Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You guys are crazy. Have any of you ever met him? He's the nicest guy and a true enthusiast.

On his other car the lease was up and I think it went back to the dealer. The transmission had taken a beating and was slipping at higher power levels for sure. Such is life pushing the boundaries.

so he beat the crap out of the tranny to the point where it wouldnt hold power and then returned it as a lease? stand up guy. i'm sure the person who buys it will appreciate that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    so he beat the crap out of the tranny to the point where it wouldnt hold power and then returned it as a lease? stand up guy. i'm sure the person who buys it will appreciate that.
    I believe he verified it would hold up to map 7 levels. But seeing as you have so much contempt for a guy who does nothing but push boundaries for us and share his results. What have you done for the community? Aside from own and sell an N54 2 years ago?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I believe he verified it would hold up to map 7 levels. But seeing as you have so much contempt for a guy who does nothing but push boundaries for us and share his results. What have you done for the community? Aside from own and sell an N54 2 years ago?
    obviously not as much as him recently. Doesn't change the way he comes off. Do u really think I'm the only one who feels that way?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    obviously not as much as him recently. Doesn't change the way he comes off. Do u really think I'm the only one who feels that way?
    Knowing him in person I just don't get the animosity. He used to run GTECH times, and you guys ridiculed him for not running at the track. Then he started running track times, and you guys ridiculed him with accusations of hidden mods and nitrous. Then he actually added nitrous and some mods and blew away everyone's expectations. And now all you guys can say is he's a jerk. Well, I'm telling you he's a pretty nice guy. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    certainly some tomfoolery going on and Ive been on Hotrod's case since day one of his antics. I believe him about as far as I can throw him, which is nowhere being he's on the wrong coast.

I wouldnt be shocked if someone posted a link to proof of Hotrod jerkin off to his vbox pictures.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Well said.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, what the hell is with this? How can one have any respect for someone who abuses a lease and passes the repair cost off to BMW? How can anyone take him seriously when he says he would get an M3 and modify it but he does the bare minimum $ amount he can get away with and then when things go wrong he hides?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Knowing him in person I just don't get the animosity. He used to run GTECH times, and you guys ridiculed him for not running at the track. Then he started running track times, and you guys ridiculed him with accusations of hidden mods and nitrous. Then he actually added nitrous and some mods and blew away everyone's expectations. And now all you guys can say is he's a jerk. Well, I'm telling you he's a pretty nice guy. Click here to enlarge
    I don't think anyone is saying he is a jerk. It is the way he posts information and behaves that rubs people the wrong way. The constant "oh my car is stock" talk when he was running a modified car and the constant inflated numbers and hiding when asked to prove ANYTHING against a source he does not control. Guy will run the 1/4 in 120 mph and then say, oh, based on how I feel this is evidence the car is actually a 125 car. Then he will go and spin off the line, getting a poor et, and using an inflated trap as justification for the car trapping higher. You don't see this? What makes it worse he does it a track that already reads high and people swallow this BS. Then even those inflated numbers he will go and try to play up. There is a reason he won't run any "real" 130 mph trap cars.

He just sits around making love to his vbox and misleading people with numbers to try and make his vehicle appear stronger than it is. Just kind of pathetic and it leads to people thinking these cars are far stronger than they are. There is a reason for the disparity between the times and traps Terry. It is not a small margin either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, what the hell is with this? How can one have any respect for someone who abuses a lease and passes the repair cost off to BMW? How can anyone take him seriously when he says he would get an M3 and modify it but he does the bare minimum $ amount he can get away with and then when things go wrong he hides?
    Give the ethics argument a rest Sticky. BMW has to be the most unethical car company in the world. They try to fix every issue they have with software which is total bull$#@!, and even the techs say its not going to fix anything. Wastegate rattle due to poor design requires a lawyer to get fixed correctly, HPFP isn't replaced until you end up stranded somewhere, and I had to have BMW's engineering team come to replace a $35 ipod cable. As far as I'm concerned I hope everyone who gets a chance to make BMW lose money should do so proudly. I will never buy another BMW in my life because they don't honor their warranty...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rcracer_tx Click here to enlarge
    Oh please, give the ethics argument a rest. BMW has to be the most unethical car company in the world. They try to fix every issue they have with software which is total bull$#@!, and even the techs say its not going to fix anything. Wastegate rattle due to poor design requires a lawyer to get fixed correctly, HPFP isn't replaced until you end up stranded somewhere, and I had to have BMW's engineering team come to replace a $35 ipod cable. As far as I'm concerned I hope everyone who gets a chance to make BMW lose money should do so proudly.
    I completely agree with you that they try to get out of warranty repair and it is messed up. They also try to fix issues with software so they don't have to pay out of pocket for hardware recalls. However, I can't blame them when they have to waste money on things like fixing leases.

Bottom line, modding a leased car and abusing it is messed up, period.

Trying to make BMW lose money is not something to be proud, that is hardly the correct solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think anyone is saying he is a jerk. It is the way he posts information and behaves that rubs people the wrong way. The constant "oh my car is stock" talk when he was running a modified car and the constant inflated numbers and hiding when asked to prove ANYTHING against a source he does not control. Guy will run the 1/4 in 120 mph and then say, oh, based on how I feel this is evidence the car is actually a 125 car. Then he will go and spin off the line, getting a poor et, and using an inflated trap as justification for the car trapping higher. You don't see this? What makes it worse he does it a track that already reads high and people swallow this BS. Then even those inflated numbers he will go and try to play up. There is a reason he won't run any "real" 130 mph trap cars.

He just sits around making love to his vbox and misleading people with numbers to try and make his vehicle appear stronger than it is. Just kind of pathetic and it leads to people thinking these cars are far stronger than they are. There is a reason for the disparity between the times and traps Terry. It is not a small margin either.
    If you don't like his track times then that is a fair criticism. I personally think 11.3@133 with transmission problems is a pretty solid time. There isn't a faster N54 in all of the world and that includes several running more mods. He picked up almost 8mph on the bottle. Consistent with what I saw on the dyno picking up 110rw on a larger shot.

He trusts his VBOX times more than Sac's timing lights. It's easy to disagree with but he posts both and you can take from it what you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you don't like his track times then that is a fair criticism. I personally think 11.3@133 with transmission problems is a pretty solid time. There isn't a faster N54 in all of the world and that includes several running more mods. He picked up almost 8mph on the bottle. Consistent with what I saw on the dyno picking up 110rw on a larger shot.

He trusts his VBOX times more than Sac's timing lights. It's easy to disagree with but he posts both and you can take from it what you want.
    Terry you knew exactly what I meant. Of course 11.3@133 is a solid time. Would be even better if he told everyone the truth on how much nitrous he was running. No one dislikes nice times, people dislike being misled.

Almost 8 mph on the bottle? Quoting from a 125 jb3 time achieved spinning out of the hole with a poor et, right? So from an inflated number to begin with and a track that then further inflates it due to the poorly calibrated lights. Then people start thinking JB3's run 125 mph traps... and you and I both know they don't.

Yes, everyone can take from it what they want. Regardless, whatever, all the best to him and everyone else who enjoys BMW performance.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FAct is none can replicate his tim, his set up is the definition of GHETTO. More then half of us are tired of his bull$#@! vbox threads. Id be a good thing if it could be replicated, which it cant. The fact that he went through like 4 n54s already is joke.
    Poeple fall for this $#@! and then when they can't replicate it he gets called a good driver when the fact of matter is that he can't get out the hole for the life of him. Out of all the guys who go to sac, his 60 is usually the worst. Great drive bro lol
    Last edited by Laloosh; 05-26-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry you knew exactly what I meant. Of course 11.3@133 is a solid time. Would be even better if he told everyone the truth on how much nitrous he was running. No one dislikes nice times, people dislike being misled.

Almost 8 mph on the bottle? Quoting from a 125 jb3 time achieved spinning out of the hole with a poor et, right? So from an inflated number to begin with and a track that then further inflates it due to the poorly calibrated lights. Then people start thinking JB3's run 125 mph traps... and you and I both know they don't.

Yes, everyone can take from it what they want. Regardless, whatever, all the best to him and everyone else who enjoys BMW performance.
    You know how I feel about Sac but in this market people are willing to accept times from there. Our competitors use times from there. So Hotrod's times are just as legitimate IMHO. He went 124.5mph there and 132.5mph on the bottle IIRC. Even your slow car put down some decent MPH there so that tells you everything you need to know about the track. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    FAct is none can replicate his tim, his set up is the definition of GHETTO. More then half of us are tired of his bull$#@! vbox threads. Id be a good thing if it could be replicated, which it cant. The fact that he went through like 4 n54s already is joke.
    Poeple fall for this $#@! and then when they can't replicate it he gets called a good driver when the fact of matter is that he can't get out the hole for the life of him. Out of all the guys who go to sac, his 60 is usually the worst. Great drive bro lol
    He has this whole thing about not doing a burn out as he doesn't want to heat up the IC before the run. I don't agree but it obviously works for him. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He has this whole thing about not doing a burn out as he doesn't want to heat up the IC before the run. I don't agree but it obviously works for him. Click here to enlarge
    well thats just a bad idea lol......get a better intercooler or something to cool it down, but DONT SACRIFICE TRACTION ON PURPOSE WHEN YOUR DRAG RACING.

he never did install a LSD did he? should have been his 1st mod.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well thats just a bad idea lol......get a better intercooler or something to cool it down, but DONT SACRIFICE TRACTION ON PURPOSE WHEN YOUR DRAG RACING.

No LSD. He normally does 12 month leases IIRC so doesn't like mods he can't easily install/remove. It took weeks of convincing to get him to try downpipes and he's still skeptical they do anything. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

An LSD does not have the advantage over an open diff in drag racing that people seem to think it does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know how I feel about Sac but in this market people are willing to accept times from there. Our competitors use times from there. So Hotrod's times are just as legitimate IMHO. He went 124.5mph there and 132.5mph on the bottle IIRC. Even your slow car put down some decent MPH there so that tells you everything you need to know about the track. Click here to enlarge
    I understand the Sac game all too well.

Supposedly the traps are even further off now than when I ran last year. I did not want to sit around comparing traps from different times, I wanted to run. He wouldn't show because his car would not perform in relation to another car as he wants people to believe it would. That is the issue Terry, he would rather play with paper and mislead people than show real world performance in comparison to a target he does not control.

It is just lame and clearly I was not the only one sick of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand the Sac game all too well.

Supposedly the traps are even further off now than when I ran last year. I did not want to sit around comparing traps from different times, I wanted to run. He wouldn't show because his car would not perform in relation to another car as he wants people to believe it would. That is the issue Terry, he would rather play with paper and mislead people than show real world performance in comparison to a target he does not control.

It is just lame and clearly I was not the only one sick of it.
    I think it was a case of you calling him out after he realized the tranny was damaged/not shifting. Something you can relate to with the DCT right? It's not easy keeping a 500rw+ N54/step combo together but if someone can he's shown it can put down good times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it was a case of you calling him out after he realized the tranny was damaged/not shifting. Something you can related to with the DCT right?
    No, I was asking, begging, him to run before that but instead he wanted to compare Vbox numbers. His runs don't mean much if he doesn't even believe in them. He would rather mislead with the Vbox and play it up instead of play like the big boys do.

I know you like hotrod and all and he does great things for your business so I understand. However, he does not get much respect with his shady behavior and playing BS number games.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I was asking, begging, him to run before that but instead he wanted to compare Vbox numbers. His runs don't mean much if he doesn't even believe in them. He would rather mislead with the Vbox and play it up instead of play like the big boys do.

I know you like hotrod and all and he does great things for your business so I understand. However, he does not get much respect with his shady behavior and playing BS number games.
    He's a nice guy, hard not to like him. What exactly is shady though? It sounds like you're just calling him a wimp for not racing you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's a nice guy, hard not to like him. What exactly is shady though? It sounds like you're just calling him a wimp for not racing you?
    No, not calling him a wimp. I think weasel would be more accurate in describing him.

I don't doubt he is nice.

What is shady? Everything mentioned in this thread. The numbers are just out of whack for what is stated you know it, I know it, everyone knows it and that is why he gets static for behaving like a weasel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, not calling him a wimp. I think weasel would be more accurate in describing him.

I don't doubt he is nice.

What is shady? Everything mentioned in this thread. The numbers are just out of whack for what is stated you know it, I know it, everyone knows it and that is why he gets static for behaving like a weasel.
    The numbers add up to me. I'd happily point out if they didn't. What never added up to me was Shiv running 11.50@125.5mph off nitrous and 11.45@128.5mph with a 100 shot. Maybe bad driving, maybe bad tuning, but something didn't add up there to me. Especially considering Hotrod (and many others) have picked up 7-8mph on a similar shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The numbers add up to me. I'd happily point out if they didn't. What never added up to me was Shiv running 11.50@125.5mph off nitrous and 11.45@128.5mph with a 100 shot. Maybe bad driving, maybe bad tuning, but something didn't add up there to me. Especially considering Hotrod (and many others) have picked up 7-8mph on a similar shot.
    The 11.45@128 was with a different V4 revision I thought, one before the 125, right? Also different days and such.

However, if Shiv's numbers don't add up to you with nitrous, why do Oldboosters?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oldbooster only used the .28 jet right?- could be wrong though..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast