Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Have a BMW E82 1 series and wish it looked like a 1M? Prior Design has you covered with their 1M look body kit

    Many 1 series owners would like to get a 1M but it likely does not make sense to trade their car in and spend a bunch more money in the process. Especially considering the 1M really is just a 135i with some new body work, M3 pieces, and a slightly more aggressive tune (go ahead, flame away 1M owners but it's the truth). A better option for many rather than picking up a new car payment may be to grab this body kit, get a tune, exhaust, a limited slip differential, and look just as good and be faster than the new 1M. Definitely something to consider since that is basically what BMW did anyway.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    #1M #E821series #E821M

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The PDM1 package includes:
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB front bumper (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB side skirts (2X) (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB rear bumper (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB front fenders (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB rear widenings (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB front bonnet (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Mounting material

    The kit is for export only (outside German market).

    Pricing (with shipping rates to US) as follows:
    • $5,999 for the kit without the hood (includes front bumper, rear bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts, front fenders, rear fender flares and mesh grills)
    • $1,999 for the hood
    • $180 shipping without hood
    • $300 shipping with hood

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    The PDM1 package includes:
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB front bumper (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB side skirts (2X) (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB rear bumper (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB front fenders (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB rear widenings (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Prior-Design PDM1-WB front bonnet (fits all bmw 1-Series E82 models except 1M)
    • Mounting material

    The kit is for export only (outside German market).

    Pricing (with shipping rates to US) as follows:
    • $5,999 for the kit without the hood (includes front bumper, rear bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts, front fenders, rear fender flares and mesh grills)
    • $1,999 for the hood
    • $180 shipping without hood
    • $300 shipping with hood
    Thank you very much for this but are affiliated with Prior Design in some way?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Points
    6,792.5
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    I think it looks awesome, but not really worth the money.
    Also, the car in the pictures looks like a real 1M. Judging by the brakes at least. Those are 1M, not 135i.
    That being said, I would love to be able to use wider tires on my car.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I think it looks awesome, but not really worth the money.
    Also, the car in the pictures looks like a real 1M. Judging by the brakes at least. Those are 1M, not 135i.
    That being said, I would love to be able to use wider tires on my car.
    Exactly, getting the parts yourself will cost more than a 1M (thats exhaust, LSD, M-bits, body, paint) not to mention labor.

    Great for those that want it but its better to start at the 1M and work your way up, just my 2 cents.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, getting the parts yourself will cost more than a 1M (thats exhaust, LSD, M-bits, body, paint) not to mention labor.
    Depends.

    Do you have a used 135i? Paid off 135i? Trading a car in that's used for a new 1M won't be cheaper.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    That might actually be a 1M in the photos. The CBE won't fit just like that on the regular 1 series. Also, the 1 series vehicles, I believe, have a trunk lock on the the trunk. The 1M does not.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Points
    6,792.5
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com Click here to enlarge
    the 1 series vehicles, I believe, have a trunk lock on the the trunk
    I had to go outside to find this Click here to enlarge
    The joy of keyless. I have never ever had to open the trunk with a key.
    But you are right, on the right side under the 135i letters next to the number plate lights there is a lock for the trunk.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I had to go outside to find this Click here to enlarge
    The joy of keyless. I have never ever had to open the trunk with a key.
    But you are right, on the right side under the 135i letters next to the number plate lights there is a lock for the trunk.
    Keyless is cool when you have power.

    No power and a shut trunk, without a key slot? ... gotta "jump" the car to pop the trunk. :/ (learned from working on the 1M here at cp-e Click here to enlarge )
    Custom Performance Engineering
    www.cp-e.com
    BMW N54/N55 | Forced Induction | Direct Injection Specialists

    Supporting BMW 1M | 135i | 335i | 535i and more

    Facebook: www.facebook.com/gocpe
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/gocpe
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/CustomPerformanceEng

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Depends.

    Do you have a used 135i? Paid off 135i? Trading a car in that's used for a new 1M won't be cheaper.
    I understand for certain people that are willing to keep the car till death do them apart, it will be a great project, but just not for someone that recently bought a 135 and is wanting to go that route, that's all; to each his own, though.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I understand for certain people that are willing to keep the car till death do them apart, it will be a great project, but just not for someone that recently bought a 135 and is wanting to go that route, that's all; to each his own, though.
    If it's brand new of course not but many guys have paid off their 135's by now (at least I hope so).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thank you very much for this but are affiliated with Prior Design in some way?
    no no no, sorry.... I act first posted what was the pricing, than i found it elsewhere and just posted... kind of bummed at the cost Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    no no no, sorry.... I act first posted what was the pricing, than i found it elsewhere and just posted... kind of bummed at the cost Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for sharing the cost.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    So I'm kinda interested in this kit, maybe one day I'll grab it. Anyways, I just looked in their website and it looks like they lowered the cost to 2999,00 € which is $3854.99, not bad I would say for those interested. Here is the link: http://www.prior-design.de/bmw_1series_pdm1-wb/

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow that new price is much better, I would consider this if I had a 135, I love the 1m look
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    92.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    So I'm kinda interested in this kit, maybe one day I'll grab it. Anyways, I just looked in their website and it looks like they lowered the cost to 2999,00 € which is $3854.99, not bad I would say for those interested. Here is the link: http://www.prior-design.de/bmw_1series_pdm1-wb/
    I think you mean $4854.99

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Points
    6,792.5
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    I think you mean $4854.99
    Nope, dollar is at +/- 1.28, so $3855 is about right.
    Mind you this is without the hood.
    The hood is not mentioned in this kit.
    I is not even an option in their list anymore.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Nope, dollar is at +/- 1.28, so $3855 is about right.
    Mind you this is without the hood.
    The hood is not mentioned in this kit.
    I is not even an option in their list anymore.
    What was so different about the hood? The 1M uses the same hood as the regular 135i no?

    Edit: Forgot to mention. Does anyone know if they modified the back in order to fit 1M compatible exhausts? Or will we have to still use something like a Remus quad or Eisenmann quad?
    John 3:16


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •