Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Dinan Stage 2 Dyno Numbers

Nice to see some independent numbers for Dinan products. Dinan never posts dyno figures so it is a bit of pain to figure out what you are actually getting for your money.

In this case, you aren't getting much. This is a Dinan Stage 2 with their intake vs. stock on a Mustang dyno:

Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Pretty sad, ohh well, I guess you pay for warranty. Its a prety good business model for Dinan considering there is no way the internals in the car will blow as a result of this incredibley conservative tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sad, ohh well, I guess you pay for warranty. Its a prety good business model for Dinan considering there is no way the internals in the car will blow as a result of this incredibley conservative tune.
    I guess it sells and some people swear by Dinan. Amazing how people can be bought off by marketing.

I had a friend who only got Dinan parts for his M5 and ranted and raved about the quality, until I smoked him.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These are my dyno results. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have about them, but I can say that the car was definitely getting too hot during the dyno pulls. Based on people I've talked to by Private Messages on the other site, I'm expecting 20+ more whp with the Intercooler simply because my fuel mixtures were probably becoming super conservative on the dyno to protect the engine. In fact, the guy who did the pulls said by the third run, the power had decreased by 26 rwhp and my car was asking to be driven more moderately.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get the Dinan Intercooler, and then I'm getting the Oil Cooler and Stage 3 in a few weeks. I've been advised not to go back to that location to dyno for various reasons, so I'll take it to Bavarian Hypersports to try out their Dynojet between adding the Intercooler and Stage 3 and then again after Stage 3.

Anyway, I'll post the numbers and you guys can decide for yourself what you think, but I wouldn't trust this particular graph to be an accurate reflection of a typical Dinan Stage 2 power curve. I've ridden in a 280 rwhp e46 M3 and my car feels a good bit faster -- of course I guess it could just be the torque talking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

What was the temp when this was dyno'd?

Definitely the right move going to a dynojet. I look forward to your updates and welcome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What was the temp when this was dyno'd?

Definitely the right move going to a dynojet. I look forward to your updates and welcome!
    Thanks! The temperature was 90+ degrees (92 I think) with 49 percent humidity and it was done inside a hot shop. The baseline readings were done in 70ish degree weather with far less humidity 10 or so days earlier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nirvanayoda Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! The temperature was 90+ degrees (92 I think) with 49 percent humidity and it was done inside a hot shop. The baseline readings were done in 70ish degree weather with far less humidity 10 or so days earlier.
    I see, that will definitely impact the difference.

You won't have a dynojet baseline to compare though, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see, that will definitely impact the difference.

You won't have a dynojet baseline to compare though, correct?
    Unfortunately, no. I'll do 2 dynojet runs -- (1) with Stage 2, Dinan Intake, and Intercooler; and (2) with Stage 3 (Flash + IC + OC) and Intake. We'll get a general idea, though. The guy who has the Mustang Dyno said that Dynojets generally read 15% higher than his Mustang, so that's something to go off of. It's unfortunate that I didn't go to a Dynojet in the first place, though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Unfortunately, no. I'll do 2 dynojet runs -- (1) with Stage 2, Dinan Intake, and Intercooler; and (2) with Stage 3 (Flash + IC + OC) and Intake. We'll get a general idea, though. The guy who has the Mustang Dyno said that Dynojets generally read 15% higher than his Mustang, so that's something to go off of. It's unfortunate that I didn't go to a Dynojet in the first place, though.
    Try to coordinate your Stage 2 and Stage 3 comparison with me. I would like to feature it as a front page article if you would not mind.

If you would be willing to take some pics of the parts I could write up some documentation and we could possibly contribute a nice article for the N54 guys regarding the Dinan parts.

It is unfortunate you did not go to a dynojet first, but no big deal. Can't always be perfect Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try to coordinate your Stage 2 and Stage 3 comparison with me. I would like to feature it as a front page article if you would not mind.

If you would be willing to take some pics of the parts I could write up some documentation and we could possibly contribute a nice article for the N54 guys regarding the Dinan parts.

It is unfortunate you did not go to a dynojet first, but no big deal. Can't always be perfect Click here to enlarge
    Sure, I'd be honored to help out (as long as it doesn't involve anything that could risk the Dinan warranty, like run a 1/4 at the track or something). I'll take whatever pictures you need and coordinate with you if you'd like.

Right now I'm just Stage 2 plus Intake. As of tomorrow I'll be Stage 2, Intake, and Intercooler. It'll be a couple more weeks before I'm Stage 3. What do you need me to do in the meantime?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sure, I'd be honored to help out (as long as it doesn't involve anything that could risk the Dinan warranty, like run a 1/4 at the track or something). I'll take whatever pictures you need and coordinate with you if you'd like.

Right now I'm just Stage 2 plus Intake. As of tomorrow I'll be Stage 2, Intake, and Intercooler. It'll be a couple more weeks before I'm Stage 3. What do you need me to do in the meantime?
    No no, I just meant documenting what you were already planning on doing Click here to enlarge

All you need to do is get pics of all the parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

thats always something that has bugged the hell out of me w Dinan. You buy their overpriced parts which underperform and they void your warranty if you actually want to enjoy them legally. bull$#@!.
    Click here to enlarge