Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    On fueling between flash and piggy, originally I thought that higher pressure, lower IDC would mean more fuel required to the rail, even though fuel consumption is the same. I don’t know fluid dynamics, but this could be incorrect… especially since trims would be positive and IDC is supplementing the additional requirements. So maybe the actual ceilings are similar.
    Analogy would be a garden hose with lower pressure, larger nozzle compared with higher pressure, smaller nozzle.

Any idea of the pressure increase by a piggy. I think i've seen like 1/2 volt over stock, but I'm not sure. Is it about 500psi per volt?

Lalooshypo has lost his virginity…Click here to enlarge Attachment 11905
    Not sure how the voltage maps over to psi...i've read in the N54 docs that the highest HPFP pressure is 2900psi (200mbar) and that's what I've also seen in cobb logs when I asked Rob once to max out the fuel pressure for me just to see how it'd affect AFR/fueling and how the car would behave...the car just adapted it out and closed injector duty cycle to meet AFR targets naturally...you may/may not be right on the fuel limitation, the analogy does make sense to a point...

Almighty Shiv has claimed many times that around 480whp is about the power level where the stock fuel system will be starting to see its limitations...i gather that's what he's seen while tuning that ASR 135i, his own 335i with ASR turbos and a few other RB cars including mine...on mine he pulled off 496whp though (uncorrected) at ~18.5-19psi@6k rpm, well at least on the runs where it didn't miserably misfire
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Damn.....now you all made me have to log on to that $#@! forum to read this bs....bah
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Since I'm unbanned there with a threat for a permaban if I fight shiv, I'll post all my cool data here. If anyone wants hard data and discussion, they can come here for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hmmm...hard to be nice...pretty sure it will get deleted but at least i tried.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Since I'm unbanned there with a threat for a permaban if I fight shiv, I'll post all my cool data here. If anyone wants hard data and discussion, they can come here for it.
    Thought we already did Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    On fueling between flash and piggy, originally I thought that higher pressure, lower IDC would mean more fuel required to the rail, even though fuel consumption is the same. I don’t know fluid dynamics, but this could be incorrect… especially since trims would be positive and IDC is supplementing the additional requirements. So maybe the actual ceilings are similar.
    Analogy would be a garden hose with lower pressure, larger nozzle compared with higher pressure, smaller nozzle.

Any idea of the pressure increase by a piggy. I think i've seen like 1/2 volt over stock, but I'm not sure. Is it about 500psi per volt?

Lalooshypo has lost his virginity…Click here to enlarge Attachment 11905
    It's possible the high pressure pump moves less volume at higher pressures as electric pumps do but I don't believe that is the case. Dzenno should just hit up the dyno with a 21psi map and monitor his high and low fuel pressure so we know the answer. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm...hard to be nice...pretty sure it will get deleted but at least i tried.

Thought we already did http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif
    LOL we come here as an outlet to discuss tuning issues and bash Shiv at the same time. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

honestly i still try for the "noobs who happened to buy a procede"s sake. Any of those guys still going all crazy fanboy over there (yet accusing all us JB4 users of doing the same) deserve shiv....the results speak for themselves....

still not...hold on.......... nope......still not seeing any much in the way of procedes in the top lists. About 2 that aren't shiv in the first 2-3 pages on drag times. Oh wait, it costs more, it must be better.

Click here to enlarge

hope that was legal bashing....if its true its good to go right? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FastBimmerN54
    Its an Air fuel graph of a 4th gear pull from 3 different tunes with similar modifications. What do you want a log of? boost? Ignition? Like it matters? Cause it wont. If you think so then you dont understand anything about tuning.
    All you guys want is more data so you can knit pick every detail, why? Cause thats all you guys do.... bicker about the details.
    How does your car run? If it runs great then who cares about some dumb air fuel graph
    This pretty much sums up that thread right there Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, i tried a non-confrontational approach to point out that useful information was missing, the whole thing was a moot point, and that its shiv doing more marketing. But that got the expected results, so I just got the $#@! out and unsubscribed the thread.
    Agreed! He conveniently avoids my questions as well. Sad part about all this is that there are a lot of new comers to the N54 game as those cars are becoming cheaper and cheaper to buy second hand.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Those bans are a total joke! ...not only because they are done for stupid reasons, but mostly because they can be EASILY circumvented with a little knowledge. Yeah, they can ban a specific username, but they have absolutely no way of stopping anyone to reappear on the forum.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Lol I put that post in my sig over there. What a dolt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

OMG that's the stupid and funniest $#@! i've read on the N54 forums IN HISTORY of the N54 forums!! lol omg!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Those bans are a total joke! ...not only because they are done for stupid reasons, but mostly because they can be EASILY circumvented with a little knowledge. Yeah, they can ban a specific username, but they have absolutely no way of stopping anyone to reappear on the forum.
    Agreed. Sad to lose the post count tho Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    OMG that's the stupid and funniest $#@! i've read on the N54 forums IN HISTORY of the N54 forums!! lol omg!
    This is the same guy that jumps on everyone who doesn't bow to everything Vishnu posts and who thinks he's got far more tuning knowledge than everyone else including the 'NOOBS' who run COBB. lmao. If I were Shiv I'd shut that guy up lol. Can't be good for business...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Agreed. Sad to lose the post count tho Click here to enlarge

This is the same guy that jumps on everyone who doesn't bow to everything Vishnu posts and who thinks he's got far more tuning knowledge than everyone else including the 'NOOBS' who run COBB. lmao. If I were Shiv I'd shut that guy up lol. Can't be good for business...
    Don't expect that from Shiv Click here to enlarge look at his new beeyatch SIKH335! Can you report that guy over on e90 for being obscene and jumping into hotrod's thread and being obscene...i got banned for just arguing a technical discussion, that guy is just dumb/retarded/obscene..he should at least be warned
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    that thread got closed! Click here to enlarge wow, hopefully that sikh $#@!er gets it up his ass
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

what thread got closed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

My bad, they didn't close itClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

ok, i thought i missed something good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

SIKH clearly has small dick syndrome. He can't possibly fathom hotrods car is so fast lol, although I'm skeptical as well. Does 200 lbs of weight reduction on a 335i that's not even FBO equate to 123-125 mph traps? I seriously wish I could run side by side with him just to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

SIKH clearly has small dick syndrome. He can't possibly fathom hotrods car is so fast lol, although I'm skeptical as well. Does 200 lbs of weight reduction on a 335i that's not even FBO equate to 123-125 mph traps? I seriously wish I could run side by side with him just to see.
    Hotrod plays games, I don't like it. He makes love to a Vbox.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hotrod plays games, I don't like it. He makes love to a Vbox.
    Although I am skeptical of his results as well, considering his car is apparently some sort of super factory freak that can trap 2-4 mph faster than the fastest stock turbo N54s, I can't say I dislike him. He posts results, graphs, logs, and I can't dispute that.

I wish he would post some more technical data, how he shifts, what he did to drop weight on his car, techniques, etc. All we see are just that, results, graphs, logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Hotrod stated that 99% of the time he lets the car shift on its own from a thread he posted..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Hotrod stated that 99% of the time he lets the car shift on its own from a thread he posted..
    I need to get a goddamn vbox for sure Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Hmm, found this interesting video that shows the vbox in action on hotrods car. Now we all know, the 335i speedo reads about 3-4% too fast on stock wheel/tire size (e.g. actual speed is around 76-77 mph when the speedo shows 80). This was GPS verified on two of my N54s with a 9500ix radar detector.

Even if he ran drag radials, it wouldn't account for the speedo reading almost 5 mph too slow, considering they all read fast to begin with. The speedo was right around the 110 mark when the vbox chirped at the set point of 116 mph, per the video and it reported 115.x? Considering the damn speedo is fast to begin with, THEN couple in the fact the speedo is 5-6 mph slow over the vbox trap speed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

considering his car is apparently some sort of super factory freak that can trap 2-4 mph faster than the fastest stock turbo N54s,
    It's BS, there is no such thing. Weight reduction...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast