean >14.5 AFR. BUT I've read before that tuners in the past would use NB for tuning and during WOT they would display a fairly steady voltage. So if you can confirm a narrow window during WOT, then potentially the NB could register leaning out before it switches. I don't know though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am gettIng an LC1 to monitor A/f and using the LC1 controller to give me the 0-5 volts needed to install a lean/ rich run cutoff switch for my nitrous. Overkill for such a small shot but it's something for me to do over the winter months! Thanks but this will be the last time I will ask what volts does our widebands produce!!!! Haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if you could wire in a cutoff to your narrow bands. If you can set the voltage threshold this could be possible. The problem is that they may have to register actually lean >14.5 AFR. BUT I've read before that tuners in the past would use NB for tuning and during WOT they would display a fairly steady voltage. So if you can confirm a narrow window during WOT, then potentially the NB could register leaning out before it switches. I don't know though.
    The NB sensors output signal cannot be used to control a safety cutoff circuit. The reason is as you wrote yourself it can only tell whether the AFR is below 14.7 or not and e.g. 14.5 this is by far too lean for a high load situation in a turbo engine.