Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PC TUNE VS GINTANI TUNE...

What are pros/cons of the respective tunes?

I am going w/a PC tune but was curious if any1 has had both tunes or drove an NA s65 m3 w/the aforementioned tune?

My mods are rpi scoops, bmc filter, akra midsection and aa exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Well, this is going to open a can of worms...

The tunes are both actually going to be similar. Powerchip has great software and a wider installed base. You made a good choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, this is going to open a can of worms...

The tunes are both actually going to be similar. Powerchip has great software and a wider installed base. You made a good choice.
    my bad sticky, that wasnt my intention...not looking 2 start trouble...

I just wanted to kno people's take on this...just trying 2 have a back-up plan just in case...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by disruptv Click here to enlarge
    my bad sticky, that wasnt my intention...not looking 2 start trouble...

I just wanted to kno people's take on this...just trying 2 have a back-up plan just in case...
    Oh I know it wasn't your intention, did not mean to imply that.

Getting as much info as you can is smart, basically, they are both similar tunes. Powerchip has been testing some really good stuff to take the tuning to the next level. Basically, you can't go wrong with either and will be happy with either but I think you made the right choice for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'll bite.

PC's tuner who wrote all those successful M3 maps everyone raved about NO LONGER works there. So PC has his leftovers but NONE of his custom tuning ability or his current updates that make alot more power.

The Gintani maps are further developed and now offered full V3 VANOS tuning that are providing 10-15whp gains over the PC maps developed with the previous tuner.

In fact here is a powerchip custom tune overlayed with a new gintani v3

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by BrenM3; 05-16-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I'll bite.

PC's tuner who wrote all those successful M3 maps everyone raved about and NO LONGER works there. So PC has his leftovers but NONE of his custom tuning ability or his current updates that make alot more power.

The Gintani maps are further developed and now offered full V3 VANOS tuning that are providing 10-15whp gains over the PC maps developed with the previous tuner.

And it begins... Click here to enlarge

Good info in here, I'm not going to step on anyones toes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

WoW what a difference with the V3 tune!
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    WoW what a difference with the V3 tune!
    Keep in mind Gintani does not sell Powerchip...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

OE Tuning FTW! Get it done at Gintani!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Powerchip guys do not speak highly of this "Jeremy" guy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr. Bails Click here to enlarge
    Powerchip guys do not speak highly of this "Jeremy" guy
    Why do you say that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

So, slandering a previous employee who single handily reverse engineered the S65 DME and got them popular into the Socal E92 M3 market? How professional!

Maybe they can send their college intern for a custom tuning session vs. Jeremy?

I've always been taught in business he who pulls the "talk bad about the employee" card, doesn't have enough cards in their deck. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

So, slandering a previous employee who single handily reverse engineered the S65 DME and got them popular into the Socal E92 M3 market? How professional!

Maybe they can send their college intern for a custom tuning session vs. Jeremy?

I've always been taught in business he who pulls the "talk bad about the employee" card, doesn't have enough cards in their deck. Click here to enlarge
    Matt is a stand-up guy and has always been a complete professional when dealing with me. A lot fell on his shoulders and he is managing to push forward with a hefty load. To my knowledge, he hasn't slandered anyone and we should not jump on him due to a single, unsubstantiated, forum post. Powerchip has been very supportive of BB, and that is due to Matt and Mike.

Jeremy has also been extremely supportive and has also always treated me well and done excellent work. As far as I am concerned, I would recommend both of them with full confidence as I have had great experiences with both.

It seems the cat is out of the bag so to speak regarding the split and it is unfortunate this industry is the way it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I did not have Matt in mind when I made that comment.

There's ALOT of drama out there, and those who wish to avoid an uber bombshell to drop on the internet I think should avoid these types of "VS." conversations. As it will not be pretty. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I did not have Matt in mind when I made that comment.

There's ALOT of drama out there, and those who wish to avoid an uber bombshell to drop on the internet I think should avoid these types of "VS." conversations. As it will not be pretty. Click here to enlarge
    There is only one other person you could have in mind then... Click here to enlarge

Oh ya, tons of drama. I believe I know the bombshell you are referring to and that is exactly why I stated in the beginning, "Well, this is going to open a can of worms." Not due to the desire of the OP to know the pros and cons, but due to where the conversation will inevitably lead when those "in the know" start dropping their info.

Either way, Powerchip, Jeremy, Gintani, are good S65 tuning options. We'll see where this goes, a lot of drama is an understatement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

It's not the other person you listed either. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Jeremy is a real stand up guy and definitely a top notch tuner. I've watched him tune many cars and all sorts.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

It's not the other person you listed either. Click here to enlarge
    Ok, well then only two left. Either the big guy himself or the one who ran away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll bite.

PC's tuner who wrote all those successful M3 maps everyone raved about NO LONGER works there. So PC has his leftovers but NONE of his custom tuning ability or his current updates that make alot more power.

Click here to enlarge
    So the guy that single handedly reverse engineered the S65 DME for powerchip and made their tunes went to gintani and put down a PC tune, then overlayed it with his new tune and that is somehow supposed to indicate that we don't know how to tune? Considering the following dynos I posted being PC tunes done at Gintani, I'd say that dyno graph is pretty misleading.

I'm confused...Wasn't the guy who single handedly reverse engineered the S65 DME the guy who caused all those limp mode issues that PC has had to clean up? I'm still fixing his mess and re-tuning customers for free because of his excellent "reverse engineering." And I'm happy to fix their cars for free because they were promised a product and post sale service and I intend on fixing every last problem that has ever been caused within my realm of control because that's what having integrity and honesty makes me do. I liked Jeremy on a personal level, we went to lunch everyday but responsibility and character go a long way and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Anyone looking to tune their M3 is in for a treat because the truth is there is untapped power in the car and regardless of who tunes it, you will most likely feel a difference that would make your commute to and from work or school that much more enjoyable Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Thank you for your response Matt.

Would you mind re-attaching the images in a larger size?

Edit: Images fixed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Matt

That graph was a previous J tuned custom tune with new V3 logic that was developed in house. It is just showing the advancements that are being made since moving on. Look at the customers impression if you wish. That was the point of this thread, wasn't it?

***edited for hurting feelings
    Last edited by BrenM3; 05-18-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Matt, I'm also curious what the point of those graphs were???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Matt

That graph was a previous J tuned custom tune with new V3 logic that was developed in house. It is just showing the advancements that are being made since moving on. Look at the customers impression if you wish. That was the point of this thread, wasn't it?

***edited for hurting feelings
    The graphs are PC tunes done @ gintani, they were on our server records before the "switch."

Assumptions can be made about run conditions and the quality/time put into the first tune but I don't want to get in to it. These types of threads don't lead to anything productive for anyone so I'm not going to get into a D#$% measuring contest. I have respect for Alex at Gintani and I'm tired of having to defend myself on a new thread every week. We have THOUSANDS of happy customers and our custsomer service and quality has gone up since J left here. Not saying there's a correlation but since I've been in charge Powerchip has been on top of things and I will keep it that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    The graphs are PC tunes done @ gintani, they were on our server records before the "switch."

Assumptions can be made about run conditions and the quality/time put into the first tune but I don't want to get in to it. These types of threads don't lead to anything productive for anyone so I'm not going to get into a D#$% measuring contest. I have respect for Alex at Gintani and I'm tired of having to defend myself on a new thread every week. We have THOUSANDS of happy customers and our custsomer service and quality has gone up since J left here. Not saying there's a correlation but since I've been in charge Powerchip has been on top of things and I will keep it that way.
    Everyone stop bagging on each other. At the end of the day, as it has been clearly stated before, you will unleash hidden power in your car by getting a tune.
    Powerchip and Gintani have both done very well; and all this controversy seems to have been started by forum members turning a "review" into a penis measuring contest in which their specific tuner is the best.

Also, each engine is marginally different in terms of specific power output, so keep that in mind when you compare graphs.
    In my experience with N54 tuning, some bone stock cars have been putting numbers of around 30whp+ over other bone stock cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Everyone stop bagging on each other. At the end of the day, as it has been clearly stated before, you will unleash hidden power in your car by getting a tune.
    Powerchip and Gintani have both done very well; and all this controversy seems to have been started by forum members turning a "review" into a penis measuring contest in which their specific tuner is the best.

Also, each engine is marginally different in terms of specific power output, so keep that in mind when you compare graphs.
    In my experience with N54 tuning, some bone stock cars have been putting numbers of around 30whp+ over other bone stock cars.
    Exactly and well said.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast