Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I replaced my 2nd leaking set of metal CM compression fittings with a new set of Aquamist ones, issue solved...no chance this will ever leak again, aquamist hardware FTW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I will keep you guys posted on this aquamist inline filter. I think it's a must. This has been bothering me for a while with no real filter for meth fuel line and hopefully this is the solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I finally got a chance to hook up the filter from Aquamist. The filter is pretty compact in size and looks to be a pretty solid solution to help filter the meth and prevent debris from clogging the solenoid or flow sensor and even the nozzle itself..
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Here is the pic of it installed..Notice how compact the filter is and its nothing like those bulky one like AEM has which is not even 100% methanol compatible.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

great filter, i have the aem right before the pump, i dont run 100% but will check how it looks...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    great filter, i have the aem right before the pump, i dont run 100% but will check how it looks...
    yeah I looked into the AEM filter but those damn push fittings again and the site clearly states not compatible with more than 50/50 mix. I am trying to steer clear of buying anything that has those fittings. From now on any upgrade/maintenance of meth parts will have compression fittings if it's possible!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Check my M10 nozzle filter this morning to clean it out and there was some type of gunk caked onto the mesh screen. I was surprised as the texture was slimy and tacky. Either way it's clean now but I am glad I installed that extra inline filter before all my components prior to injecting now!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Took the car out this morning to run some errands and when I jumped on the highway I hit it hard and the meth hazards light lite up as it suppose but for only a couple of seconds and then it started flickering and then went offClick here to enlarge I was like Wtf not the flow sensor again!! I got home and checked all the lines and wiring and everything seemed fine. No leaks or anything so I was puzzled, then I checked the tank in the trunk and it was practically empty. Thank god. Filled it back up this time with 100% meth instead of my usual 80/20 mix and went back out to test and flow was steady againClick here to enlarge So far the 80/20 mix, the AM sensor is holding up perfectly, I will keep you guys posted on how the sensor holds up with pure meth. It will be soaking in the flow sensor for a while since I drive it maybe once a week since weather has been cold. This will be a true test. My Labonte crap sensor as soon as I increased meth content to 80/20 and let it sit for a while was when the sensor started going south on me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Took the car out this morning to run some errands and when I jumped on the highway I hit it hard and the meth hazards light lite up as it suppose but for only a couple of seconds and then it started flickering and then went offClick here to enlarge I was like Wtf not the flow sensor again!! I got home and checked all the lines and wiring and everything seemed fine. No leaks or anything so I was puzzled, then I checked the tank in the trunk and it was practically empty. Thank god. Filled it back up this time with 100% meth instead of my usual 80/20 mix and went back out to test and flow was steady againClick here to enlarge So far the 80/20 mix, the AM sensor is holding up perfectly, I will keep you guys posted on how the sensor holds up with pure meth. It will be soaking in the flow sensor for a while since I drive it maybe once a week since weather has been cold. This will be a true test. My Labonte crap sensor as soon as I increased meth content to 80/20 and let it sit for a while was when the sensor started going south on me.
    The Aquamist sensor is completely insensitive to methanol concentration. Run 100% for years and it will still work. The only thing you want to be careful with is foreign particle contamination. But that's the purpose of the in-line filter.

Shiv

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345