Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

cobb/jb4 runs logs and help needed

Car: E92 AT 2007 USDM, running COBB/JB4
    Mods: DCI, Completely catless stock exhaust.

So l logged starting S1 agg, even though it feels strong on the logs at 5.3K rpm boost takes a dump then goes up again, i tried S2 agg linear it happened again, i cant feel it but its there on the logs. I email cobb and they said it might be because of the JB4 the cobb is not logging correctly. So i tried logging with JB4 on map4 running S2 Aggressive no FMIC ST i got from COBB and the same thing happened, at 5k rpm or so the requested target falls. And is S2 agg timing the same as S1 agg?

Can someone check the logs below, S1, S2 , and S2 ST.

Thanks,

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Post edited to insert images inline to resize.

Somebody help him out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Post edited to insert images inline to resize.

Somebody help him out.
    cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol, wait a second.. You cry foul over a tuner not posting logs, but then your running WAY too aggressive yourself, and cant diagnose/read your own logs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i know im running aggresive i just need to know reason behind the drop in requested boost/load at 5k rpm, and that COBB has mentioned JB4 is intefering with the logs on the COBB. What does this have to do with requesting more info from OE tuner people. Coz im pretty sure if they run stock timing on their boost its going to be a lot more aggressive than this on our piss euro 98gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i would remove JB4, make your car run right on cobb only and put back jb4. Also without meth i dont see much use for jb4 besides gauges.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks enrita, i should remove and try again, even though yesterday i took my intake manifold out and did some scrubing/cleaning, i had the chance to take the JB4 out couldnt be bothered i was so tired after removing and installing the manifold.

But why would you think taking the Jb4 out running cobb then installing back the JB would help?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

The only reason to run a jb4 on top of a flash is to be able to have a form of progressive meth setup where additional boost is added with presence of meth flow.

If you're not running meth there's not much point in stacking them. Run either one or the other.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    Thanks enrita, i should remove and try again, even though yesterday i took my intake manifold out and did some scrubing/cleaning, i had the chance to take the JB4 out couldnt be bothered i was so tired after removing and installing the manifold.

But why would you think taking the Jb4 out running cobb then installing back the JB would help?
    well if you removed your manifold than you probably have a leak now thats why you have the issue.
    I say remove the jb4 to have as little as possible to troubleshoot. First get the car running right on cobb only , than reinstall the jb4 (which probably has nothing to do with the issue) .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Also that particular setup is way too aggressive for your octane/mods and I would back down right away
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks guys, those logs were taken before the manifold cleaning.
    Im going to back it down a bit and remove JB4 and see what happens then.

Cheers to all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

If you email in the CSV file I can always check it out for you. If the JB4 is on map 4 it's just along for the ride. If DMEBT is dropping suddenly perhaps you're triggering a code, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If you email in the CSV file I can always check it out for you. If the JB4 is on map 4 it's just along for the ride. If DMEBT is dropping suddenly perhaps you're triggering a code, etc.
    CSV sent thanks, no codes have been triggered. Can it be the actuator on the turbos? or Vanos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here is a few more logs, again at 5k rpm boost is dropping and WG going up and all sorts of unusual stuff.
    On all of my graphs even the aggressive ones only few cyl are dropping. Sometimes cyl 1 is happy and the rest are taking a dump, sometimes its the opposite. Its never predictable

Sticky tried to make the pics small this time.

And thanks for the input

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Here is a few more logs, again at 5k rpm boost is dropping and WG going up and all sorts of unusual stuff.
    On all of my graphs even the aggressive ones only few cyl are dropping. Sometimes cyl 1 is happy and the rest are taking a dump, sometimes its the opposite. Its never predictable

Sticky tried to make the pics small this time.

And thanks for the input

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    It's fine, edited, but you need to use attach inline for them to resize.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

EDIT: At 5.5k boost is dropping then rising after. I dont know if its the actuator or WGs, but the DMEBT is also dropping. Could be some tunning parameters on the cobb, never had this issue on JB alone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

just remove jb4, log with Cobb and send them the files...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Logs like these are why it's so important to log timing on all six cylinders.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

EDIT: At 5.5k boost is dropping then rising after. I dont know if its the actuator or WGs, but the DMEBT is also dropping. Could be some tunning parameters on the cobb, never had this issue on JB alone.
    Hi Bash sent you an email as well. It might be a simple duty cycle mapping issue in the map you are running, you can perhaps try another one, etc. Notice how duty cycle drops and then boost falls below target and never gets back up.

Also, you know this already, but the map you are running looks too aggressive for your octane/car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks T, excellent customer support as ever, i sometimes doubt its you behind that keyboad probably have set up your own bot.

Anyway, COBB have said again its not logging correctly the numbers are off and i quote " There should not be any numbers in the individual cylinder timing column" I dont get it!!!! If there are no numbers how can i know what degrees the cyl is on.

Anyway i attached csv file (zipped) for reference, if anyone can tell what is not logging properly in relation to their logs.

Thanks again.Sport s2.zip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Thanks T, excellent customer support as ever, i sometimes doubt its you behind that keyboad probably have set up your own bot.

Anyway, COBB have said again its not logging correctly the numbers are off and i quote " There should not be any numbers in the individual cylinder timing column" I dont get it!!!! If there are no numbers how can i know what degrees the cyl is on.

Anyway i attached csv file (zipped) for reference, if anyone can tell what is not logging properly in relation to their logs.

Thanks again.Sport s2.zip
    You will get faster responses posting a graphed log in addition to the zip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You will get faster responses posting a graphed log in addition to the zip.
    The graphed log will not show what COBB has said, "There should not be any numbers in the individual cylinder timing column" a look at the csv file is needed to point out what they mean no numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The graphed log will not show what COBB has said, "There should not be any numbers in the individual cylinder timing column" a look at the csv file is needed to point out what they mean no numbers.
    Gotcha, my bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Bash just remove the jb4 and log with cobb first........ When issue is resolved and car runs 100% buy meth kit and run that with jb4.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

the attached Cobb log above looks fine... not the most stable boost control, but semi-typical I guess. I don't really understand why WG PID is NOT similar to bank 1 and 2 (and WG base is very different). I would think PID should match each bank actual, but this seems to be every Cobb log I believe.

Attached is the file with graphs for viewing pleasure... nevermind, can't seem to attach the excel file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast