Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

MT trannies can definitely take it given a good clutch...the only option proven so far somewhat on RB turbos is the ACT clutch so far...i'm replacing mine with the HPF Stage 2 feramic next week so we'll see how that goes
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    MT trannies can definitely take it given a good clutch...the only option proven so far somewhat on RB turbos is the ACT clutch so far...i'm replacing mine with the HPF Stage 2 feramic next week so we'll see how that goes
    Def looking forward to what you think of that, and how it drives. If this drives like stock (a bit worse is ok too), then I'll jump on it, when publicly available.. it's all up to you Click here to enlarge
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

if you know the guys, at a regular shop (not some high end bull$#@! where they think they got the world by the balls) a clutch install on the N54 shouldn't be more than $350, not including parts...
    Exactly!
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Def looking forward to what you think of that, and how it drives. If this drives like stock (a bit worse is ok too), then I'll jump on it, when publicly available.. it's all up to you Click here to enlarge
    i've gone through stock, cm fx400 w/ their alum flywheel, ACT street and next will be HPF stg2 feramic...ACT so far is the $#@! and for stock turbos it's the one to run no doubt...as you go 21psi on RBs it starts to slip in 6th gear down low Click here to enlarge it still has life in it and i'm a bit reluctant to pull it out just yet but i think my rear main seal is leaking and need to get that fixed anyway...just glad i can do this over winter when the car is in full maintenance mode Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i've gone through stock, cm fx400 w/ their alum flywheel, ACT street and next will be HPF stg2 feramic...ACT so far is the $#@! and for stock turbos it's the one to run no doubt...as you go 21psi on RBs it starts to slip in 6th gear down low Click here to enlarge it still has life in it and i'm a bit reluctant to pull it out just yet but i think my rear main seal is leaking and need to get that fixed anyway...just glad i can do this over winter when the car is in full maintenance mode Click here to enlarge
    Our winters are pretty much fall for you guys.. so I get to play and be on performance summers all year long Click here to enlarge.. Good to hear the ACT's kept up with the RBs, specially with all the "driving" you put it through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Our winters are pretty much fall for you guys.. so I get to play and be on performance summers all year long Click here to enlarge.. Good to hear the ACT's kept up with the RBs, specially with all the "driving" you put it through.
    hehehe ya, "driving", exactly Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

how much $$ you have in parts and labor for your clutch's?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12