Close

Thread: JB4/COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

JB4/COBB

So, im using the JB4/COBB combo, have the JB on map 4 and using the in dash gauges, on the manual mapping in the JB software i have the fuel on 0, but for those who run this, will the Lagfix, FF max, boost limit etc... values accounted for in map 4?

I want to run purely COBB but need JBs DTC on feature on startup, maxcool, in dash gauges all the cool features, so should i nullify all the parameters or are they already ignored?

Thanks,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    check with terry but AFAIK on map4 any/all user settings "should" be ignored as that map is passthrough

to set it up properly, in the user settings set all the fuel to zero, cps to zero, lagfix to zero, bogfix to zero, fuel pressure to zero...

keep in mind you have to have the jb4 in map0 "if" you're plugging in the AP to flash/datalog...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    check with terry but AFAIK on map4 any/all user settings "should" be ignored as that map is passthrough

to set it up properly, in the user settings set all the fuel to zero, cps to zero, lagfix to zero, bogfix to zero, fuel pressure to zero...

keep in mind you have to have the jb4 in map0 "if" you're plugging in the AP to flash/datalog...
    thanks man i appreciate it, so its 0 for all even for boost limit!! which shouldnt affect cobb's boost

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    thanks man i appreciate it, so its 0 for all even for boost limit!! which shouldnt affect cobb's boost
    i never said boost limit or anything, i enumerated all the fields you should zero out...nothing else...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Map 4 is all stock pass through/stock. You would only zero out some settings if using a JB4 performance map on top of the Cobb tuning. And then what you changed would depend on what you wanted to do. But the main thing is to set the fuel values to 0.

The only thing to watch for is if you plug the Cobb hand-held in at the same time to change maps, etc, you have to first set the JB4 to map 0 to disable it's CAN system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Map 4 is all stock pass through/stock. You would only zero out some settings if using a JB4 performance map on top of the Cobb tuning. And then what you changed would depend on what you wanted to do. But the main thing is to set the fuel values to 0.

The only thing to watch for is if you plug the Cobb hand-held in at the same time to change maps, etc, you have to first set the JB4 to map 0 to disable it's CAN system.
    when logging with the AP, even with the jb4 in map0, sometimes the AP will get disconnected somewhere through the pull...hopefully JB4's next firmware update is here soon that will make the AP/JB4 more compatible down the road

the way i get around it is I make sure on the AP the live data shows RPM when doing logging...somehow that makes it not drop the connection...at the time it drops the connection the gauges do a startup sweep which indicates JB4 picking up on something even on map zero
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-15-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the JB4 is map 0 it's basically off. I've done plenty of logging with it like that with no issues. But on map 4 then you can't also log with the AP. I think the bug you're talking about re: the gauge reset is already fixed in beta firmware from 10/1 and later. Email me if you want it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With the JB4 is map 0 it's basically off. I've done plenty of logging with it like that with no issues. But on map 4 then you can't also log with the AP. I think the bug you're talking about re: the gauge reset is already fixed in beta firmware from 10/1 and later. Email me if you want it.
    Got it, thanks!
    Click here to enlarge