Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky I you gotten a chance to swing by Gintani, and snap some pics of the setup?
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Heh, there is my motor Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    low compression stroker Click here to enlarge

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    low compression stroker Click here to enlarge
    Is that what is being done?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I was voting:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm waiting to hear back from Gintani on the cost of the motor build, deciding between stock displacement low compression or a low compression stroker Click here to enlarge Don't need to do the stroker to have big power however why not go all out and fatten the curve, doing something that no one has done yet? I wouldn't mind showing PG how it's done or letting the old man know who he is trying to play with:

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky,
    I think you're going to end up going with a turbo(s). No TS on earth is going to enjoy the rpm your motor will spin to, it will be far out of it's efficiency range. YSIs are monster blowers, probably still better suited than a TS for a S65 but ultimately turbo(s) will be the way to go.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I vote twin superchargers. Click here to enlarge

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,
    I think you're going to end up going with a turbo(s). No TS on earth is going to enjoy the rpm your motor will spin to, it will be far out of it's efficiency range. YSIs are monster blowers, probably still better suited than a TS for a S65 but ultimately turbo(s) will be the way to go.
    I do not doubt you but turbos will just be a huge process with significant downtime and tuning issues. The YSI is already a proven setup and will provide me with plenty of power to satisfy me... I think.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    245.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Gintani Stage 4???
    Lowered Compression, Bigger Bore and Stroke, YSI Blower, Methanol Injection, SSP DCT...
    OMG
    this is going to kill everything out there
    Click here to enlarge Sticky

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    I like the YSI its fast as hell.

    the charger itself was a lot louder in person then I thought. But never the less you will have a lot of fun especially when the SSP clutch packs gets on that car.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I do not doubt you but turbos will just be a huge process with significant downtime and tuning issues. The YSI is already a proven setup and will provide me with plenty of power to satisfy me... I think.
    Since you were already setup with a cent blower the YSI will be the easiest route to go for sure. Either way, you're going to have a monster on your hands.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Since you were already setup with a cent blower the YSI will be the easiest route to go for sure. Either way, you're going to have a monster on your hands.
    Yes, it is the more logical choice at this stage considering what has already been done. I think it is going to be quite the beast, especially if stroked.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Gintani Stage 4???
    Lowered Compression, Bigger Bore and Stroke, YSI Blower, Methanol Injection, SSP DCT...
    OMG
    this is going to kill everything out there
    Click here to enlarge Sticky
    No sense in boring (especially) or stroking a S65 with YSI or any manner of FI on the motor. The head unit of the blower/turbo itslef is what dictates potential HP/TQ not motor displacement. You're basically just trading off the structural integrity of the bottom end for a few more inches, the same gains could easily be had with 1psi more boost on a stock displacement bottom end.

    Anyway, Sticky I want a ride when it's done Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    No sense in boring (especially) or stroking a S65 with YSI or any manner of FI on the motor. The head unit of the blower/turbo itslef is what dictates potential HP/TQ not motor displacement. You're basically just trading off the structural integrity of the bottom end for a few more inches, the same gains could easily be had with 1psi more boost on a stock displacement bottom end.

    Anyway, Sticky I want a ride when it's done Click here to enlarge
    You are correct but I'm not looking for peak gains with the cubes. Strictly area under the curve and low rpm driving enjoyment. The stock throttle response and power down low just feels way better than with the SC. Extra stroke should mitigate the drain off boost/down low I would think?

    You are always welcome and I would be more than happy to give you the keys to take it for a spin yourself.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, it is the more logical choice at this stage considering what has already been done. I think it is going to be quite the best, especially if stroked.
    If its possible I say stroke+low compression+YSI

    but since the sleeves take up a lot of space i don't know if you stoke it how if you can go 400cc maybe 200cc you never know!
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    If its possible I say stroke+low compression+YSI

    but since the sleeves take up a lot of space i don't know if you stoke it how if you can go 400cc maybe 200cc you never know!
    I don't see the sleeves having an impact on the stroke, just bore.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are correct but I'm not looking for peak gains with the cubes. Strictly area under the curve and low rpm driving enjoyment. The stock throttle response and power down low just feels way better than with the SC. Extra stroke should mitigate the drain off boost/down low I would think?
    Honestly I think you're going to be making so much boost even down low with a YSI the extra displacement won't matter much. You're going to have to put a Large pulley on it just so you don't hit 30psi at redline LOL.

    If you're going to hit it with serious boost I would put the $ saved by not stroking toward high quality internals: 4340 billet I beam rods with 7/16" ARP 2000 rod bolts, custom 2618 pistons with extra meat in the ringlands, and oversized tool steel wrist pins, ARP hardware all over, and possibly a billet 4340 crank).

    You are always welcome and I would be more than happy to give you the keys to take it for a spin yourself.
    Thanks, and back at you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •