Close

Thread: 02 sensors?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

02 sensors?

Are our 02 sensors wideband 0-5v. If so what ECU wire pin would read this output?

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Found my answer:They are on the small black subconnector. Pin 19 and 20. They are yellow/white wires..
    Does anyone know the voltage...is it 0-5v??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reason why I want to know is that I can purchase a dyno tune lean run cut off for cheap. The instructions says I can hook it up to o2 sensors that use 01 to 5 volts. Can someone help me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Found my answer:They are on the small black subconnector. Pin 19 and 20. They are yellow/white wires..
    Does anyone know the voltage...is it 0-5v??
    Let's if @Terry@BMS can help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Replied to same thread on n54tech. Too lazy to find/copy answer. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Replied to same thread on n54tech. Too lazy to find/copy answer. Click here to enlarge
    You the man Terry!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Based upon Terry's response I cannot used the Dyno tune lean run cut off! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Too lazy to find/copy answer.
    I'm not:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
    The primary widebands are on pins 6/7 and current based, can't be read by most devices. The rear o2 sensors are narrow band and on 19/20, 0-1v, and are not reliable for determining the air/fuel ratios.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Horrible that I cant use the Dyno tune lean cut off as it requires a 0-5volts...Thanks guys for the help

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The N54 WB O2 sensor produces a non-linear DC current that is proportional to the lambda value. The lambda value represents the AFR value where lambda 1.0 is AFR 14.7:1, which is the stoichiometric value for gasoline. The sensor output is about -2 mA to +1.5 mA for AFR 10 to 20:1. A lambda value of 1.0 (0 mA from the sensor) is the target for low-load closed looped situations where gasoline is supposed to burn as efficient as possible and thus produce low emissions. BTW, the N54 fuel control is always closed loop except during the engine warm up phase. The ECU and the tune use other targets (e.g. 12.5 to 1) in high load situations to let the engine make good power and even lower AFR for protection in exreme situations. This is just some general information. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't read the thread on n54tech and I'm not an expert in this.

The question I have to the tuners is - will a rich mixture of meth and water influence the actual reading from the O2 sensor (methanol has a much lower stoich value than gasoline and the O2 sensor is calibrated for gasoline) to the degree that it needs to be taken in account for or not when choosing AFR targets? In case the engine is sprayed with e.g. 1000 ml/minute methanol I guess this may be in the same region as the basic fuel consumption at WOT, i.e. a 50/50 mix of meth and gasoline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think I got it. The lambda value defines the degree of remaining oxygen in the exhaust fumes and this principle is the same and independent of type of fuel. Since the N54 is always working in closed mode, the same lambda values can basically be used for any combination of meth/gas as with gas only. This mean the actual AFR is lower with meth but we don't care about that since we converts the lambda value as if it was fuel only and use this AFR.
    Last edited by R1000K3; 12-03-2011 at 06:42 AM.