Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Detained then deported from Dubai

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I haven't gotten around to dyno'ing them but it's high time I do it. I'm leaving to Dubai for two weeks but as soon as I get back I'll put her on the same dyno I first did my stock dyno.
    Purpose of Dubai trip?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    don't forget to visit Ferrari world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Purpose of Dubai trip?

Just a vacation with the wife, although I will meet with a tuner who has worked on an engine that I may want to build my next drag car around.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    don't forget to visit Ferrari world.
    Hell NO I won't miss it I'm staying at the Yas hotel so it'll be an easy visit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Big baller! I'm going to North Dakota for my vacation Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris @ ardesign Click here to enlarge
    Lol oh yeah I'm so baller! Except for the little fact that as I write this I'm in a holding cell in dubai's airport await deportation because the immigration officer says that colombians "kill people are very violent" and they are questioning my income when I'm 26. So after a 14 hour flight from Atlanta I'm being held here for 27 hours until the next flight back to Atlanta(another 14 hours!) and my wife and my parents are sitting outside the airport pleading with everyone they can to let me go. Oh and I flew everyone here to celebrate my wifes birthday! And no I'm not kidding so right now North Dakota sounds baller as $#@!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris @ ardesign Click here to enlarge
    Lol oh yeah I'm so baller! Except for the little fact that as I write this I'm in a holding cell in dubai's airport await deportation because the immigration officer says that colombians "kill people are very violent" and they are questioning my income when I'm 26. So after a 14 hour flight from Atlanta I'm being held here for 27 hours until the next flight back to Atlanta(another 14 hours!) and my wife and my parents are sitting outside the airport pleading with everyone they can to let me go. Oh and I flew everyone here to celebrate my wifes birthday! And no I'm not kidding so right now North Dakota sounds baller as $#@!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their holding cells have Wi-Fi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their holding cells have Wi-Fi?
    whole airport has wifi including where I'm at, and I have an iPhone. It's slow but I'm bored.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whole airport has wifi including where I'm at, and I have an iPhone. It's slow but I'm bored.
    I'm just saying I could survive with Wi-Fi in a holding cell, that's kind of cool.

So what is the problem again? You are Colombian?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what is the problem again? You are Colombian?
    such a lame excuse. Iranian people blow places left and right in different countries, but i travel without getting even questioned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Supposedly they don't want to let me in because they are questioning where my income comes from. When I first walked up to passport control the guy sees my Colombian passport and puts his hand in the shape of a gun and goes "shoot shoot" so I'm like "what?" and he goes "in Colombian they kill many peoples very violent" at this point I'm thinking it's just a stupid joke so I tell him "yes there are some criminals in my country that make it look bad" he stamps my wifes passport and my parents but tells me to go with him. He takes me to some secondary inspection room and he hands me off to another officer and says a bunch of $#@! in Arabic and again makes his little gun thingy. He leaves and the new guy asks me who paid for the trip. I told him I did, he asked me who I paid for I told him everyone because we are here to celebrate my wifes birthday on the 18th. He says "how you pay for the trip" so I'm thinking he meant what I used to pay so I told him "my debit card" he says no "where you get your money from" I told him my business. He says "how do you make that much money in Colombia" I told him I live in the US and I own my own business. He says he will let me pass but I have to wire 25,000 as a security bond for the duration of my trip(I had already been asked to wire $2,000 when I applied for my visa) so I tell him yes. Turns out that is just a test, he says "you see someone 26 who just paid for his whole family to travel to UAE should not have that much money to wire and also money to spend for 2 weeks in the UAE if his business is ok" I told him I would take it from my business account and that I didn't have that much to spend only to use while I'm here as a deposit. He says that I need a "letter of good conduct from USA and Colombian goverments and that I have 24 hours to get them because Friday and Saturday are legal days off here and they vband hold me in detention until then" so it's either I get those two letters or I'm gone on friday. Well keep in mind I already went through a visa process and got approved, if they had questions about my income why not ask then? Also my whole family is here and I don't really have anyone to go get those types of letters in time. So here I sit awaiting to be put on a plane in 3.5hours since I wasn't able to come up with those letters. And everyone I talk to here seems to think that's perfectly reasonable! I was pissed as hell a few hours ago but now I just want to get the $#@! out of here. Sucks because my wife is refusing to stay so she'll comeback with me but I convinced my parents to stay that way I don't waste all the money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sucks man, sucks. You should have said i'm a Hitman and i have orders to kill Abu Dhabi's shaikh. what a $#@!ing stupid reason to get you deported.
    it never happened for me and i traveled to UAE more than 100 times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is insane man Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm back home after a 15 hour flight. At least I made it in time to attend No Mercy in SGMP. Biggest races of the year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm back home after a 15 hour flight. At least I made it in time to attend No Mercy in SGMP. Biggest races of the year.
    So they wouldn't let you in eh? Ridiculous, sorry man. I'll cross Dubai off the list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn this is so hectic. Sorry about your experience. Wont be going there again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Retards, too young to make that much money, really? I guess they've never seen the children of the Amir's and Shiekh's there. Over there if you aren't related to the royal families, then you are a second class citizen.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Note to self do not visit Dubai.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What a $#@!in lame excuse. Like you are gonna go there and be violent with your family. $#@! Dubai...there are other nice places to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Talk about hypocrites!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn man..... $#@! Dubai for real man
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would contacting a rep from the US embassy help you in that situation? Is there even a US Embassy in Dubai?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    What a $#@!in lame excuse. Like you are gonna go there and be violent with your family. $#@! Dubai...there are other nice places to go.
    These pricks take their families on planes to go and blow $#@! up.... have you seen their "drifting" videos ?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xerox445 Click here to enlarge
    Would contacting a rep from the US embassy help you in that situation? Is there even a US Embassy in Dubai?
    I'm sure it would help a US Citizen but since I'm just a permanent resident they wouldn't be able to do anything for me. And really I would have been screwed anyways because in the middle east Friday is the day off so all the embassies were closed that day. The funniest part is that I had packed two pretty big bags since I was gonna be there two weeks. Well even though I asked several times to make sure they put my suitcases on the return plane when I got here yesterday guess what? No bags! Delta has no idea where there at so we'll see. To be fair though my parents stayed and they are having a great time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is ridiculous, I feel very sorry for you. $#@! that country, will never go there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like you should have a good lawyer on speed dial next time around.
    Surely a baller like you has a lawyer, no?Click here to enlarge

Sucks to hear, I would have been incensed!Click here to enlarge
    I have no interest in going to any of those sand pit countries, no offense to our mid east members.
    There's plenty of other awesome places to visit.Click here to enlarge
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast