Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The hood design (which is the same on the F10) is like that because of new crash test requirements in Europe, I don't remember specifically but apparently they had to do it that way...or something.

I hope what I said before wasn't taken out of context, I love Audis (except for the way they drive) I think they look great but I think BMW's styling has evolved more than Audi's over the past few generations. If you disagree, that's fine.

And yes Sticky, I do remember the E39 generation...I know some criticized BMW for the same sausage, different lengths philosophy but care to guess what my favorite BMWs are when it comes to styling? I'll give you a hint: E39 generation. So you can probably see why we disagree on this.

Actually I retract that last part, my absolute favorites are the cars of the E28/E34 5 series generation, E39 is a close second.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    And yes Sticky, I do remember the E39 generation...I know some criticized BMW for the same sausage, different lengths philosophy but care to guess what my favorite BMWs are when it comes to styling? I'll give you a hint: E39 generation. So you can probably see why we disagree on this.
    The E39 is a classic. But the same old BMW lines won't get it done any longer. Not with Mercedes and Audi pushing the styling envelope. The E39 was nice, but the E60 was necessary. Like it or not, Bangle kicked BMW into the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123