Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Not sure about what your mods where for the slips you posted but both my pump and race gas maps matched up perfect. By perfect I mean I was with .1 mph on each map to the actual time slip.
    Yeah, I hope its accurate. Your 1/8 mile is off when comparing the 2 that would lead me to believe 1/4 trap should be lower.

I'm 91oct FBO meth (stock exhaust w/ gutted cats), but running conservative (15.5psi mid / 14 at 6k / 13 at 6.5k), and I short shifted every gear. Like I said, I really hope its accurate!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As long as you calibrated correctly and the device was secure it should be accurate. As my eight i think it might have been mid shift point or the mph at during the 1/8th at atco reads wrong. With your mods and meth I would actually expect 115-117 traps.

But like i said both my pump gas and race maps trapped exactly to what my time slips said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No no I think it sucks because i keep hearing about horrible software, files not being recorded and just a pita to use. You can get alot of fancy electronic devices for 500 dollars including a pretty good laptop but they can't even seem to figure out a gps unit. Another company needs to step in and take charge here.

Tell you what, offical records setting runs aside, download that free pocket dyno software and do a run recording with both, just for $#@!s and giggles.
    I haven't had an issue with files not being recorded. My only problem is the software isn't user friendly, there's a learning curve. I got the hang of the software for the most part now. The vbox itself however is consistently accurate run after run. Compared to a "fair" track the trap speeds read 1 mph high though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I haven't had an issue with files not being recorded. My only problem is the software isn't user friendly, there's a learning curve. I got the hang of the software for the most part now. The vbox itself however is consistently accurate run after run. Compared to a "fair" track the trap speeds read 1 mph high though.
    great, you have an iphone, do a simple run logging with both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great, you have an iphone, do a simple run logging with both.
    Yeah not hard to do. Next time I go out for testing I'll try it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    sweet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    +1 the pc software sucks but the device itself is legit. Laloosh thinks it sucks since he's never used it heh.
    I never bother recording the runs, but I hear the software sucks. In terms of ease of use it could not be any easier. No need to stage, etc. Just stop the car and it starts the run when you move.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I never bother recording the runs, but I hear the software sucks. In terms of ease of use it could not be any easier. No need to stage, etc. Just stop the car and it starts the run when you move.
    Yea using the box is easy. Click reset and start moving! Viewing and graphing logs, eh I figured it out but it's not idiot proof. Nubs would get flustered and curse at it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

I find it very useful when tuning to test something I can do safely on the highway. Like 40-80mph, etc, and the VBOX makes that very easy to setup on the fly. Don't know what I'd do without it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I find it very useful when tuning to test something I can do safely on the highway. Like 40-80mph, etc, and the VBOX makes that very easy to setup on the fly. Don't know what I'd do without it. Click here to enlarge
    Great idea! I should input something like 60-110 to test the impact of timing flatline on acceleration after a 3-4 shift.

Under 6500 rpm at WOT = flatline. Over 6500 = full advance.

My vbox pulls show I lose 0.3 in the 60-130 with a timing flatline. Would be much easier to test 60-110 though. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

60-90 are my personal favorite Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123