Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge I plan on it...but I have to make a decision soon, my parents want my car ASAP haha and I have to have it taken down to stock again, so I have to find someone to buy the exhaust off of me haha... :\
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Just tell your parents they can't have your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha, little update...I talked with my parents yesterday, I'm trading the car in so actually I now have time and it's all good...But I did test drive a 2010 GT-R, and a 2010 IS-F...I know this is going to get flamed quite a bit but I didn't like the GT-R...it had plenty of power and it was FUN as $#@! to drive, but I don't think it would be a DD to me. Everytime I planted that pedal all the sound in the car went completely silent besides the engine and, although the right wasn't as bad as most reviews had made it out to be, to me...it wasn't the car I wanted to buy. I did like the IS-F a bit...it sounded nice, shifted quickly (to my surprise) and it felt like it was built well. I have to go drive a DCT EDC M3 and then a new C63...I found a brand new black on black C63 to test drive but they guy treated me like a child and wouldn't let me drive it...I was pretty pissed off...but I'll just not buy it from him, ha. I also have to go test drive another CTS-V without a 70 year old man in the back telling me to slow down and actually get on some open road to see what it can do. Right now I'm thinking M3=C63=IS-F (don't hate me too much for saying that)>CTS-V>GT-R for my daily driving style...OH and I meant to ask, why people chose the way they did? I would like to hear Click here to enlarge and as always thanks.

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I don't blame you for not being enthralled with the GTR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To be honest I was pretty impressed with the IS-F...it sounded very good at higher rpms and felt almost like my 5er...which is something to me lol. Between the c63 and the m3 you guys like the m3 or c63? Btw I over estimated the prices, I can afford new ones of those lol...so what you guys think between the new 2011/2012 m3 and c63?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't blame you for not being enthralled with the GTR.
    It was a great track machine..track being the key word...i did make the salesman squeak an "oh $#@!" out when I stomped it lol...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    To be honest I was pretty impressed with the IS-F...it sounded very good at higher rpms and felt almost like my 5er...which is something to me lol. Between the c63 and the m3 you guys like the m3 or c63? Btw I over estimated the prices, I can afford new ones of those lol...so what you guys think between the new 2011/2012 m3 and c63?
    Both those cars are sweet but I'm over BMW at the moment so I would lean toward the C63 for something different... that big V8 is just $#@!ing awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

C63 Amg coupe black series. that car looks so hot in red, and the sound of that v8 is so intoxicating! i drove an e63 amg and the love everytime i got on it mad me giggly lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    C63 Amg coupe black series
    That is 100+k...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah that's...a lot........like A ......... LOT

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I wish I was in your shoes right now. You have it so easy Click here to enlarge lucky bastard Click here to enlarge I'm suprised you didnt like the GT-R, specially since I imagine you are not old. Anyways, I would definitely take a C63 coupe over the M3, you just can't beat that monstrous V8 in N/A or Boosted form. Also, if you don't mind a 2 seater, definitely check out the Z06. BTW, stay away from that IS-F, it's got $#@!ing fake mufflers for crying out loud, the M3 and C63 out perform it in every way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can't they take your car with the exhaust on.... my dad is about to change the exhaust on his E38 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ehh, the IS-F does have exhaust but the exhaust is just further in than the bumper and the exhausts are connected to the cut outs on the bumper...haha you knock it but to be honest...go drive one, I drove an M3 today and it felt almost the same as the IS-F...you could definitely tell the difference between the fact that the IS-F is an automatic and the fact that the M3 is definitely an automated manual...I'm still so torn between those two cars...going to test drive the 2009 c63 tomorrow..as far as I know the 2009 and 2012 are pretty much the same except the body...anyone know the differences? Thanks...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I drove an M3 today and it felt almost the same as the IS-F
    Uh, how?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Power wise it's almost the same amount of HP, and the response was pretty aggressive in both cars. I felt more at home in the M but it doesn't have the same feel as my 5er seat, this seat doesn't have the same adjustments. But the IS did have a comfortable ass ride. The IS ride was slightly more comfortable. The IS is really engineered pretty well, you guys should go drive it and forget that it's a Lexus. The 2010 didn't have the new updated suspension, so the front end was a little loose and the ride was almost TOO comfortable. You guys should really give it a shot...The low end wasn't quite there but it was comparable. I wouldn't say that it's an M3 killer...and the M3 was slightly more aggressive, but the IS-F is a good car...everyone who nay-says it...go drive it...and then come back haha...honestly...I had the same thoughts about this car before driving it...but...seriously try it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

You sound set on the IS-F.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nah...it's just surprised the $#@! out of me...the M3 and IS-F are pretty much the same level to me right now. The M3 is more aggressive and definitely feels like a little more car. But the IS-F is pretty spacious and is pretty tame until you smash the pedal, and cheaper...not that much of an issue but it's definitely something to think about...if I had to choose right now...I wouldn't be able to. The M3...SO MUCH fun to drive haha...I floored it on the highway in manual and the wheels chirped in second and third and that sent a tingle down my spine haha... Click here to enlarge Felt like a true BMW...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Felt like a true BMW...
    Because that is what it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha yeah true...I'll have to drive the C63, then I'll know...I imagine myself in each car and I do see myself in the M3 more than any other car...but I do like the new C63, but I see myself more in the BMW...I like the way the new C63 looks...it looks completely bad ass...I've heard it's pretty sloppy though...we'll see...ha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha, ok the more and more I read about the new C...I think I like that and it will give me the woody I've been searching for. With the new automated manual instead of the true automatic and the fact that it's more fun to drive makes me feel like it will be the one for me. Every review I've read says that if I want to track the car then go with an M3 because of the poise, but since the C63 can be more comfortable in a daily drive, and yet even more fun when you drive for fun...I feel like it will be the perfect fit for me...now to find an C63 someone will let me drive haha...$#@!ing MB salesperson told me to come back when my dad was with me and that I didn't want the competition package or the car is white...$#@!...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ If a salesman made me come back with my father, I would definitely do so. I would then take up all his time, test drive the car, haggle over the price, and say I'll take it. Then I would specifically request another salesman get the commission to the manager or the deal is off. He's your $#@!, you aren't his.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

EXACTLY! Haha...I planned on doing that exact thing actually...HA...what I loved the most was that he told me that I'd have to wait 5 months if I ordered a car, the dealership here told me it would be about 4-6 weeks...lying bastard

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nah...it's just surprised the $#@! out of me...the M3 and IS-F are pretty much the same level to me right now.
    Until you take them to the track. Did you drive the M3 in the most aggressive mode?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I drove it in manual with the EDC off, and scale thing set up to max, that's all I could really mess with...the HP is the same and the IS-F has more torque...haha I like how people don't believe me...I'm not saying that it's better, it's just pretty close...where the M3 is more aggressive, the IS-F gives the same sort of performance with a little more subdued feel, but when you stomp the throttle, I think it sounds better than the M3 at WOT and throttle feels very close haha...maybe you guys should teach me how to drive an M3? But the Lexus has the same HP and more torque...I think it's pretty accurate...people just don't want ot admit it hehe...and handling is meh but the new one is supposed to have GREAT handling

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah that's...a lot........like A ......... LOT
    ok ya... woops lol. im digging the sound of the c63 though, coupe or sedan
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast