Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    Its crazy how many people are switching to COBB. Currently, JB4 is fine for me Click here to enlarge
    You're still going to make more power on a piggy+meth combo than Cobb stage 2. If you're looking for max power, piggybacks are still the way to go.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    You're still going to make more power on a piggy+meth combo than Cobb stage 2. If you're looking for max power, piggybacks are still the way to go.
    I heard Rob is making about 400 whp on their Mustang Dyno with an Aquamist Meth Kit but that he's still not sold on the idea of meth injection. He seems to prefer race gas. Seems to be a concern about the reliability of the kit and a proper failsafe.
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I heard Rob is making about 400 whp on their Mustang Dyno with an Aquamist Meth Kit but that he's still not sold on the idea of meth injection. He seems to prefer race gas. Seems to be a concern about the reliability of the kit and a proper failsafe.
    Screw meth, send out the 109 maps lol. Daddy needs to break 120

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Screw meth, send out the 109 maps lol. Daddy needs to break 120
    That's what I said haha. Give me a good race map for the drag strip and let's get cracking.
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I heard Rob is making about 400 whp on their Mustang Dyno with an Aquamist Meth Kit but that he's still not sold on the idea of meth injection. He seems to prefer race gas. Seems to be a concern about the reliability of the kit and a proper failsafe.
    I heard the same thing... That 400whp equates to around 440 whp STD on a dynojet. Impressive numbers for sure.

    I say let us be the judge of it! Can't get feedback keeping it bottled up. I'm happy to data log and provide feedback both positive and negative.

    Unfortunately my car has a toasted O2 sensor on bank 2 which happened recently. Gotta get that fixed this week. I can't even enjoy stage 2 right now!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Opinions on running a cobb and JB4 combo?
    Click here to enlarge


  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Points
    3,329.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    Opinions on running a cobb and JB4 combo?
    really can't say I'd recommend it for general use out there unless Terry is willing to provide major guidance/time to the guys willing to run it...its something that requires extensive logging/testing to ensure it can run right and not many ppl are diligent enough...but it can be done, i'm doing it, its not rocket science
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,445.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So, my cobb came in about an hour ago. I just uploaded Stage 2 aggressive. I like, very much.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Points
    1,066.8
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Its awesome

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    O2 sensor replaced, AFRs rock solid now, new intake cones and meth nozzle going back in Click here to enlarge

    I want to trap 120 full weight with my fat ass in the driver's seat Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    28.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^sucks for us big guys. I weigh 235 ha. Planning to hit the track soon?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Next week, weather permitting. Since I don't have a meth failsafe with my tune of choice, I'll be forced to run MS109 alongside the meth for testing.

    What I need to see is if the DME will cut timing and to see why if it's the case.

    I was 200 lbs, but I got really sick and lost 20 lbs. Gained 5 lbs of it back and hoping to stay there!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    80.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    O2 sensor replaced, AFRs rock solid now, new intake cones and meth nozzle going back in Click here to enlarge

    I want to trap 120 full weight with my fat ass in the driver's seat Click here to enlarge
    what was the issue with the o2s? did you replace the fronts or rears?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turkish335 Click here to enlarge
    what was the issue with the o2s? did you replace the fronts or rears?
    Kept throwing cat codes on bank 2, a one point afr variance, with and without a dp fix. Replaced front o2 sensor on bank 2, reset ecu, after 40-50 miles of driving, afrs corrected themselves, now no problem.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    819.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    o2 sensor problem in all the melodies is evident

    I know 6 cases o2 sensor replacement in the last 3 months

    I've always said you have to improve what afr

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    o2 sensor problem in all the melodies is evident

    I know 6 cases o2 sensor replacement in the last 3 months

    I've always said you have to improve what afr
    Considering we didn't really have this kind of accessible logging ability for a very long time, I wonder how often people were running with bad O2 sensors and didn't even realize it on the N54 platform.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    819.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Considering we didn't really have this kind of accessible logging ability for a very long time, I wonder how often people were running with bad O2 sensors and didn't even realize it on the N54 platform.
    is right, but if you do not use the car Labadofailure will always be there and if you use a btSTG1 is easy to find

    What I see is that these exchanges are becoming very old and very dangerous if you usevery high levels of blown psi

    maybe we should look more to the MRC tolobamotorsport COOB and other tuners out there

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,445.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I've read some posts mentioning that shift bog is eliminated with Cobb, is this true? I have still been experiencing the bog on Stage 2 aggressive. I switched to sport, and haven't tried it out yet. I was just hoping the bog would be gone.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I've read some posts mentioning that shift bog is eliminated with Cobb, is this true? I have still been experiencing the bog on Stage 2 aggressive. I switched to sport, and haven't tried it out yet. I was just hoping the bog would be gone.
    Is your CDV deleted? Laloosh was one of the loudest complainers regarding shift bog and he claims it's gone. I can't relate anymore since I traded the manual N54 for an auto N54. It was quite bad though back in the JB3 2.0 / Procede V4 days. A little more so on the JB3 but still present on the Procede.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,445.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Is your CDV deleted? Laloosh was one of the loudest complainers regarding shift bog and he claims it's gone. I can't relate anymore since I traded the manual N54 for an auto N54. It was quite bad though back in the JB3 2.0 / Procede V4 days. A little more so on the JB3 but still present on the Procede.
    Yes, my CDV is deleted. The only thing I can think of is maybe the map is too aggressive for the conditions. Perhaps our 93oct is actually 93 which is very possible given that all the gas comes through a single nozzle. I'm probably getting an 87/93 mix. I'm going to the track on Wednesday night, I'm going to add 1 gallon of 100oct to my gas tank and switch to 93 aggressive and see how it goes.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Yes, my CDV is deleted. The only thing I can think of is maybe the map is too aggressive for the conditions. Perhaps our 93oct is actually 93 which is very possible given that all the gas comes through a single nozzle. I'm probably getting an 87/93 mix. I'm going to the track on Wednesday night, I'm going to add 1 gallon of 100oct to my gas tank and switch to 93 aggressive and see how it goes.
    You're overthinking things. If you bog, it's one of three things, it's either tune related, inducing a throttle closure in some form, or you have a possible hardware issue (e.g. vacuum leak). I'd try to capture this bog on a log and contact Cobb. They are very helpful.

    Just make sure you're completely lifted off throttle before you shift as if you touch the rev limiter you will induce a throttle closure.

    Or you could screw it all and get a WOTbox to 2step/FFS and never worry about bogging again.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,445.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    You're overthinking things. If you bog, it's one of three things, it's either tune related, inducing a throttle closure in some form, or you have a possible hardware issue (e.g. vacuum leak). I'd try to capture this bog on a log and contact Cobb. They are very helpful.

    Just make sure you're completely lifted off throttle before you shift as if you touch the rev limiter you will induce a throttle closure.

    Or you could screw it all and get a WOTbox to 2step/FFS and never worry about bogging again.
    I like the WOTbox idea. I'm going to get a few logs first and see what I find. It's just annoying to race somebody and not be able to rip through the gears. Strange thing is, the first pull I did from 2nd to 4th gear I never got a bog. I was like, "Damn, that was quick". Went out to the races about 2 hours later, and bogged every single shift.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,445.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Grabbed a speedo video yesterday just for fun. You can see the bog into 4th, and 5th. I guess I'll just have to shift slower until I have time to log and possibly trouble shoot.


  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,445.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Went to the track last night. Ran stage 2 aggressive and I ran a 13.01@109 with a 2.0 60'. Not to bad. A FBO Meth JB4 335i trapped 113. I was hoping for 110+ but maybe next time. Although these traps aren't awesome, it is for down here. The fastest 335i I've ever seen here was VIP tuning back in 2006 trapping 117.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Went to the track last night. Ran stage 2 aggressive and I ran a 13.01@109 with a 2.0 60'. Not to bad. A FBO Meth JB4 335i trapped 113. I was hoping for 110+ but maybe next time. Although these traps aren't awesome, it is for down here. The fastest 335i I've ever seen here was VIP tuning back in 2006 trapping 117.
    109 is stupid low, did you log any of your runs? I went 117-118 on the same map, hell i went 111-112 on stage 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •