Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

My Tamiya Fox. I just recently bought this one and it is not resored yet, parts are a $#@! to find. I hope to have it done in the next month, I just found a new clear lexan body for it so I can get started on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do yourself a favor, stay away from traxes lol. That $#@! belongs at toys r us not a hobby shop. If you are serious about this hobby, AE, LOSI, Kyosho, durango, shumacker

Click here to enlarge
    thats my 22, absolutly love it.

Rights now I race only buggy classes as that is where top top drivers usually end up. Losi 22 is my 2wd and kyosho fs2 in my 4wd

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like you got the experience. I havent touched an RC car in at least 15 years. 15 years ago a battery car could not touch a gas powered car. Also being able to use the car at the time for longer than 5 minutes was a problem on battery where you could get 15 mins off a fuel tank and keep going and going for hours. Unless you bring 10 fully charged batteries you are going to be dissapointed quick because they run out so quick and then you have to wait for a recharge. Even then the gas powered guy just keeps going. The cars needed maintenence but it was a joke. I could completely break down and reassemble an engine in the field in 10 mins. The only time things became an issue was when something broke. We used to race in a big lot across the street from a place called Raceway Hobbies. When something broke we just ran across the street and got the part. Ahhh good times.

Like I said, its been a while, but back then gas was the only way to go when you got into the top end cars.
    Battery technology has come a long way, I can run my 8.4v 7 cell battery powered car at WOT for a good 15 minutes with a full charge.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok let'say I want a really fast and powerful on road car. I want it to look nice as well, what would you recommend?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

My Tamiya Fox. I just recently bought this one and it is not resored yet, parts are a $#@! to find. I hope to have it done in the next month, I just found a new clear lexan body for it so I can get started on it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Fox-r...item19cbf47ae9

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Do yourself a favor, stay away from traxes lol. That $#@! belongs at toys r us not a hobby shop. If you are serious about this hobby, AE, LOSI, Kyosho, durango, shumacker

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...4/IMAG0077.jpg
    thats my 22, absolutly love it.

Rights now I race only buggy classes as that is where top top drivers usually end up. Losi 22 is my 2wd and kyosho fs2 in my 4wd
    Does Schumaker even make cars anymore? I had one 20 years ago. I actually think Traxxas are better than Losi, Losi has gone down hill the past few years, I have a Losi trophy truck and it sucks, but I also have an old Losi JRX2 and it rocks. Team Associated have always been awesome, as soon as the Fox restoration is complete I am going to hunt for a vintage gold pan RC 10 to restore Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    Ok let'say I want a really fast and powerful on road car. I want it to look nice as well, what would you recommend?
    I gotta be honest, I don't own a single on road RC car so I can't give any good insight on that topic.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that car will probably end up selling for $200 but the body is not painted the correct color. I restor all of mine to match the paint on the box cover art. The Fox gold wheels are what is super hard to find they go for over $200 if they are brand new in the package. I paid $100 for a new in the box Fox body and original graphics sheet. When I get done with mine they are all mint as you can see from the photos. The Fox will be mint soo too.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does Schumaker even make cars anymore? I had one 20 years ago. I actually think Traxxas are better than Losi, Losi has gone down hill the past few years, I have a Losi trophy truck and it sucks, but I also have an old Losi JRX2 and it rocks. Team Associated have always been awesome, as soon as the Fox restoration is complete I am going to hunt for a vintage gold pan RC 10 to restore Click here to enlarge
    Think I got one somewere
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am just going to assume that you don't actually race these cars, cause that statement was inaccurate. Look up what dustin evans accomplished with the losi 22 lol. Try to find a traxes anything finish at a major event, don't waste your time, the company is intended for bashers, no performance rc cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am just going to assume that you don't actually race these cars, cause that statement was inaccurate. Look up what dustin evans accomplished with the losi 22 lol. Try to find a traxes anything finish at a major event, don't waste your time, the company is intended for bashers, no performance rc cars.
    I don't race these, I did 20 years ago and back then Losi and Associated ruled. I am sure you know a lot more about these things now days than I do but I am going to stand by my claim the the newer Losi Trophy trucks are junk. I had a bunch of problems with mine, bad wheel bearings, cracked the tub chassis right where the front control arm attaches on a very light impact and a motor problem. I guess I am more of a basher since its just me and some neigbors race them around on the street or in the field down the street but the Traxxas reign supreme as far as durability and I think that's what the OP is looking for. And for the record my brushless traxxas is lighter and faster than my brushless Losi trophy truck. I would hardly call Traxxas a Toys R Us truck, that comment was a little misleading.

BTW, your 22 buggy looks really cool, it looks fast just sitting there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that car will probably end up selling for $200 but the body is not painted the correct color. I restor all of mine to match the paint on the box cover art. The Fox gold wheels are what is super hard to find they go for over $200 if they are brand new in the package. I paid $100 for a new in the box Fox body and original graphics sheet. When I get done with mine they are all mint as you can see from the photos. The Fox will be mint soo too.
    I figured it looked good for parts if you needed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a Team Associated T3 but it just collects dust.

If I were to do it now definitely nitro for me.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't race these, I did 20 years ago and back then Losi and Associated ruled. I am sure you know a lot more about these things now days than I do but I am going to stand by my claim the the newer Losi Trophy trucks are junk. I had a bunch of problems with mine, bad wheel bearings, cracked the tub chassis right where the front control arm attaches on a very light impact and a motor problem. I guess I am more of a basher since its just me and some neigbors race them around on the street or in the field down the street but the Traxxas reign supreme as far as durability and I think that's what the OP is looking for. And for the record my brushless traxxas is lighter and faster than my brushless Losi trophy truck. I would hardly call Traxxas a Toys R Us truck, that comment was a little misleading.

BTW, your 22 buggy looks really cool, it looks fast just sitting there.
    When it comes to RC cars the only mentality I have is racing, to me driving a durable tank that won't win even when racing against children is not my cup of tea.
    Traxxas simply does not belong in the racing world, however is great for people like you who simply like to play around with them. As far as your losi truck, stopped folling short course/truck a while a go, its a beginner class, but based on your comment about the motor going out, I am going to assume you bought a RTR car, which is mistake number 1. Never buy a ready to run kit, unless you are new and have no clue what you are doing. Just like any other form of racing/fun, you gotta pay to play. That 22 was 280 bucks or so. The way it sits there and to get it running, you are looking at around a grand, but I dont have motor problems or any problems iwht it to say the least. Racing for 2 months with it now and the only thing I replaced on it so far is tires lol

my starter buggies which are long gone. lol ae b4, ae b44
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When it comes to RC cars the only mentality I have is racing, to me driving a durable tank that won't win even when racing against children is not my cup of tea.
    Yep, exactly. If you can't beat up on some small children what fun is it? This is why I have more fun at Chuck E. Cheese now than when I was a kid. I'll get a pitcher of beer and then beat the crap out of little kids in skee-ball who are having their birthday parties there. They will cry and run to their parents as I raise my fists in triumph.

I also push old ladies down stairs who aren't going fast enough as everything in life is a race. Hey, if they can't hustle down the stairs faster than me they should stay home.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys have me looking at RC cars again and I'm drooling over this:

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, exactly. If you can't beat up on some small children what fun is it? This is why I have more fun at Chuck E. Cheese now than when I was a kid. I'll get a pitcher of beer and then beat the crap out of little kids in skee-ball who are having their birthday parties there. They will cry and run to their parents as I raise my fists in triumph.

I also push old ladies down stairs who aren't going fast enough as everything in life is a race. Hey, if they can't hustle down the stairs faster than me they should stay home.
    Im guessing you never attended an rc race event? Average age is in the 30s....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Attachment 13102

My Tamiya Boomerang mid 1980s
    Throw back i had them for a while actually last time i played with was about 7 years ago thigs are fun!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn lots of good info... I need to read.

JRCART you have some sick cars, those are classic!!

Yea and most people at race events are in the high teens up to 40s just because its so competitive and expensive.

I want a basher type truck, not really to compete. I am ok with traxxas although I am partial to Losi because they make high quality stuff.

I knew lipos were dangerous and I think I am going to stay away from them until I get comfortable with what I got.

But come on, tell me this isnt sex.

Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im guessing you never attended an rc race event? Average age is in the 30s....
    I was poking fun obviously.

Yes, there used to be a hobby shop a few exits down the freeway from me and it was mostly older people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will probably get the stampede 4X4 VXL chassis and a 550 brushed motor..

I have lots of electronics I can re-use from my old battlebot.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I will probably get the stampede 4X4 VXL chassis and a 550 brushed motor..

I have lots of electronics I can re-use from my old battlebot.
    I believe the VXL comes with all the electronics, I had one and everything was included. If you buy the Sttampede do yourself a favor and purchase the aftermarket RPM brand control arms, the stock ones will crack. I also recommend upgrading to the 5000 8 Cell double hump battery, it fits right in and its the clostest thing you will find to a LiPo but its NiMH
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe the VXL comes with all the electronics, I had one and everything was included. If you buy the Sttampede do yourself a favor and purchase the aftermarket RPM brand control arms, the stock ones will crack. I also recommend upgrading to the 5000 8 Cell double hump battery, it fits right in and its the clostest thing you will find to a LiPo but its NiMH
    Oh I forgot to add I wont be buying the RTR stampede. I am getting this chassis and fitting it with my ESC and reciever that I already have. So I dont want it to include electronics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-VXL-...#ht_1679wt_907

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh I forgot to add I wont be buying the RTR stampede. I am getting this chassis and fitting it with my ESC and reciever that I already have. So I dont want it to include electronics.

Go with the brushless, trust me on this.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Depending on your goals budget. AE sc10 4x4, mid 200s, go with a 550/540 and the rx8, decent servo, 2c. Great durable car and def a racer if you go down that path later.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast