Close

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 335i vs. M3 E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wait...what are your 335i's making for power? Did you crack 400whp on pump gas yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BASELINE Click here to enlarge
    Wait...what are your 335i's making for power? Did you crack 400whp on pump gas yet?
    some have i believe, have any of your M's done that on pumpgas, not FI? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what is the verdict?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thats neither the point or the question...no offense, but sounds a bit like the usual "Civic owner's argument". I'm not hating on the 335i...I had the chance to spend some time with one, and i think its a great car. But as far as Turbo cars go...its not really a "Great" tuning platform to be out there bragging about. If the car makes 275whp stock, I will be impressed when I see at least 175% of that modded on pump gas. Most turbocharged cars do that tuned from stock, especially at these "lower" power levels. There hasn't been a slew of turbo kits out there for this thing either as was expected; I fear the block just can't take it for a reliable period of time, and thats whats keeping developments for this thing so tame. For reference my old fart Audi S4 came from the factory with 200whp, and when I sold her...she was running 430whp reliably on pump gas and bone stock from valve cover to oilpan; just turbos, fueling, tuning, and pipes. That is just an example...but there are tons of others...even the GT-R at 420whp stock is seeing that 175% with turbo upgrades...and the kits out for it are a plenty already.

When you think the M3 is a very small displacement V8...its actually doing fairly well. And even drivers and both well modded...its a drivers race; run for a little distance and the balance tilts in the M3s favor if anything. And the "NOT FI" is kinda silly...Why not? LOL Cause now it's "not fair?" I could name a few other 6 cylinder FI engines that wouldn't care to run an FI M3.

You can't argue with the value the 335i represents...its a lot car for the money, and with some well thought out add-ons its a fast car...giving more $$ cars a run for their money.

My long winded point is....the 335i as a turbo tuning platform is very limited. I feel the continued $#@!ting on the M3 is like the pot calling the kettle black. And thats not even going into the fact that the owning and driving experience in a car is far more than just how fast it goes.

Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thats neither the point or the question...no offense, but sounds a bit like the usual "Civic owner's argument". I'm not hating on the 335i...I had the chance to spend some time with one, and i think its a great car. But as far as Turbo cars go...its not really a "Great" tuning platform to be out there bragging about. If the car makes 275whp stock, I will be impressed when I see at least 175% of that modded on pump gas. Most turbocharged cars do that tuned from stock, especially at these "lower" power levels. There hasn't been a slew of turbo kits out there for this thing either as was expected; I fear the block just can't take it for a reliable period of time, and thats whats keeping developments for this thing so tame. For reference my old fart Audi S4 came from the factory with 200whp, and when I sold her...she was running 430whp reliably on pump gas and bone stock from valve cover to oilpan; just turbos, fueling, tuning, and pipes. That is just an example...but there are tons of others...even the GT-R at 420whp stock is seeing that 175% with turbo upgrades...and the kits out for it are a plenty already.

When you think the M3 is a very small displacement V8...its actually doing fairly well. And even drivers and both well modded...its a drivers race; run for a little distance and the balance tilts in the M3s favor if anything. And the "NOT FI" is kinda silly...Why not? LOL Cause now it's "not fair?" I could name a few other 6 cylinder FI engines that wouldn't care to run an FI M3.

You can't argue with the value the 335i represents...its a lot car for the money, and with some well thought out add-ons its a fast car...giving more $$ cars a run for their money.

My long winded point is....the 335i as a turbo tuning platform is very limited. I feel the continued $#@!ting on the M3 is like the pot calling the kettle black. And thats not even going into the fact that the owning and driving experience in a car is far more than just how fast it goes.

Cheers
    ok, show me a 175% increase over stock on a turbo car,pumpgas w/ stock engine and stock fueling, since we havent gotten that far Click here to enlarge fueling is our current limitation.
    also, noone is "hating" on M3's. but i guess you own one and feel threatened. No one said it wasnt fair, but you asked a retarded question.. "400hp on pump?" so a asked you the same, without FI, never said it was cheating. run what ya brung, if you cant keeep up, then shut up Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    some have i believe, have any of your M's done that on pumpgas, not FI? Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't make any sense to compare NA to FI and yes, M's have cracked 400 whp on pump gas NA.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Cheers
    Amazing, one of the few who get it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ok, show me a 175% increase over stock on a turbo car,pumpgas w/ stock engine and stock fueling, since we havent gotten that far Click here to enlarge fueling is our current limitation.
    also, noone is "hating" on M3's. but i guess you own one and feel threatened. No one said it wasnt fair, but you asked a retarded question.. "400hp on pump?" so a asked you the same, without FI, never said it was cheating. run what ya brung, if you cant keeep up, then shut up Click here to enlarge
    I gave you two examples in my original post...if you do a quick search you will find all the proof you need, 2.7Ts cracking 400whp on pump are a dime a dozen; mind you that was just a couple examples...I could go on. Fueling is the limitation? So the hold up has been throwing in some bigger injectors and a better fuel pump...thats the hold up?Click here to enlarge I really like the 335i, and I wanted it so bad to be the next 2JZ-GTE, but its fallen terribly short of my expectations as far as potential. A good friend of mine who is a tuner here in CT just did some turbos on a 335 and did a custom tune, i'm going to find out what it made...it would be interesting to see. Hope he put up some big numbers.

My question was retarded? How so? It was a genuine Q, and I thought it was a valid one especially after seeing as though even you in your greater knowledge of the N54 couldn't answer it conclusively; and don't start throwing digs around, I thought we were grown ups in here.

I feel threatened? LOL, dude you're hilarious if you think I care that much if someone owns a faster car. And again you're assuming I own an M3...not sure why. I'm speaking objectively, as I'm in the market for another car. I don't own an M3, but its on my short list of potential acquisitions. I was thinking about a GT-R, but after borrowing a friends for a few days, I'm not sure if I'd want it as a daily, I have a C6Z06 I tool around in on the weekends, and want something more practical. I'm thinking either an E60M5 or a 4door DCT M3 with a Stage 2+ SC would look good in my garage, and would be a good replacement for my S4. Click here to enlarge Too bad I sold her last year cause I would definitely not be the one shutting up in this case...especially seeing as though you only do digs...haha.

Seriously though, i'll try to get some info on that 335i my friend's shop just did....keep you all posted. I wouldn't be surprised if he put it out as a kit...and that would be solid. His Audi and Porsche stuff is VERY good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I really like the 335i, and I wanted it so bad to be the next 2JZ-GTE, but its fallen terribly short of my expectations as far as potential.
    It isn't a 2JZ-GTE and it never will be. Many N54 owners have ridiculous expectations and have let this motor go to their head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I personally dont think the N54 is the next 2JZ. I see the N54 as a very good tuning platform contrary to BASELINE. I dont see how you can not agree with that. Dollar for dollar you can squeeze more power percent-wise out of an N54 than the NA V8, cant argue with this.

I like the N54 because its stout for what it is, not the best motor in the world nor do I claim it. But it has proven itself to be quite the peppy little motor. Chip + meth and you are at 400 whp, that's not too shabby in my book. No one is expecting to make 1000 whp on an N54, at least I'm not.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I personally dont think the N54 is the next 2JZ. I see the N54 as a very good tuning platform contrary to BASELINE. I dont see how you can not agree with that. Dollar for dollar you can squeeze more power percent-wise out of an N54 than the NA V8, cant argue with this.

I like the N54 because its stout for what it is, not the best motor in the world nor do I claim it. But it has proven itself to be quite the peppy little motor. Chip + meth and you are at 400 whp, that's not too shabby in my book. No one is expecting to make 1000 whp on an N54, at least I'm not.
    What NA motor can you squeeze more out of dollar for dollar than ANY forced induction motor?

At least you have realistic expectations, many don't. Some of these people with N54's seem to think they have Veyrons, the motor hasn't even hit 600 whp yet or trapped 130 without nitrous. Direct injection comes with its own set of challenges.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nothing is wrong with it being a Nissan, just like nothing is wrong with Lexus. The LF-A still is way too upscale for that nameplate and something similar applies to the GTR. I just would rather have a BMW M3 which is better all around especially inside as well. I have a preference and I just don't feel the same way about the GTR as I do the M3 or BMW in general.

It isn't a supercar, calling it a supercar is an insult to the term and all real supercars. It is an AWD twin turbo car, big deal.

I've driven several, I was in the market, remember? The GTR is numb, just a big robot. It feels big as hell as too. RWD is more exciting, mid 11's means nothing in the canyon where the M3's better balance and RWD makes for a more exciting ride. Just like how a GT3 is more exciting than a 911 turbo.

The aftermarket coming out for the M3 is unreal and I'm helping fuel it.
    Sticky i have been reading on this forum for a while now and i have agreed with allot of things that you have said but to say the gtr is over rated is outrageous! If you dont like the car thats ok because everyone can have there opinion. The car does 0-60 in 3.5 sec, 1/4 in 11.60, ran around the ring in 7.27, and around a track it has smacked around every single variant of the 997(tt,gt2,gt3) that the mags have cared to test. Every track every venue the gtr is ALWAYS faster. Yes the m3 is lighter but it cant do ANYTHING better than a gtr except the more direct feel. And remember the m3 isnt all that much cheaper either. I believe that nissan forced porsche to come out with the 997.2 and raise the bar so much for them selves, and even though the p-car does 0-60 quicker now it still got beat around the track when the mags tested the car. So if you want to say its and insult to the word "super car" how about the cars that are triple the price, 700lb lighter, and slower in every single performance test, maybe thats the insult!!! I think the exotics for lazy for a while and the zr1, acr viper, and gtr have forced them to get there acts together!! Look at the ring times those names i just mentioned are at the top of the list and not the lambos,porschs. So like what you want but the car IS NOT OVERRATED.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Sticky i have been reading on this forum for a while now and i have agreed with allot of things that you have said but to say the gtr is over rated is outrageous! If you dont like the car thats ok because everyone can have there opinion. The car does 0-60 in 3.5 sec, 1/4 in 11.60, ran around the ring in 7.27, and around a track it has smacked around every single variant of the 997(tt,gt2,gt3) that the mags have cared to test. Every track every venue the gtr is ALWAYS faster. Yes the m3 is lighter but it cant do ANYTHING better than a gtr except the more direct feel. And remember the m3 isnt all that much cheaper either. I believe that nissan forced porsche to come out with the 997.2 and raise the bar so much for them selves, and even though the p-car does 0-60 quicker now it still got beat around the track when the mags tested the car. So if you want to say its and insult to the word "super car" how about the cars that are triple the price, 700lb lighter, and slower in every single performance test, maybe thats the insult!!! I think the exotics for lazy for a while and the zr1, acr viper, and gtr have forced them to get there acts together!! Look at the ring times those names i just mentioned are at the top of the list and not the lambos,porschs. So like what you want but the car IS NOT OVERRATED.
    First, you misunderstand, I like the car very much. It could easily argued I would have had a lot less headaches if I bought a GTR instead and definitely would have an easier platform to modify.

That said, you have to be insane to believe Nissan's lap times on the ring. The car doesn't defy physics, it isn't lapping faster than a Carrera GT. Nissan has made the ring a big joke and people who just focus on numbers are buying into it. Think about it logically. Hell, look at US magazine comparisons, the GTR doesn't do near the lap times Nissan's propaganda would have you believe.

I know the M3 isn't all that much cheaper, trust me.

The 997.2 was coming anyway, the switch from the GT1 block was inevitable. If you think Porsche bases their products around the GTR you are kidding yourself.

The porsche loses around the track because rear engine just can't evolve much further. The GTR has all the best brand new technology and a better layout. Porsche is just sticking to their antiquated ways. You take a Cayman and give it some serious power, it will run circles around the GTR.

Yes, the GTR is overrated and overhyped. A great car, but not a supercar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I just want to add that I rape m3s with my 335i. I haven't race a supercharged one yet neither one spraying nitrous but I have raced a few that have all the bolts on. Pulley, intake, exhaust, chip, etc and they don't stand a chance. With spray I think they will keep up but not win. I also raced a isf with a few mods and a 100 shot of nitrous and I beat him too. I will give the isf this at about 140 with the meth turned off he started to creep on me. To me that's pretty impressive I was actually kinda of nervous about that isf
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    I just want to add that I rape m3s with my 335i. I haven't race a supercharged one yet neither one spraying nitrous but I have raced a few that have all the bolts on. Pulley, intake, exhaust, chip, etc and they don't stand a chance. With spray I think they will keep up but not win. I also raced a isf with a few mods and a 100 shot of nitrous and I beat him too. I will give the isf this at about 140 with the meth turned off he started to creep on me. To me that's pretty impressive I was actually kinda of nervous about that isf
    With spray the M3 will win, handily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I haven't seen any nitrous'd M3's. What kind of numbers do they put down with no FI (i.e. boost, just NA + nitrous).
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen any nitrous'd M3's. What kind of numbers do they put down with no FI (i.e. boost, just NA + nitrous).
    Depends on the nitrous setup: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Nitrous-on-S65

A direct port setup would flat out crush you and any other N54, period, no offense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Idk the m3 was no where near me or the isf. I'm talking about he might as well be standing still like 5 cars be hide us
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Idk the m3 was no where near me or the isf. I'm talking about he might as well be standing still like 5 cars be hide us
    Depends, I've crushed my fair share of 335's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

only one way to find out and remember my car is far from stock Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

only one way to find out and remember my car is far from stock Click here to enlarge
    You are in luck, mine is stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

no mods at all?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    no mods at all?
    Nope, never been into modding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

aw Click here to enlarge so what 335s do you beat? stocks ones or semi stock? I love racing other 335s Click here to enlarge its so much funnier when you win. I think the only one that has ever beat me was a small run i did with oddjob. he showed me how much of a difference an lsd does when we took off i was stuck spinning my tires and he was gone lol thats why i only really race from rolls
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nope, never been into modding.
    You sold everything? you dont even have a $#@!ing x-pipe?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast