Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Cobb is a great product no doubt, I took their EFI courses in 2005, I owned an APV1 in 2005 on my WRX before then I had an ancient AccessECU. I actually just put in an order for their ProTuner software as well.

Just showing what we did, on my personal car and how it compared to a bolted 335i on the same dyno. An underacheiver if you will.

Sometimes I forget anything posted in the N54 section requires a flame suit.
    So if you took tuning classes you should realize a couple things right off the bat.
    What you showed makes zero sense.
    Saying timing is hidden is a joke
    Saying vanos is hidden is another joke
    Making this thread a _____ I will let other fill in the blank lines.

Anybody with this tune in the new jersey area?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This will be demonstrated in the run file.
    ok looking forward to it and as much disclosure as you see fit without falling into the deceitful bucket...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    So if you took tuning classes you should realize a couple things right off the bat.
    What you showed makes zero sense.
    Saying timing is hidden is a joke
    Saying vanos is hidden is another joke
    Making this thread a _____ I will let other fill in the blank lines.

Anybody with this tune in the new jersey area?
    I never said either - I said BT doesn't show the whole picture, sir. Of course the PID's will show you a trend, curve, and try to R/E it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I never said either - I said BT doesn't show the whole picture, sir. Of course the PID's will show you a trend, curve, and try to R/E it.
    LOL man I am simply not sure if you are just that unfamiliar with this platform or if you are a parrot.
    A BT tool will not R/E a flash tune, it will give you the ability to log the car, u know something that a real tune gives the end user the ability to do. Rever eng. a tune requires downloading and reading the map to see how it was designed, not logging a car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    ok looking forward to it and as much disclosure as you see fit without falling into the deceitful bucket...
    How's this? My apologies it peak 19PSI, and made 411wtq not 422. My comment was based on between 5200 and 6500 the STG1 OE car is actually a bit stronger and builds up to redline. More so then the Cobb. Even 100% stock otherwise then the bolted Cobb car with nearly 15psi at redline. Anyone can observe it. Food for thought - otherwise I'm not interested in flaming back and forth today. Just an observation made while testing.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by BrenM3; 12-08-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I also want to know why an increased rev limiter is mentioned or important for an automatic. These things automatically upshift around 6800 rpm even in manual mode.

Now if you hacked into and reprogrammed the TCU that's another story and I would pay you guys for some 6AT reprogramming. I find this highly unlikely though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL man I am simply not sure if you are just that unfamiliar with this platform or if you are a parrot.
    A BT tool will not R/E a flash tune, it will give you the ability to log the car, u know something that a real tune gives the end user the ability to do. Rever eng. a tune requires downloading and reading the map to see how it was designed, not logging a car
    This was in response to Dzennos comment of I can log it. YES you are saying exactly what I'm saying of course you can read timing out to assume you know what peak torque to redline looks like but without reading the car out and understanding the correlation between the tables, corrections per cylinder, additives, and adaptations of that particular file you will never see the WHOLE picture - thanks for clarifying my point for me.

Maybe I'm not explaining this clear enough here or you are just trying to be difficult. I am leaning towards the second idea. But keep twisting and responding to this thread in which ever way you see fit. I have answered the necessary questions and posted the Cobb file as promised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I also want to know why an increased rev limiter is mentioned or important for an automatic. These things automatically upshift around 6800 rpm even in manual mode.

Now if you hacked into and reprogrammed the TCU that's another story and I would pay you guys for some 6AT reprogramming. I find this highly unlikely though.
    6MT cars, as you mentioned there is no real benefits on this particular car.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was in response to Dzennos comment of I can log it. YES you are saying exactly what I'm saying of course you can read timing out to assume you know what peak torque to redline looks like but without reading the car out and understanding the correlation between the tables, corrections per cylinder, additives, and adaptations of that particular file you will never see the WHOLE picture - thanks for clarifying my point for me.

Maybe I'm not explaining this clear enough here or you are just trying to be difficult. I am leaning towards the second idea. But keep twisting and responding to this thread in which ever way you see fit. I have answered the necessary questions and posted the Cobb file as promised.
    I am not trying to twist anything, I am simply replying to your posts. Your brought up that information will not be released so the tune won't get copied, those who know, simply laughed at you. You can try back tracking anyway you like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not trying to twist anything, I am simply replying to your posts. Your brought up that information will not be released so the tune won't get copied, those who know, simply laughed at you. You can try back tracking anyway you like.
    When ATR is released you will then figure out what I'm getting at. But thanks for your insight and comments and criticism.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When ATR is released you will then figure out what I'm getting at. But thanks for your insight and comments and criticism.
    That was actually funny, but thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please, the boost/fuel/timing/vanos targets Cobb uses are common knowledge and once ATR comes out it will be fully open source. You're not going to garner too many fans with your "proprietary" tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sorry but those are the most worthless graphs I've ever seen.
    Refusing to release information about the most basic things about the tune is ridiculous.
    If your car is making more power up top than a Stage 2+ without FBO then I'd strongly recommend posting some logs, because I can't see how it can run that aggressive on those mods.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    If your car is making more power up top than a Stage 2+ without FBO then I'd strongly recommend posting some logs, because I can't see how it can run that aggressive on those mods.
    Isn't this a custom dyno tune vs. Cobb's canned flash? Why couldn't it be more aggressive?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Isn't this a custom dyno tune vs. Cobb's canned flash? Why couldn't it be more aggressive?
    I think Bren said once they get a fbo car on their dyno they will make a map for it. They way it sounds is that this is a generic v3 stage 1 flash

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OE really hates those DCI's dont they Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

If you're gonna claim you made 365 whp on just 13.5 psi you better have some way to back it up, dyno graphs aren't enough. This is why you'll get flamed, anyone can post a dyno graph, remember unfors 10 second 335 that cuts 1.5 60 foots and dynos 660 whp? Welcome to the interwebz.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    remember unfors 10 second 335 that cuts 1.5 60 foots and dynos 660 whp? Welcome to the interwebz.
    Bren has a bit more credibility than Unfor.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bren has a bit more credibility than Unfor.
    Lol oe however doesnt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow 365 at 13.5....I want, I want...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol oe however doesnt
    Ya, I'm going to take your opinion over my personal experience with them... right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Wow 365 at 13.5....I want, I want...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    You guys know that isn't a dynojet, right?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Ya, I'm going to take your opinion over my personal experience with them... right.
    There lies your problem personal opinion vs fact
    On with the neg reps. You guys can do better then that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this correct?

Mustang (lowest)
    Dynapack (middle of the road)
    Dynojet (highest)

I will be very interested in this tune if it's making ~367hp/tq tune only, no mods, with only 13.5 psi.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast