Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

How far are you looking to go with your N63/S63?

I'm curious to see where the few owners of these motors on here stand as far as goals with the vehicle? I know alot of people have taken the Dinan route because of the warranty and it made me wonder if there is a decent amount of people like me who are willing to say to hell with the warranty and push the motor to its max. I would eventually like to get the car into the 700whp range and I'm pretty determined to do what is necessary to get there. I would think I'd need to go into the motor for that but we'll see what she holds. The main reason I ask is because I've got something in mind and know people that could make this happen but I'd need to gauge if there is a market for that kind of power and mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well, you are on BimmerBoost. Good place to be if you don't give a $#@! about your warranty and want power.

Dinan is mild stuff, good stuff, but mild.

I don't have your motor obviously and neither do many others here but I don't think we will see a lot of guys going far with this so soon. Most are leased by older gentlemen who just want nice transportation, not performance enthusiasts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Personally, I went with Dinan because that's what was available - not because of the warranty.

Not sure I'd be down for opening up the engine, but if I could get to 550+whp with full bolt ons and a tune I would be game. Patiently waiting for the market to mature, (maybe it won't due to Sticky's reasoning above) but not itching to go first...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Lol I don't care about being first but I'm dying to get the car fast. I hear you on the dinan I was going for that until I got rear ended and then during the month it was being repaired I spoke with shiv and decided to send the car there. I would think 550whp would be safe with the stock components and maybe could even be accomplished with stock turbos. I'm sure what I want would need new turbos and intercoolers and I don't want just reworked stock turbos at twice the price of new ones so I'm scheming. The hardest part would be getting the tuning inline but we'll see what Jeremy has to say when/if I get the car tuned in a few weeks with him.

For what I have in mind I may find more willing people in the X suv market as they've been out for a while and when I go on the X forums I'm surprised by how many people want to make those things fast. I know alot of excellent fabricators and engine builders from my drag car so I'd like to put together an upgraded turbo kit and I talked to someone who could make that happen but a one off kit would be prohibitively expensive but if he saw a market for it I think he'd get going.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I would think 550whp would be safe with the stock components and maybe could even be accomplished with stock turbos.
    Highly doubt that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Highly doubt that.
    Well I based that off the fact that I recently saw the N54 turbos and goddamn their tiny. Compared to those the N63 appears to have some real monsters and I believe there getting 400+ out of the stockers in the N54 no? Either way if you need to upgrade to get to that number well hell that's what I'm working on anyways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well I based that off the fact that I recently saw the N54 turbos and goddamn their tiny. Compared to those the N63 appears to have some real monsters and I believe there getting 400+ out of the stockers in the N54 no? Either way if you need to upgrade to get to that number well hell that's what I'm working on anyways.
    We don't have too many dyno's unfortunately but looks like you would be asking for another 100+ whp jump from the stock turbos from where they already are with tunes. I don't know about that.

We'll know more once your car gets a tune with the supporting mods you have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm curious to see where the few owners of these motors on here stand as far as goals with the vehicle? I know alot of people have taken the Dinan route because of the warranty and it made me wonder if there is a decent amount of people like me who are willing to say to hell with the warranty and push the motor to its max. I would eventually like to get the car into the 700whp range and I'm pretty determined to do what is necessary to get there. I would think I'd need to go into the motor for that but we'll see what she holds. The main reason I ask is because I've got something in mind and know people that could make this happen but I'd need to gauge if there is a market for that kind of power and mods.
    I'm almost done modding my car. I'm planning on a suspension tweak (ACS springs or a Dinan tune) and most likely a CAI. My fiver is my daily driver and I'm planning on keeping for 70-80k miles, so I'm not sure if I want to push the power much higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Im also curious too. Looking to cater to these types in the near future.