Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

OE Tuning Atlanta, 19-20th November

OE Tuning will be Atlanta GA next week, the 18th-20th Nov at Sun Tinting in Alpharetta.
    Please contact Sun Tinting or email sales@oetuning.com to secure your position.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Jimefam - this is in your neck of the woods, no? Is OE going to have a go at tuning your car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    @Jimefam - this is in your neck of the woods, no? Is OE going to have a go at tuning your car?
    I'd say there's a 75% chance that they will tune it. The 25% is because I recently got a line on a possible second option(well third if you count dinan) but being that this is OE tuning's thread I'll not discuss that. I am impatient and OE is a great option that as you said will be coming to a shop that is 10 minutes from my house so I think by the end of the month I'll have a tune on her. I wanna hurry up and do it because the TNT are done at my closest track but there is another track that is a bit further south and has their last TNT on the 26th of this month I want to get into the 12's this year!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    12's are just a function of weather and tires on your car even stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    12's are just a function of weather and tires on your car even stock.
    You mean a function of weather, tires and remembering your helmet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, that goes without saying Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol that's below the belt! I've actually got the damn thing in the trunk now so I'm ready for whenever. And remember sticky because of the DP's my car is running weaker than stock ATM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Lol that's below the belt! I've actually got the damn thing in the trunk now so I'm ready for whenever. And remember sticky because of the DP's my car is running weaker than stock ATM.
    I would be humping tuners legs to get a tune in that case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha! looking forward to seeing your tuned results soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well hopefully I'll be getting a tune tomorrow, I've tried calling Jeremy several times in the past two weeks but I've never gotten an answer so I'm just gonna show up tomorrow. Doesnt bode well though if I ever have any issue with the tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well hopefully I'll be getting a tune tomorrow, I've tried calling Jeremy several times in the past two weeks but I've never gotten an answer so I'm just gonna show up tomorrow. Doesnt bode well though if I ever have any issue with the tune.
    Just show up, on a tuning trip he is busy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just show up, on a tuning trip he is busy.
    I've probably called 15 times in the last 2 weeks no one's ever picked up or called back. Luckily there going to be using the shop which I've gotten my 550i dyno'd at twice before and there friends otherwise id be stuck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've probably called 15 times in the last 2 weeks no one's ever picked up or called back. Luckily there going to be using the shop which I've gotten my 550i dyno'd at twice before and there friends otherwise id be stuck.
    You would need his cell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well after assuring me and I guess telling sticky also that he had the tool it turns out Jeremy doesn't have it. So as I'm on my way I finally get a call back from OE and when I'm telling him I'm driving there they tell me not to waste my time as Jeremy can't tune it because he doesn't have the tool. When I tell him Jeremy assured me he did have it he tells me that Jeremy let someone borrow it! Lol he comes cross country and doesn't bring his tuning tools? I think I got lucky.

Edit: and you know what's funny this is actually the second time they do this, when I picked up the car from Shiv I called Jeremy and told him I was driving down to LA and wanted it tuned, he said okay and once I got to LA I called 5 days straight and no one ever answered.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He just told me he has it, he can tune it. So...?
    Lol see I was right he didn't have anything. So...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol see I was right he didn't have anything. So...?
    Huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well after assuring me and I guess telling sticky also that he had the tool it turns out Jeremy doesn't have it. So as I'm on my way I finally get a call back from OE and when I'm telling him I'm driving there they tell me not to waste my time as Jeremy can't tune it because he doesn't have the tool. When I tell him Jeremy assured me he did have it he tells me that Jeremy let someone borrow it! Lol he comes cross country and doesn't bring his tuning tools? I think I got lucky.
    I don't get it man, maybe he didn't have it with him. I don't know what to say but that doesn't look good.

Go get a tune from whomever you want I guess as he wasn't prepared to tune your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Edit: and you know what's funny this is actually the second time they do this, when I picked up the car from Shiv I called Jeremy and told him I was driving down to LA and wanted it tuned, he said okay and once I got to LA I called 5 days straight and no one ever answered.
    Dude youre having some $#@! luck with getting a tune. Sounds like youre not getting the whole story either. What's your next option?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude youre having some $#@! luck with getting a tune. Sounds like youre not getting the whole story either. What's your next option?
    Tell me about it! At least Shiv was upfront when I sent him the car in that he may not be able to do anything with it. I was so ready to get it done and was glad because they are tuning at the same place I've taken my car before so it would have made comparisons easy. Roman@ESS actually bought a 550i and is currently working on a tune which they should have complete in a few weeks he said. All I need is someone who really can do what they say and I'll get the hardware part done. The Maf housing for my intake(pretty much the only hard part) is done and I'll have them CNC'd soon but with no tuning all just be compounding the problem I've got with the DP's now. I also started a sketch of a new exhaust manifold for bigger turbos but again everything is contingent upon having someone who can tune for it all. Luis@paw said he could do it almost 6 months ago but just like I was pretty sure Jeremy didn't have the capability I doubt he can. I'm actually driving to miami next Tuesday for thanksgiving so I may hit him and that shady dude from ASR up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Odd, I just got a call from the owner of Sun tinting asking me if I was the guy on bimmerboost and then he put on Jeremy who told ms he sent the cable overseas and hasn't gotten it back. I reminded him that in LA I had called him and made an appointment for that Friday but that no one picked up that whole week. He told me he was in new york (even though he made the appointment two days before that). Then I told him I'd been calling and even asked Matt@cambertoe to give him my number on here cause email or phone wouldn't get across but he said he was just poorly organized. He seems nice enough but I'm lost, he told me in the next week or two he can send the tool here to Atlanta and have someone from Sun tint flash it for me.

Like I told him though the only draw he had over say an ESS was that he was here today and was gonna tune MY car not simply flash me a generic tune that doesn't factor in my DP's or anything else. He said he'll contact me whenever he gets the tool but at this point I'll probably wait for ESS or look at another option. Thought it was worth the update.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Odd, I just got a call from the owner of Sun tinting asking me if I was the guy on bimmerboost and then he put on Jeremy who told ms he sent the cable overseas and hasn't gotten it back. I reminded him that in LA I had called him and made an appointment for that Friday but that no one picked up that whole week. He told me he was in new york (even though he made the appointment two days before that). Then I told him I'd been calling and even asked Matt@cambertoe to give him my number on here cause email or phone wouldn't get across but he said he was just poorly organized. He seems nice enough but I'm lost, he told me in the next week or two he can send the tool here to Atlanta and have someone from Sun tint flash it for me.

Like I told him though the only draw he had over say an ESS was that he was here today and was gonna tune MY car not simply flash me a generic tune that doesn't factor in my DP's or anything else. He said he'll contact me whenever he gets the tool but at this point I'll probably wait for ESS or look at another option. Thought it was worth the update.
    Glad it was explained.

Yes, obviously you wanted a custom tune. Unfortunately things did not work out Click here to enlarge