Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Ah OK.. When someone said FastBimmerN54 claimed "to have been tuning for 10 years" and was in the NJ area it sounded awfully familiar. Click here to enlarge Jake was always friendly on the phone and in emails but we didn't see eye to eye on a few things and he definitely trolled some of our customers.
    I know who he his. i havent met him but he is on N54tech as well. works at a used car dealer where i used to live. talked to him a few times on the phone. when we talked he was WAAAAAY behind on how the n54 works. said he is working on putting his to PI instead of DI.. ill see what other stuff he mentioned, but definatly not knowledgable about the N54. I had to educate him on a few things, and thats pretty bad coming from me..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I know who he his. i havent met him but he is on N54tech as well. works at a used car dealer where i used to live. talked to him a few times on the phone. when we talked he was WAAAAAY behind on how the n54 works. said he is working on putting his to PI instead of DI.. ill see what other stuff he mentioned, but definatly not knowledgable about the N54. I had to educate him on a few things, and thats pretty bad coming from me..
    I got banned one of my many times getting at it with him which cost me 30 points of infractions out of my total of 90 infraction points that I have accumulated!! We were going at it and he kept saying he knew more because he has 10 years of tuning experience, bla bla bla.. One more ban and I am permanently banned for life! lol I dont say much there anymore as my lips have been stitched together Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

that explains a lot

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Here is a insert of his knowledge! WOW

"You do realize that 16 year old kids and tons of other people tune their own cars with ATR, Haltechs Halwin, AEM FIC and EMS, etc and do it on their own. People learn because tuning is simple concepts that you master through practice. You really look like an idiot on this forum. You say how its becoming Shiv or Terry but the majority of people who mod their cars learn these things because tuning your own car is fun and rewarding. If you spent time reading and learning instead of looking like an idiot who has HORRIBLE skills when creating "witty" remarks- you'd be able to learn as well. This platform as a whole is a joke in that there are groups of people who actually believe its okay to tune without timing as a parameter. Either way - you sound like an idiot when saying ATR and tuning (not even creating basemaps but just modifying current maps) is for experts because thats what modding is - tuning your own car to be faster. You guys all compete on this forum for whose car is faster. Its not a competition. You all bolt on parts that do the same $#@! and run the same tunes from the same vendors. Wow you can spend money good job. Learn to tune and be proud because your car runs smooth, makes good power, doesn't knock and is fun to drive.

All I said was ATR would be not for everyone as there arent too many people that would feel comfortable to fine tune their cars with the ATR from Cobb..Didnt need a response like this, but being that HE HAS over 10 YEARS experience he is the manClick here to enlarge and I was a tuning wannabe!! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    I am leaving this platform because of a lot of $#@! going on at e90.
    Kind of lame to leave a car due to a forum don't you think? I'd sooner create my own forum than ditch my car... oh wait.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    I am, however, sick and tired of having to ignore all the childish crap that goes on. I don’t know how many times I see stuff, and get worked up and want to comment, and then have to talk myself down. Having made the decision to switch, I care less (but still cant stop myself from looking) about what’s going on in the FI section.
    So get used to this place... I know it's me saying but we really are better built for the enthusiast and open discussion. Your poorly informed BMW fanboy belongs there and the guys with more knowledge belong here. Crap stays there, good stuff here.

By participating there you just reinforce them. Instead of going to their regional bring your regional friends here and fight to change the system. I can't do this all myself although I'll sure as hell try.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Here is a insert of his knowledge! WOW

"You do realize that 16 year old kids and tons of other people tune their own cars with ATR, Haltechs Halwin, AEM FIC and EMS, etc and do it on their own. People learn because tuning is simple concepts that you master through practice. You really look like an idiot on this forum. You say how its becoming Shiv or Terry but the majority of people who mod their cars learn these things because tuning your own car is fun and rewarding. If you spent time reading and learning instead of looking like an idiot who has HORRIBLE skills when creating "witty" remarks- you'd be able to learn as well. This platform as a whole is a joke in that there are groups of people who actually believe its okay to tune without timing as a parameter. Either way - you sound like an idiot when saying ATR and tuning (not even creating basemaps but just modifying current maps) is for experts because thats what modding is - tuning your own car to be faster. You guys all compete on this forum for whose car is faster. Its not a competition. You all bolt on parts that do the same $#@! and run the same tunes from the same vendors. Wow you can spend money good job. Learn to tune and be proud because your car runs smooth, makes good power, doesn't knock and is fun to drive.

All I said was ATR would be not for everyone as there arent too many people that would feel comfortable to fine tune their cars with the ATR from Cobb..Didnt need a response like this, but being that HE HAS over 10 YEARS experience he is the manClick here to enlarge and I was a tuning wannabe!! lol
    I've never tuned a car in my whole life but I wouldn't be scared with ATR. I've fiddled with the Procede user adjustable software and completely understand how it functioned. It's basically tuning 101, take OTS public map, make small additive changes until you get a negative response from the car then back off. Move onto next parameter. This is where a VBOX would come in handy for street tuning. ATR won't be much different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah I know its all about testing and logging but this dude thinks he can tune anything, even a menopausal women into having a period again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I know its all about testing and logging but this dude thinks he can tune anything, even a menopausal women into having a period again!
    Hahahadhha! Great line. Adding that into a quote of the year nomination.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Kind of lame to leave a car due to a forum don't you think? I'd sooner create my own forum than ditch my car... oh wait.
    Meh, it motivated me, so it is what it is.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

lmao, not exactly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    lmao, not exactly
    not the same guy i been talking to?

Garth @ Jonathan Motorcars
    New Jerseys Premier Tuning Solutions
    Coming Soon
    Click here to enlarge
    "Undercover" Racing

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

not the same guy i been talking to?

Garth @ Jonathan Motorcars
    New Jerseys Premier Tuning Solutions
    Coming Soon
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/sm...burnrubber.gif
    "Undercover" Racing
    Trust me, you are wrong. No its not me btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ill take your word for it, but it sure sounds like him

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ">
    </div>

Haha that guy is a clown.Im glad others feel the same way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

chadd, welcome Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    chadd, welcome Click here to enlarge
    Thanks buddy. This is a great thread!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

@chadd..
    Glad you made it over. Post up your dyno numbers in a new thread!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@alpinedevil335

Thanks for the invite bro.

Ive been trying to post my results but it keeps denying me. Says I have to wait a day. I haven't received my registration email either. Im thinking its cause of all the forum updates going on right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chadd Click here to enlarge
    @alpinedevil335

Ive been trying to post my results but it keeps denying me. Says I have to wait a day. I haven't received my registration email either. Im thinking its cause of all the forum updates going on right now.
    Ah I see, just be patient.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

@alpinedevil335

You are good to go, sometimes it gets trapped in your spam filter. I enabled your account manually yesterday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are good to go, sometimes it gets trapped in your spam filter. I enabled your account manually yesterday.
    Sweet! Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Sweet! Thanks.
    well.... we are waiting Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well.... we are waiting Click here to enlarge