Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Where to go from here? Twin screw? YSI? Turbos?

I'm going to be building my motor shortly but the question comes down to, what to do next?

Low compression builds with YSI's have been done and this is common knowledge now.

I am going to find out soon if turbos are going to be possible and if we will go that route. In all honesty, I would not mind a twin screw setup at all and it that would be amazing. Instant boost and torque is a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm just wondering how difficult a twin screw setup on an S65 will actually be, no one has attempted it. So, I guess, the door is wide open for anything.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Good luck on your mission. Your wallet is not going to like you. Just like mine. I turbo would be the best but your looking at something extremely hard and time consuming. Why not bulid motor ysi and gintani tune. Honestly I think that's best. There was only 1 ysi I know but it wasn't around long before parted out. Twin supercharger??? Seen AA try on m5 but I nothing ever heard of. Good luck

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Good luck on your mission. Your wallet is not going to like you. Just like mine. I turbo would be the best but your looking at something extremely hard and time consuming. Why not bulid motor ysi and gintani tune. Honestly I think that's best. There was only 1 ysi I know but it wasn't around long before parted out. Twin supercharger??? Seen AA try on m5 but I nothing ever heard of. Good luck
    You talking about that E46 YSI? There are YSI's running now on the S65.

Built motor with YSI will be the easiest, and it has been done.

No one mentioned twin supercharger, twin screw.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This forum has so many good projects and reads ... I can never get any work done lol!!

Make sure to do a full write up ... I would love to read up on it and good luck!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hahaah from chat to post!
    definitely go after the twin screw, it will be truly unique and not to mention f***ing awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sorry only knew of ysi was done. I'm e46 guy. Lol. Would it be possible for twin sc or even worth it. I just turbo will have to much down time with car. That's no fun. Just like the e46 ysi. Just build you engine for extreme boost get the biggest sc out ysi? Procharger?? Max the boost out and at the best meth kit around. Pretty much super custom gintani set. Stick series. Lol. I'll make you some nive emblem. Twin sc would be my next choice. I'm not a expert. Just throwing ideas at yea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Sorry only knew of ysi was done. I'm e46 guy. Lol. Would it be possible for twin sc or even worth it. I just turbo will have to much down time with car. That's no fun. Just like the e46 ysi. Just build you engine for extreme boost get the biggest sc out ysi? Procharger?? Max the boost out and at the best meth kit around. Pretty much super custom gintani set. Stick series. Lol. I'll make you some nive emblem. Twin sc would be my next choice. I'm not a expert. Just throwing ideas at yea.
    Honestly, centrifugals just kind of suck. They make big power up top but down low they don't have great response. The car when NA responded better when on the gas at low revs.

A twin screw is instant boost all the time so you tap the gas at any revs and you feel it. You have to get a centrifugal up there to feel it but unfortunately that may be how it goes.

Procharger or Vortech will be the same thing, just big centrifugal blowers. Turbos will have insane downtime and tuning issues so that does concern me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ever think about having serious talks with hpf? I know rd will be crazy dough but I think there would be a crazy market for it. They did it for e46. How many kits have they sold. Tons. I price might be high but hpf you know what your getting. I think they'll go for it. Just being hush. My next car is E92m no doubt but not for2-3 years. Then all kits should be at full potental. Beware iPhone thing always got to mention that incase I sound like a tart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Ever think about having serious talks with hpf? I know rd will be crazy dough but I think there would be a crazy market for it. They did it for e46. How many kits have they sold. Tons. I price might be high but hpf you know what your getting. I think they'll go for it. Just being hush. My next car is E92m no doubt but not for2-3 years. Then all kits should be at full potental. Beware iPhone thing always got to mention that incase I sound like a tart.
    Yes, talked to HPF way early on, they are not doing anything for the E92 M3 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I am unfamliar with twinscrew. Are this the kind corbas and such use. Sorry the noobness. e46 m3 was my first car to get extreme mods. I got a 69 chevelle ss just waiting for my
    my dad don't move so good but I almost got him convince to restore. Doesn't need much but if it turns
    out not to be
    numbers marching car. Wait to see the engine and suspension
    tt ls7. Everthing updated. Just 69 body. Sorry to go OT. Talking
    to
    pops trying to get him started before I leave for basic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just dont see why. I think they would just kill the e92 game. I believe they might be getting inferraris and such.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I am unfamliar with twinscrew. Are this the kind corbas and such use. Sorry the noobness. e46 m3 was my first car to get extreme mods. I got a 69 chevelle ss just waiting for my
    my dad don't move so good but I almost got him convince to restore. Doesn't need much but if it turns
    out not to be
    numbers marching car. Wait to see the engine and suspension
    tt ls7. Everthing updated. Just 69 body. Sorry to go OT. Talking
    to
    pops trying to get him started before I leave for basic.
    Twin screw's are positive displacement blowers like the cobras, lightnings, etc. Nothing wrong with asking questions man, we are all here to learn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I just dont see why. I think they would just kill the e92 game. I believe they might be getting inferraris and such.
    Read this and you will understand why: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...very-difficult

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm just trying mastermind with. Is twinscrew possible. Can gintani tune. Have you to discussed something with gintani. I'd like to see more from them never heard anything about them. E92 might just be the break threw for them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Then I think twinscrew then. Ysi second choice. Will the tuning ne similar to vortech blower that type. What does gintani think. They are the masterminds behind his correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Then I think twinscrew then. Ysi second choice. Will the tuning ne similar to vortech blower that type. What does gintani think. They are the masterminds behind his correct.
    Yes, they are the masterminds. I don't want to call them with speculation, they are busy. They will get back to me regarding what approach they recommend soon enough but that shouldn't stop us from talking about it Click here to enlarge

I think tuning the tune screw would be significantly different than the centrifugal, for whatever reason, those seem to be the easiest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If you can get a twin crew in your car that will be amazing! you will get TONS of TQ for sure!!!

do it sticky! shouldn't be that hard to drive since your car is DCT
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Why not just drive it and enjoy it? Instead of a vendetta against being the biggest and baddest. How many miles have you had on that thing since it's been completed a few times???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Why not just drive it and enjoy it? Instead of a vendetta against being the biggest and baddest. How many miles have you had on that thing since it's been completed a few times???
    I can't enjoy it unless it is the biggest and the baddest.

I have somewhere around 12-13k on it.

The transmission would have to be built no matter what, might as well take advantage of the down time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I love the new Magna Charger TVS2300 Superchargers. They are very popular on the Vettes and new Camaros; both Lingenfelter and Callaway use this supercharger setup.

I think you should stroke your motor to 4.6, lower the compression, and install a big centrifugal blower.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think a turbo-charged setup would produce more peak torque than a positive displacement or centrifugal blower, but obviously it wouldn't have that instant snap. If you are going for record numbers and times I would go with a slightly over-sized turbo or twin-turbo setup and just set up some sort of two-step or a small shot of nitrous for off-the-line boost, if necessary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, talked to HPF way early on, they are not doing anything for the E92 M3 Click here to enlarge
    Well maybe they'll change their mind at the end of the production run. I'm sure if they can get the tuning down, they will definitely want a piece of the S65 market as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Turbo is 99.9% going to require a standalone/piggy back. Turbo will take much longer to be completed. Turbo will cost the most. Turbo is uncharted territory on the s65.

I don't like the idea of a twins screw. These motors are made to rev and be linear, I like centi's better than screw's personally. The centi might be a lil hard to tune on the stock DME, but should be possible.

I think you shouldn't be one of those guys that there car is in the shop 10x more than they ever get to drive it. I would keep the setup you have right now. Stock motor with T-trim. Enjoy it for a while. See how Josh's and Alex's car do in the next coming months, then turn the boost up on your car and see it's limits before you build it and switch to a YSI. From the looks of it, the built motor YSI cars are going to make more power than you will need.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not a fan of big superchargers, at some point you get sick of the supercharger and want an upgrade. If you are building the motor and feel like spending some money, turbo is the ultimate choice. Anything you do custom at this point will take some time. When i decided to go the custom turbo route it took several months to finalize it. This included everything custom, from AEM, engine build, full exhaust, large piping everywhere, custom big intercooler, custom clutch, custom manifolds etc... You get the point, no matter what it will take a couple months. But i will be honest, with the amount of work my car had done AA did it pretty quick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Im not a fan of big superchargers, at some point you get sick of the supercharger and want an upgrade. If you are building the motor and feel like spending some money, turbo is the ultimate choice. Anything you do custom at this point will take some time. When i decided to go the custom turbo route it took several months to finalize it. This included everything custom, from AEM, engine build, full exhaust, large piping everywhere, custom big intercooler, custom clutch, custom manifolds etc... You get the point, no matter what it will take a couple months. But i will be honest, with the amount of work my car had done AA did it pretty quick.
    If you like turbos I don't see why you would not be a fan of a twin screw.

If you could do it again though you said you would not have gone the custom turbo route. The only thing that would push me to to turbo would be the build would get BB a ton of attention.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast