Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 94
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    819.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    which way to tease everyone

    you will really all this false propaganda cren ...Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Points
    2,366.7
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I love the CP-e stuff myself. Huge proponent. All top notch work.

    Regarding these turbos though, looks like lots of work left to do. It appears their primary runners are very (unnecessarily) large? Any measurements on those (2")?

    As you can see by the pics, it's going to be tight. Not sure how they propose to get a smoothly transitioned induction tube on that compressor inlet with a downpipe that needs to fill the same area dropping out of the front turbo. Surely they plan on flipping the rear around so that both turbines drop down together as they do stock. Re-worked Induction Tubes and Downpipes will obviously be required, that rear induction tube will likely cause rear firewall/chassis fab work requirements.

    Don't see any internal wastegates on them, nor provisions for external wastegates on the manifolds either.

    I know most would love to equal length primaries as it appears CP-e is doing, but IMO don't think there is near enough benefit over the increase of production/final costs and installation challenges they will generate.

    Overall something tells me this is really just showing what they've done on the exhaust manifolds thus far, once they get it all ironed out will be an amazing setup for sure- it simply will just cost alot of coin not only in product but in installation.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joshj84 Click here to enlarge
    pretty sure
    If so then post 20 doesn't look too good...

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    I love the CP-e stuff myself. Huge proponent. All top notch work.

    Regarding these turbos though, looks like lots of work left to do. It appears their primary runners are very (unnecessarily) large? Any measurements on those (2")?

    As you can see by the pics, it's going to be tight. Not sure how they propose to get a smoothly transitioned induction tube on that compressor inlet with a downpipe that needs to fill the same area dropping out of the front turbo. Surely they plan on flipping the rear around so that both turbines drop down together as they do stock. Re-worked Induction Tubes and Downpipes will obviously be required, that rear induction tube will likely cause rear firewall/chassis fab work requirements.

    Don't see any internal wastegates on them, nor provisions for external wastegates on the manifolds either.

    I know most would love to equal length primaries as it appears CP-e is doing, but IMO don't think there is near enough benefit over the increase of production/final costs and installation challenges they will generate.

    Overall something tells me this is really just showing what they've done on the exhaust manifolds thus far, once they get it all ironed out will be an amazing setup for sure- it simply will just cost alot of coin not only in product but in installation.
    Great post and I would venture to guess you are correct here. It's early but at least they are telling us what they are doing and planning to do.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Points
    2,782.7
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I was also expecting to see MORE, kindda dissapointed.
    Really hope this project comes through.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    RB, if I could rep you I would. It's refreshing to see a businessman actually speak well of his competition.

    If CP-E do bring these turbos to market, I would say they should provide a nice gain over the current reworked turbos, but I suspect most people will still go with units like the RB's which fit right in. But it's nice to have a more extensive setup for those looking to push further.
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If so then post 20 doesn't look too good...
    Bro, there's no reason for a 5" downpipe, the reason why the stock downpipe is so huge because of the HUGE As$ catalytic requiered for emissions, 3.5 diameter is more than enough, even 3 would've been fine imo

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Bro, there's no reason for a 5" downpipe, the reason why the stock downpipe is so huge because of the HUGE As$ catalytic requiered for emissions, 3.5 diameter is more than enough, even 3 would've been fine imo
    I think you make a good point but why not the 5 inch especially with a tune?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you make a good point but why not the 5 inch especially with a tune?
    There's a dyno and they barely made 5whp on this DP, I think 5 inch was just really easy to make because they didn't have to do r&d and just copied stock unit imo, not hating on cp-e but I don't get the point either, 5 inch is too much, when was the last time you've seen any supra with 5 inch piping ? Huge trucks Peterbilts and $#@! use 5 inch piping lol

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    as long as it doesnt hurt, and keeps price down, i dont see an issue with it.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    There's a dyno and they barely made 5whp on this DP, I think 5 inch was just really easy to make because they didn't have to do r&d and just copied stock unit imo, not hating on cp-e but I don't get the point either, 5 inch is too much, when was the last time you've seen any supra with 5 inch piping ? Huge trucks Peterbilts and $#@! use 5 inch piping lol
    I think CP-E and AR Design both do the 5 inch but BMS offers a smaller option. Would be interesting to compare them.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think CP-E and AR Design both do the 5 inch but BMS offers a smaller option. Would be interesting to compare them.
    Ar is 4

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    25.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If so then post 20 doesn't look too good...
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595180

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,010
    Rep Points
    8,959.7
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    There's a dyno and they barely made 5whp on this DP, I think 5 inch was just really easy to make because they didn't have to do r&d and just copied stock unit imo, not hating on cp-e but I don't get the point either, 5 inch is too much, when was the last time you've seen any supra with 5 inch piping ? Huge trucks Peterbilts and $#@! use 5 inch piping lol
    I'm happy with our 3.5" and hold the N55 world record with it. Click here to enlarge But the AR downpipe works and looks great and I like the idea of a 5" cast setup also. Allows you to slide a 5" high flow cat (similar to OEM diameter) in easily. Using cast ends retains heat better, reduces noise, and means every piece is exactly the same as the last one.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-06-2011 at 01:41 AM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Ar is 4
    Thank you.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Downpipe appears to have made a decent difference.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Downpipe appears to have made a decent difference.
    where do u see decent diff ?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    where do u see decent diff ?
    The 13 pound-feet of torque at the wheels?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    3.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The banner u guys had at your booth shows 535i 3 inch downpipes... Do u guys have them in stock?... Maybe a link to some pics?... Before and after dynos?... Thanks, much appreciated...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    those turbos are amazing!! forced perfomance compressor covers with billet hta wheels and tial stainless steel hot sides. full of win.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    743
    Rep Points
    1,050.8
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Interesting indeed, I am looking for a twin setup as well to maintain the near stock power curve. There is nothing like the power delivery of the N54 and I think a big sinlge will destroy it.

    Subbed for the CPE solution for sure.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey guys

    Thanks for the kind words - we are all back from SEMA now.. and picking up where we left off.

    The manifolds on display will be overhauled about a thousand times - usually when I develop things its just how it goes.. but they are a good start for this.

    This is a project we are 200% committed to - working with a few other companies on the back end to support us with turbos and other know-how. We are doing this right and doing this the way BMW intended.

    Quick response, resonable power (of course also going all out for proof of concept) and a solid, reliable, daily driven product that is bolt on, with minimal modification to the car itself.

    If anyone has any questions about this or the 1M parts - feel free to get in touch with me over email or PM or call the shop asking for Dmitriy..
    dorlov at cp-e d.o.t. com

    Ill try and check back here for questions and etc.

    Again thanks for supporting us!
    Custom Performance Engineering
    www.cp-e.com
    BMW N54/N55 | Forced Induction | Direct Injection Specialists

    Supporting BMW 1M | 135i | 335i | 535i and more

    Facebook: www.facebook.com/gocpe
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/gocpe
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/CustomPerformanceEng

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys

    Thanks for the kind words - we are all back from SEMA now.. and picking up where we left off.

    The manifolds on display will be overhauled about a thousand times - usually when I develop things its just how it goes.. but they are a good start for this.

    This is a project we are 200% committed to - working with a few other companies on the back end to support us with turbos and other know-how. We are doing this right and doing this the way BMW intended.

    Quick response, resonable power (of course also going all out for proof of concept) and a solid, reliable, daily driven product that is bolt on, with minimal modification to the car itself.

    If anyone has any questions about this or the 1M parts - feel free to get in touch with me over email or PM or call the shop asking for Dmitriy..
    dorlov at cp-e d.o.t. com

    Ill try and check back here for questions and etc.

    Again thanks for supporting us!
    Thanks for the post, it was nice seeing you guys at the show.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    285.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for stopping by! Good talking to you and putting a username to a face Click here to enlarge
    Custom Performance Engineering
    www.cp-e.com
    BMW N54/N55 | Forced Induction | Direct Injection Specialists

    Supporting BMW 1M | 135i | 335i | 535i and more

    Facebook: www.facebook.com/gocpe
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/gocpe
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/CustomPerformanceEng

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •