Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Kalis claiming he ran 11.1@132 in his supercharged E39 M5

I find this a little odd @kalis. Not saying it did not happen but he has no slip of the 11.1 run. Isn't it a little odd to be making a claim like that with no slip? Who doesn't hold on to a world record slip? He posted a 11.4@131 on it. I would like to see the whole thing so DA could be calculated as well as where and when this was run.

Just seems odd this is the first we are hearing of this:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kalis
    Truth be told...

You guys have a long way to go to beat the E39 M5 record.

The Blue Twin has gone 11.1@132 a couple years ago. I have a slip of 11.4 @ 131 i'll post up. She broke the drive shaft that day. Actually the carrier bearing twisted and blew apart the U joint mid second gear. Smacked the undercarriage and blew 6 airbags out of the car. 10k for new interior. So pull the airbag fuse when you go to the drag strip... just in case. lol.

I like the idea of the updated tensioner... i did however prefer the secondary injectors and MAFS being used. All the factory fail safes were still there. You would have to deal with SES lights from time to time... but they were just bogus and easily cleared.

Remember the Blue twin was dyno'd MANY times in front of MANY people at numbers ranging from 660-690 rwhp. And that was only seeing 8-10lbs of boost. On 93 oct.

If the Blue Twin is getting these new updates... and you want to run 14lbs of boost... by all means she can take it. She was built to handle 18lbs.. but at the time the T-Trim was the biggest blower. At 10 lbs she is about maxed out. So with the new set up on her.... you better change out the SC'r.

Im curious as to how this will turn out.....
    I'm curious as to whether we will get more details...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Bump on this....