Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Talking Videos - Hooked on Driving Homestead HPDE 2011 12 10

Just a couple of videos, I will add more later from the view of my friends Z06. This was an awesome time and going again this Saturday 2011 12 17 Click here to enlarge

First video's kinda fun, see what happens when you run out of brakes.. fade and too far of a breaking point..

Second video, my buddy in the Z06 follows me around for a few laps, much better this time around.. Lines are smoothening out a bit.. but can't wait to get my LSD.

I have a couple of videos from my perspective.. but camera position FTL!.. I'll still post them later.

Edit: I was running the stg1 aggressive linear on these runs, performed well and not too much power..
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Much smoother in the second vid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Lines are smoothening out a bit.. but can't wait to get my LSD.
    Yes a LSD would help you thrue and out of the corners.
    Standard 135i M-tech brakes tend to fade after 2 to 3 rounds of hard circuit driving. I can tell you this from experience.
    I upgraded to Performance disks, but have not yet had a trackday to test the difference...
    Also your tire pressure tends to skyrocket due to overheating brakedisks.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Much smoother in the second vid.
    Thanks, that first one was all over the place.. I also forgot to stiffen the suspension. Second, video was a bit better, less body roll, but also more driver control .. lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Yes a LSD would help you thrue and out of the corners.
    Standard 135i M-tech brakes tend to fade after 2 to 3 rounds of hard circuit driving. I can tell you this from experience.
    I upgraded to Performance disks, but have not yet had a trackday to test the difference...
    Also your tire pressure tends to skyrocket due to overheating brakedisks.
    Thanks, I'm about to put in my Cool Carbon pads today, depending on how they do on Saturday, I may end up getting some EBC Sport Rotors..

Then by late Jan - mid Feb probably pull the trigger on the LSD.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you notice any difference in braking firmness with the stainless.brake.lines?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Did you notice any difference in braking firmness with the stainless.brake.lines?
    It's definitely better, but hard to say on the street alone.. I will have a better idea after Saturday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my new cool carbon pads are awesome! just finished bedding them in.. about 8 stops from 70-10, 80-10, 80-10, 90-10, 100-10, 110-10, 115-10, 130-10.. no fade. It's not the on/off switch the stockers were, but much smoother, ABS never even kicked in.

My stock pads were all cracked, specially the front ones and they were only put through one track day..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You would be interested in a suspension upgrade or a suspension sponsor on this site?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You would be interested in a suspension upgrade or a suspension sponsor on this site?
    Ah, already spent some $$ on KW V2s, first thing I modded 2 1/2 years ago.. Click here to enlarge.. Get them to get me a good price on an LSD and we'll talk Click here to enlarge