Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    P.S. I can't believe you just got banned Big Tom. You just replied to my PM this morning Click here to enlarge
    I'm banned from writing in the N54 Turbo Engine-section.
    The PM-function is still working though.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    I'm banned from writing in the N54 Turbo Engine-section.
    The PM-function is still working though.
    Wow... Guess some IC vendors have complained...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I have ZERO road coarse racing experience, never even been on a road coarse...any pointers? Take a n00b class?
    I just took my racing license, first time on a real race track with the car. I quickly put the car in map2 (instead of 3 with a 45 additive). The power was more than enough (scary actually) but brakes need to be upgraded on our cars. After 10 laps they faded a lot (though some vw GTI's lost brakes after 4 laps Click here to enlarge

I assume you already done something about suspension, I was very happy with my bilstein shocks and eibach springs, AND tires, the stock bridgestones are horrible in corners. I got Michelin PS-2s and love them, there was a E46 M3 there with Pilot Spot Cups on, but the weather wasn't really in his favor I doubt he got them warm enough...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    ...but Administrator/Superman Jason refuses to respond my PM's...
    You guys support him and his business by posting there, you know that right?

You can only change their policy over there by beating them where they can't control you. Hint, I'm the Anti-Jason and he can't stop anything that goes on here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

lol at the "advanced" tech section
    Why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    the problem with E90post (now) is that they're trying to make money off it and will steer it anyway that achieves that. It is disappointing because it garners the most exposure on the net for our cars.
    You guys all have friends with these cars. Spread the word! Spray paint their cars with BimmerBoost.com across the hood.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    my advice, others may differ.. do an auto-cross first, allot of what you learn there is transferable over. lower speeds, you get to feel your car on corners, and instructors give awesome advice. most instructors there are actually race car racers, or have just been road coursing for ever.
    I understand your advice but I just wanted to share my experience with auto crossing. Waiting forever to get a run and then picking up cones all day. To hell with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    LOL Tom, stop selling those intercoolers!!

It's OK I was banned in 2007 without recourse for using "fake accounts" under the aliases of "Jon" and "Russ" which they cleverly noticed came from my office IP. I emailed in photos of Jon, and Russ, both employees, sitting at their desk, surfing E90Post, but never got a reply back. Click here to enlarge
    LoL T, you actually had your employees photographed lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You guys all have friends with these cars. Spread the word! Spray paint their cars with BimmerBoost.com across the hood.
    Better yet, key it on their drivers doors.lol
    This forum is not only informative but its also funny. Im glad everyone still get along, is it because there arent many procede users??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    Im glad everyone still get along, is it because there arent many procede users??
    Has nothing to do with Procede users. Has everything to do with a low moron to quality poster ratio. It's more of an enthusiast forum rather than a BMW rules OMG everyone hump the roundel forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I understand your advice but I just wanted to share my experience with auto crossing. Waiting forever to get a run and then picking up cones all day. To hell with that.
    lol, that's why I just said "one" or "a" autoX.. it's a bit annoying, but can be fun and a good learning experience.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    LOL Tom, stop selling those intercoolers!!

It's OK I was banned in 2007 without recourse for using "fake accounts" under the aliases of "Jon" and "Russ" which they cleverly noticed came from my office IP. I emailed in photos of Jon, and Russ, both employees, sitting at their desk, surfing E90Post, but never got a reply back. Click here to enlarge
    Not surprising as they ("Jason") are unaccountable to rational behavior. Posting the truth will get you a lifetime ban.

OT, I went with Helix as I was concerned about adding additional thermal load onto the AC condenser and undersized radiator. Texas is far different from Scandanavia.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

at this point we should probably rename the title of this thread and delete the first post Click here to enlarge think i'll be creating a new thread once some EGT data is available as this one didn't work out that well lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

at this point we should probably rename the title of this thread and delete the first post Click here to enlarge think i'll be creating a new thread once some EGT data is available as this one didn't work out that well lol
    For sure. I came to look and saw some some stuff about intercooler vendors and not being able to autocross properly.

Your EGT probes + flash tuners learning + some new info from the N54 DI engineer + E85 capable = Potentially more power from your setup!

Thanks for keepin' it real Dzenno. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You can't change their policy there only by beating them where they can't control. Hint, I'm the Anti-Jason and he can't stop anything that goes on here.
    Two things, Stinky. (Is my cat really running this forum? Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge)

You need to add a suspension and brakes forum when you can (all engine won't fly for very long).

When critical mass is achieved, you need to have vendors offer grouop buys or specials. Of course, it helps if the vendor can actually run a group buy as many cannot.

Maybe call it BimmerPerformance to appeal to NA powered BMW also. "Post" is so last Century.

Back OT. Thank you for posting actual observed data, Dzenno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Whatever, just create another one. People want to talk...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Two things, Stinky. (Is my cat really running this forum? Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge)

You need to add a suspension and brakes forum when you can (all engine won't fly for very long).

When critical mass is achieved, you need to have vendors offer grouop buys or specials. Of course, it helps if the vendor can actually run a group buy as many cannot.

Maybe call it BimmerPerformance to appeal to NA powered BMW also. "Post" is so last Century.

Back OT. Thank you for posting actual observed data, Dzenno.
    We are not about forced induction only, we are about BMW performance. "Boosting" all aspects of your BMW, not just the engine.

We have suspension, chassis, electronics, etc., sections they just aren't as popular. The 3 series section for example is where you would discuss 3 series suspension or brakes.

I have big plans for a classified/marketplace system that will put all others to shame. I just need time and money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just need time and money.
    Boy, don't we all? Good luck and keep it real.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Two things, Stinky.
    LMAO!!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Great undertaking Dzenno. Looking forward to the data as I'll most probably run the RBs with COBB as well in about two months. I also got a PROcede lying around, but am not yet sure whether to use it at all (for comparison purposes).

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Just some preliminary data that I caught off the iPhone screen...this was on cobb stage 2 aggressive (not stage 2+), boost hits 14.1-14.3psi max down low, timing to about 9-10deg up top, back to back 4th gear pulls from 3k-7k rpm...

Cruising EGT: 1000-1100F
    5 min idle EGT: 660F
    7k rpm EGT after a 4th gear pull: ramps up to 1750F

It was interesting to watch the p3 vent gauge that shows EGT from canbus as well and confirms that the temp on the canbus is truly modeled and incorrect...at idle and cruise and throttle tipin it's actually within 50-100F...however at redline after a long 4th gear pull the p3 egt was showing ~1350F while AEM's pre-turbine EGT probes showed 1700+F, so 400F off up top for the canbus provided temp...

I'll be hooking up the USB cable to the aem box so I can actually log these to my laptop when I get a chance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i think i was told the stock egt was only good to read up to about 1400.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    1750F seems incredibly high to me...954C, jeez. Aluminum's melting point is 660C. Granted, we have cast iron liners that can take it but that can't be good for the turbos, especially if that kind of EGT is sustained when tracking the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

And this is only 14psi and on a less restrictive turbine than stock, catless downpipes, stock catback and 5C ambient temps, 94 pump gas...i can only imagine the stock turbos egt would be even higher especially those with stock downpipes..

I wonder if the canbus egt is modeled against what stock EGTs would be...if stock is around 1300-1400F up top and we're raising temps to 1700+ it'll be interesting and actually says a lot about engine internals quality as they're not melting left/right...in any case, this was just a quick test, more detailed and in depth eventually...mostly wanted to see if my p3 canbus reading gauge was sufficient...

I keep coming back to the recent f10 m5 vid I saw where the lead engine designer was proudly saying they can sustain exhaust gas temps of 1050C without issues in the new F10 M5 engine which is direct injected also...maybe N54 was released as testing grounds for the new m5 lol wishful thinking I know but hey, us n54 owners always tend to feel we have something special lol
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 12-31-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1050C was the numbers they were looking to sustain with the N54 as well. The OEM manifold and turbine housing are actually made of very good materials to meet that criterial as well. Development on the new Singles will likely need to use the same or similarly performing premium materials as well ($$$$$). It will be interesting to see if it gets much hotter as you push the turbos harder and harder. Perhaps you are in a great area for making the most power though, and won't see much change as you get more aggressive with the intake pressures.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast