Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes I just installed a flow sensor with compression fittings. These are no doubt the best solution for leak free attachements. I am slowly but surely changing all my fittings to these. Terry I hope you can find a cheaper solution as these are not cheap

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    well, my coolingmist does the same as your DO so I got DO hoses and fittings to try, still sitting in my trunk as my meth kit is off the car at the moment until i find a way to relocate it in the popular WW meth location...need to make myself some kind of bracket Click here to enlarge
    Helix makes a universal bracket; I've been meaning to PM them on pricing, just haven't had the chance. But it mounts vertically (I Believe) which I like better, it's a bit more out of the way, specially for those with a 1series, Mr.5 Intake and cramped engine compartment.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I like that it's based on the WW reservoir. When I had my DO kit, I got very tired of explaining why there was a plastic tank mounted in my trunk. I just started saying "Don't worry about it. Just cooking up some meth in my trunk" lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    But generic fittings are very common in USA hardware stores. One less expensive option might be to just get some generic compression fittings at your local hardware store to use. The line is 4mm ID 6mm OD IIRC.
    Nah... I think I'll go for the proven stuff. I'm fed up with leaks by now. Click here to enlarge
    CM it will be! Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

CM's compression fittings (more along the lines of a metal push lock than compression) are also garbage...i've gone through 2 sets already and they always start to leak again no matter how straight the hose is cut...the AM (Aquamist) fittings are very similar to generic hardware store ones which I saw at home depot tonight and they'd be a lot less likely to leak just by looking at them...my aquamist flow sensor never has its fittings leak...

really, all the meth kits just end up performing $#@! because of the bad fittings, otherwise everything else is great

Terry, what's the size/spec on the check valve you're using inside the washer fluid line? Have a bit of trouble sourcing a check valve up here...tried home depot and canadian tire, nothing..maybe NAPA would have something...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I've never had a leak with CM fittings. I guess it will leak sooner or later if the nylon tube can move around so it should be fastened 5 to 10" from the joint.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Also, anyone know who sells 90deg plastic elbows? I need some on the in/out from the meth pump...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

CM's compression fittings (more along the lines of a metal push lock than compression) are also garbage...i've gone through 2 sets already and they always start to leak again no matter how straight the hose is cut...the AM (Aquamist) fittings are very similar to generic hardware store ones which I saw at home depot tonight and they'd be a lot less likely to leak just by looking at them...my aquamist flow sensor never has its fittings leak...

really, all the meth kits just end up performing $#@! because of the bad fittings, otherwise everything else is great

Terry, what's the size/spec on the check valve you're using inside the washer fluid line? Have a bit of trouble sourcing a check valve up here...tried home depot and canadian tire, nothing..maybe NAPA would have something...
    The thing is that my old CM instant fittings (the orange ones) never leaked after over 1 year of frequent use.
    Could it be that the new metal instant fittings are worse than the old ones?
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    The thing is that my old CM instant fittings (the orange ones) never leaked after over 1 year of frequent use.
    Could it be that the new metal instant fittings are worse than the old ones?
    I had issues with the orange ones as well...pump, controller, solenoid, checkvalve and filter were always trouble free, it was just the damn fittings Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I had issues with the orange ones as well...pump, controller, solenoid, checkvalve and filter were always trouble free, it was just the damn fittings Click here to enlarge
    Hmm... That's strange! Click here to enlarge

I'm a little skeptical to AM's fittings as they're installed inside the hose, which will create a very small ID.

Take a look here:

Click here to enlarge

I'm not sure how that extremely small ID will affect the meth flow...
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

It doesn't affect flow numbers...look at how tiny the nozzle output is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Hmm... That's strange! Click here to enlarge

I'm a little skeptical to AM's fittings as they're installed inside the hose, which will create a very small ID.

Take a look here:

I'm not sure how that extremely small ID will affect the meth flow...
    They can keep those. I'm talking about the 1/4" compression hose fittings used on their flow sensor. It maybe reduces ID from 4mm to 3mm but at 150psi+ I don't think it matters in terms of flow. The nozzle is a small fraction of that size.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

It's sort of a pain finding one that holds up to the methanol. I finally found one normally intended to be used in alcohol vending machines. I can sell you one for $7 if you want and ship it to Mike. Or $10 direct via first class.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

They can keep those. I'm talking about the 1/4" compression hose fittings used on their flow sensor. It maybe reduces ID from 4mm to 3mm but at 150psi+ I don't think it matters in terms of flow. The nozzle is a small fraction of that size.
    Yeah, they looked much better.
    Maybe it would be suitable to have a little chat with AM in UK... Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Yeah, they looked much better.
    Maybe it would be suitable to have a little chat with AM in UK... Click here to enlarge
    Should be easy enough to order them from their site. I know they are made by another company so if I were to offer them I'd need to secure good volume pricing. Get them from AM and let us know if you think its worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I went from Push fittings to the AM 1/4 to 1/8 npt fittings compression fittings on the flow sensor and my IATs are basically the same as before and the smaller ID effects flow marginally to a Point you cannot notice difference. It's by far the best fittings that I have used. I had Labonte crap, DO, CM and SP fittings at the moment which are pretty good but AM by far is superior by a large margin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I can't find the parts I'm looking for...
    I'm looking here: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/frm-5.html

I need a Tee with hose fittings, a male 1/8 npt with hose fitting and 5 ft of 1/4" hose.
    They only seem to have 4 or 6 mm fittings/hoses...?
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Those look LEGIT.... Time to do some shopping. Score I get my hands on atr.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I can't find the parts I'm looking for...
    I'm looking here: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/frm-5.html

I need a Tee with hose fittings, a male 1/8 npt with hose fitting and 5 ft of 1/4" hose.
    They only seem to have 4 or 6 mm fittings/hoses...?
    6mm fitting is what you need. It's same as 1/4 just named differently

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Here is what you need.

http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...8%22-BSPP.html

These fittings are the tits!!! Love them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    6mm fitting is what you need. It's same as 1/4 just named differently
    I'm not sure about that, 1/4" fittings are 6.35 mm.
    And when you're pressurizing the system with 200+ psi I think those 0.35 mm can create problems...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, cause like I've said before; I'm fed up with leaks. Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

i have the aquamist flow sensor with their compression fittings and that's the only thing that never leaks..i use a standard 1/4" ID hose...its a really tight fit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

i have the aquamist flow sensor with their compression fittings and that's the only thing that never leaks..i use a standard 1/4" ID hose...its a really tight fit
    Ok, in that case it's worth a try. Click here to enlarge
    Actually I think I can find those fittings locally.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yeah like Dzenno stated, When you screw in the compression fitting it's very snug and no play, plus the meth line has to fit over a barbed lip and then the screw compresses over this barbed lip and forms a tight seal. I tried pulling it out and it didnt dislodge. I have tested it and there is no leaks. I feel very confident with these fittings. When u get them you will understand and see why I feel this way! Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok, in that case it's worth a try. Click here to enlarge
    Actually I think I can find those fittings locally.
    OK, I finally manage to find them locally.
    ...and I got them for FREE! Click here to enlarge
    The only payment was that I'll have to give the owner of the shop a ride as soon as the roads are dry. Click here to enlarge

Here's a pic of the beauties:

Click here to enlarge

I think I'll change all of the fittings in the system in a near future.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast