Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    How many days per week do you have to dedicate to the gym? I could probably write you up a basic workout.
    Honestly? 7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Honestly? 7.
    I'll PM you when I have time to sit down and write it, then we'll discuss you diet and fix something up for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Don't do 7. Rest day is very important. 6 at the most.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

100 push ups in sets of 25, same for leg lifts, sit ups and pull up then hike 4 miles. Daily (maybe a day off on weekends). Seems to do the trick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

As far protein intake for muscle growth, do you just eat a bunch the day you work out or all the time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Another question, was doing abs today and my bench just kills my lower back. It folds down but it just hurts my back after a while. Also, I feel like my legs are doing a lot of work my abs should be if that makes sense.

Any recommended way to do abs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As far protein intake for muscle growth, do you just eat a bunch the day you work out or all the time?
    All the time. 4 Shakes a day for me = 100g extra protein that doesn't come from food. Depends on your weight and if you're trying to build muscle or just maintain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I avg about 88g a day from protein shakes every day, the rest of my protein comes from my meals (chicken, turkey, nuts (walnuts, peanuts, almonds). I'm no where near a fitness expert though, but for my body weight I have to intake at least 160g of protein a day... Would be a lot less for your weight, maybe around 125g a day...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    I avg about 88g a day from protein shakes every day, the rest of my protein comes from my meals (chicken, turkey, nuts (walnuts, peanuts, almonds). I'm no where near a fitness expert though, but for my body weight I have to intake at least 160g of protein a day... Would be a lot less for your weight, maybe around 125g a day...
    I'm mostly focusing on toning up but adding some muscle wouldn't hurt. I eat a lot of chicken every day, thinking about adding in a protein shake in the morning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm mostly focusing on toning up but adding some muscle wouldn't hurt. I eat a lot of chicken every day, thinking about adding in a protein shake in the morning.
    Not enough. You should intake as many grams of protein a day as lbs. of body weight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Not enough. You should intake as many grams of protein a day as lbs. of body weight.
    I heard some people say this was too much and simply an old rule? I trust it works though I just wonder how guys in prison add muscle without being able to intake this amount of protein.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL... I'm not intaking 250 grams of protein a day, that's Over-kill...

Best way to figure out how much protein you should intake is this:

Bodyweight / 1.5 = grams per day you intake
    For Example:

250 / 1.5 = 166 grams per day at a Minimum

One should also understand that the human body can only process 40-50 grams of protein per couple hours, so anymore than that in one serving is overkill (and your body won't use it properly)
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

One should also understand that the human body can only process 40-50 grams of protein per couple hours, so anymore than that in one serving is overkill (and your body won't use it properly)
    Good tip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

work out every other day every day is over kill.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    work out every other day every day is over kill.
    @Sticky, You can work out everyday, just have to make sure you target different groups / sections of the body... So upper-body: M-W-F (not to included abs because you can do those everyday if you wanted to), lower-body: T-Th-Sat. Cardio can be done everyday, just switch it up, so M:2-4 mile run (or walk if your so inclined), T: Elipitical or Bike for 30-45 minutes, W: 2-4 mile run/walk, Th: Elipitical or Bike, F: 2-4 mile run/walk, S: whatever you want...

Of course this is only a suggestion, you can change it to whatever fits you... I walk personally, because of an injury with the military, my right knee is in about as bad a shape as a 60-70 year old, so I only walk... But I do 2.5 miles in about 29-30 minutes at a pace of about 4.5-5mph...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What do you people think about that p90x workout, anyone here tried it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

What do you people think about that p90x workout, anyone here tried it?
    here is what i think about it 90% trash 10% useful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

here is what i think about it 90% trash 10% useful.
    Guess I'll stick to the gym at my job and my bowflex at home... Care to explain why it's 90% trash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Guess I'll stick to the gym at my job and my bowflex at home... Care to explain why it's 90% trash?
    1st of all the videos are way 2 $#@!ing long.... then there is like what 11 dvd's you need to watch...
    basically waste of time, because 90% of the exercises they show can be cut out and still build the same body strength with 10%. So they sold $200 worth of video for the same result you can get from a $20 video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1st of all the videos are way 2 $#@!ing long.... then there is like what 11 dvd's you need to watch...
    basically waste of time, because 90% of the exercises they show can be cut out and still build the same body strength with 10%. So they sold $200 worth of video for the same result you can get from a $20 video.
    Ahhh... So if it were free, then it'd be worth it... Click here to enlarge

My wife wants the video's... She refuses to go to the gym or use the bowflex, so I said, ok i'll get em for you, if they're worth the money.. But sounds like she'll watch one and never watch em again...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Ahhh... So if it were free, then it'd be worth it... Click here to enlarge

My wife wants the video's... She refuses to go to the gym or use the bowflex, so I said, ok i'll get em for you, if they're worth the money.. But sounds like she'll watch one and never watch em again...
    not even that im saying in general that's how they made money =D your wife will fall a sleep watching all the dvd's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

@Sticky , You can work out everyday, just have to make sure you target different groups / sections of the body... So upper-body: M-W-F (not to included abs because you can do those everyday if you wanted to), lower-body: T-Th-Sat. Cardio can be done everyday, just switch it up, so M:2-4 mile run (or walk if your so inclined), T: Elipitical or Bike for 30-45 minutes, W: 2-4 mile run/walk, Th: Elipitical or Bike, F: 2-4 mile run/walk, S: whatever you want...

Of course this is only a suggestion, you can change it to whatever fits you... I walk personally, because of an injury with the military, my right knee is in about as bad a shape as a 60-70 year old, so I only walk... But I do 2.5 miles in about 29-30 minutes at a pace of about 4.5-5mph...
    Considering I have been partying in Vegas for the past two days I think weeks of working out are in order. I'm scared to even step on the scales, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Some basics with Doutzen Kroes Click here to enlarge

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

My goal is going to be to get to 180 by my birthday. Damn Thanksgiving is going to throw things off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12