Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    that's a ton of boost for stock timing and RBs for sure...and you had no taper as far as I recall either...definitely take it one step at a time...i love the 60-130 runs as they really let you dial the tune in and see what works and what doesn't...its especially easy in your case with the 6AT as you can take the shifting out of the equation as you play around with boost, gas, meth nozzles/mixes...dial that $#@! in man! Click here to enlarge
    actually it had a lot of taper, more than i plugged in. there was an internal safety that tapered boost. IIRc, it was about 17 psi at 7k

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    actually it had a lot of taper, more than i plugged in. there was an internal safety that tapered boost. IIRc, it was about 17 psi at 7k
    looking at this thread you actually were hitting 20psi down to 18psi, no CPS so stock timing...pretty aggressive but looks like it works no issues.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...trip-yesterday..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey DZ, wanna try something or me? do a vbox 1/4 mile along with the 60-130. i wanna see what yours says and i can do the same with what im at right now. im just curious how they are gonna differ. im still at 17 psi and fullweight though, so i dont expect anything huge from my car.
    made dozens of tests since turbos and configuration update that I like most is 17psiClick here to enlarge

I have a few records of 19 and 20 psi with the new pump and injectors, but I think you have totune some things a little ...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    made dozens of tests since turbos and configuration update that I like most is 17psiClick here to enlarge

I have a few records of 19 and 20 psi with the new pump and injectors, but I think you have totune some things a little ...Click here to enlarge

But are you running upgraded turbos as well?
    Stock turbos cannot take as high boost as RBs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looking at this thread you actually were hitting 20psi down to 18psi, no CPS so stock timing...pretty aggressive but looks like it works no issues.

What do you mean by aggressive? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

that was on jb3 though and pump/meth. no cps as jb didnt have it at the time, or even ign loggin. im sure if we could see that, we would see how not suggested those settings would be. boost control left a lot to be desired in those days. that was my first time trapping over 120 mph as well. that was also i believe a full year ago, if not more. definatly not the record runs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that was on jb3 though and pump/meth. no cps as jb didnt have it at the time, or even ign loggin. im sure if we could see that, we would see how not suggested those settings would be. boost control left a lot to be desired in those days. that was my first time trapping over 120 mph as well. that was also i believe a full year ago, if not more. definatly not the record runs
    do you have a link to the thread where you posted 127.2mph traps and 11.1? Would love to see what you ran in terms of JB4 settings back then, can't seem to find it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont think i started any of the record threads. ill search though and see where they are

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    But are you running upgraded turbos as well?
    Stock turbos cannot take as high boost as RBs.
    My choice was the turbos 1 rb, but my patiencedesiti not prepared to wait 6-7 months ...

my turbos are a TD04 stok in the nucleus of the same as those

http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that was on jb3 though and pump/meth. no cps as jb didnt have it at the time, or even ign loggin. im sure if we could see that, we would see how not suggested those settings would be. boost control left a lot to be desired in those days.
    If you are referring to possible timing dips, they don't show up in the results at least. What makes you think so?
    And the boost seems to be quite stable, so I don't think the boost control was too bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My choice was the turbos 1 rb, but my patiencedesiti not prepared to wait 6-7 months ...

Ah, no surprises there in using TD04... Good to know that you have upgraded turbos as well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do you have a link to the thread where you posted 127.2mph traps and 11.1? Would love to see what you ran in terms of JB4 settings back then, can't seem to find it
    i never did get around to posting them, so now ill go back and search, but T was nice enough to post this one. the is the record run. ill find the other 11.1@ 127 in a few. i had a busy weekend right after that and never came back to posting

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=125

If you are referring to possible timing dips, they don't show up in the results at least. What makes you think so?
    And the boost seems to be quite stable, so I don't think the boost control was too bad.
    jb3 didnt have ignition logging, so i dont know what it looked like. and boost control was ok, not good or great. because i would have not been running 20psi on pump meth that night Click here to enlarge

for instance, here is my log from today that im working with:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

any smoking issues after you upgraded to TD04?

+1 boost on the run in that thread looks pretty solid but maybe he meant it wasn't targeting properly as he had it set for 17psi but in actual fact it was running 20psi down to 18psi in what looks like 4th gear there...

its really hard to say I'm running X psi these days as it really isn't about that in the end...the boost curve is a "curve"...my tune right now hits 21psi but it goes down very soon and tapers...at 7200rpm which is Cobb's redline it'll hit 17psi...so should I say i have a 21psi tune? I think not, doesn't really apply and we should always describe the boost curve itself I think going forward, if its a curve say what it looks like in terms of taper, if its flat, say its flat...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i never did get around to posting them, so now ill go back and search, but T was nice enough to post this one. the is the record run. ill find the other 11.1@ 127 in a few. i had a busy weekend right after that and never came back to posting

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=125

jb3 didnt have ignition logging, so i dont know what it looked like. and boost control was ok, not good or great. because i would have not been running 20psi on pump meth that night Click here to enlarge

for instance, here is my log from today that im working with:

Click here to enlarge
    map7?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, custom map 6

i always say what peak psi is, but thats just me. although i do see what your saying.

DZ, here is a post that explains everything for my record runs:
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=129
    Last edited by LostMarine; 10-31-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i always say what peak psi is, but thats just me. although i do see what your saying.

DZ, here is a post that explains everything for my record runs:
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=129
    boost wise we're running very similar setups (talking about the 20psi run)...timing wise though you have about 4-8deg more timing throughout the RPM range and that's gotta be worth something when there isn't timing retard...i wonder what the car would do with a bit more timing on this end but I'll leave it as is as its working out great so far...not touching anything

ever consider trying inducing CPS retard with the JB4 and upping boost (21psi down to say 17psi like on mine)? man get that vbox wired in and you can see all this on the road in real world conditions...otherwise everything is just a good guess
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or paw, but both need to show measurable/sizeable gains first instead of a pdf or excel spreadsheet graphs
    At least PAW has provided real data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    At least PAW has provided real data.
    I have data from VAC...think i posted it before...at SEMA I think VAC will announce everything complete with pricing...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, i cant help but wonder how much the colder temps are doing for us though. i picked my car up sat when i got back and it felt beastly.
    ill be getting my vbox back soon, but im more interested in hitting a strip and solidifying what we already know.

also, yours and mine have 2 differnt aspects. have you ever looked at our closest dyno's plotted by mph not rpm? mine is geared nearly perfect for the 1/4, while yours is better for a 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    at SEMA I think VAC will announce everything complete with pricing...
    Well then, I guess I should hurry up and finish pooping and be on my way to Vegas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, i cant help but wonder how much the colder temps are doing for us though. i picked my car up sat when i got back and it felt beastly.
    ill be getting my vbox back soon, but im more interested in hitting a strip and solidifying what we already know.

also, yours and mine have 2 differnt aspects. have you ever looked at our closest dyno's plotted by mph not rpm? mine is geared nearly perfect for the 1/4, while yours is better for a 60-130
    6MT is better for the 60-130 for sure although hotrod has some great results with his 6AT (can't even notice the shifts on his graph)...6ATs though definitely have the advantage in the 1/4 everything-wise..

Well then, I guess I should hurry up and finish pooping and be on my way to Vegas.
    get on it...take some toilet paper with ya
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm leaving tomorrow. probably won't make my way to the show until Wed. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm leaving tomorrow. probably won't make my way to the show until Wed. Click here to enlarge
    I'll be there Wednesday as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have heard very good things about LOBA and their N54 upgrade.

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    anyone ready and willing and with access to post this over on e90post? Click here to enlarge must inform the lambs...i asked the same for that 126.6mph trap
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast