Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 335i vs. M3 E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

HAHA!! this is great!

335is has DCT sticky, time to get you in a 335i hahaha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

lol. great thread..."OH NO, OH NO"..that was awesome. Ive had my car for a year and I still havent found an M3 that wants to race, I guess this is why. BTW I dont know how it is in socal but in south florida, its most of the M3 owners that are the immature, rich kids who dont know how to drive, while the modding enthusiasts are running with 335's, just my .02 cents

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    lol. great thread..."OH NO, OH NO"..that was awesome. Ive had my car for a year and I still havent found an M3 that wants to race, I guess this is why. BTW I dont know how it is in socal but in south florida, its most of the M3 owners that are the immature, rich kids who dont know how to drive, while the modding enthusiasts are running with 335's, just my .02 cents
    Hi there.

Im from florida too and I can tell you I have raced many M3s here and none have been able to hang with my car. Most of them show respect and give me thumbs up but other get pissed off. Once a guy in a e90 m3 pulled his windows down and pointed to his kid in the back seat after he lost a stoplight GP against me as if the kid was the reason for me to pull ahead.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Hi there.

...Once a guy in a e90 m3 pulled his windows down and pointed to his kid in the back seat after he lost a stoplight GP against me as if the kid was the reason for me to pull ahead.

lol...thats hilarious..Ive tried to race pretty much every M3 I see and no one wants to run it. I guess they get scared when they see the FMIC Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

lol...thats hilarious..Ive tried to race pretty much every M3 I see and no one wants to run it. I guess they get scared when they see the FMIC Click here to enlarge
    I think I have seen your car around. Do you live by Aventura?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I live in Ft.Lauderdale but my Mom lives in Aventura so Im always there..was it a Black E90 with Black rims?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I live in Ft.Lauderdale but my Mom lives in Aventura so Im always there..was it a Black E90 with Black rims?
    No, not black rims. I guess it isn't you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alot of modding enthusiasts are also running with civics, evos, and sti's....like someone already stated most M3 owners have no intention of modifying their cars or going in a straight line down the freeway...and fortunatley the 335's FI motor is alot easier to squeeze power out of, just like any other turbo car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, I disagree and I would rather have a tuned M3 than a tuned GTR. Not into Nissan's.

997 turbo didn't have PDK at the time, didn't want an Auto.
    I'd rather have my e36 m3 then the GTR. OOOOoooo wait I have my e36 m3 already.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    alot of modding enthusiasts are also running with civics, evos, and sti's....like someone already stated most M3 owners have no intention of modifying their cars or going in a straight line down the freeway...and fortunatley the 335's FI motor is alot easier to squeeze power out of, just like any other turbo car
    Agreed, but we're not talking about civics, evos, or sti's... I could have bought an Evo or Sti and tune it, but it wouldnt be a bimmer Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Agreed, but we're not talking about civics, evos, or sti's... I could have bought an Evo or Sti and tune it, but it wouldnt be a bimmer Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, you can build an EVO or Mustang for cheaper than any of this but it is about more than just performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You have to on crack to pick a M3 over a new GTR, sorry.

M3's are very nice, but serioulsy.

ive raced a few modded M3's and beat them, Infact i ran a I/E/pullied E60 M5 and got it by 1 car from 40-140...

these 335i are VERY impressive. Im very suprised with mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Qmax03 Click here to enlarge
    You have to on crack to pick a M3 over a new GTR, sorry.

M3's are very nice, but serioulsy.

ive raced a few modded M3's and beat them, Infact i ran a I/E/pullied E60 M5 and got it by 1 car from 40-140...

these 335i are VERY impressive. Im very suprised with mine.
    Ya well, some people have said anyone who pays 80k for a Nissan is on crack...

The GTR is the most overated, over-hyped vehicle in history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want an M3 with the N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocbimmer Click here to enlarge
    I want an M3 with the N54
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you driven a new GTR ? its simply amazing, i been in countless new M3's , and yes they drive very nice, they handle great , they sound nice, etc... but the GTR is just in a diffrent leauge... the grip, the power is unreal.. who cares if its a NISSAN.. whats wrong with that ? its not a kia.. lol

80k is not bad AT ALL for a supercar , AWD, Twinturbo , runs mid 11's stock, and can be Daily driven .. plus with all the aftermarket they got coming out for that car its unreal , you need to drive one to appreciate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Qmax03 Click here to enlarge
    Have you driven a new GTR ? its simply amazing, i been in countless new M3's , and yes they drive very nice, they handle great , they sound nice, etc... but the GTR is just in a diffrent leauge... the grip, the power is unreal.. who cares if its a NISSAN.. whats wrong with that ? its not a kia.. lol

80k is not bad AT ALL for a supercar , AWD, Twinturbo , runs mid 11's stock, and can be Daily driven .. plus with all the aftermarket they got coming out for that car its unreal , you need to drive one to appreciate it.
    Nothing is wrong with it being a Nissan, just like nothing is wrong with Lexus. The LF-A still is way too upscale for that nameplate and something similar applies to the GTR. I just would rather have a BMW M3 which is better all around especially inside as well. I have a preference and I just don't feel the same way about the GTR as I do the M3 or BMW in general.

It isn't a supercar, calling it a supercar is an insult to the term and all real supercars. It is an AWD twin turbo car, big deal.

I've driven several, I was in the market, remember? The GTR is numb, just a big robot. It feels big as hell as too. RWD is more exciting, mid 11's means nothing in the canyon where the M3's better balance and RWD makes for a more exciting ride. Just like how a GT3 is more exciting than a 911 turbo.

The aftermarket coming out for the M3 is unreal and I'm helping fuel it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing is wrong with it being a Nissan, just like nothing is wrong with Lexus. The LF-A still is way too upscale for that nameplate and something similar applies to the GTR. I just would rather have a BMW M3 which is better all around especially inside as well. I have a preference and I just don't feel the same way about the GTR as I do the M3 or BMW in general.

It isn't a supercar, calling it a supercar is an insult to the term and all real supercars. It is an AWD twin turbo car, big deal.

I've driven several, I was in the market, remember? The GTR is numb, just a big robot. It feels big as hell as too. RWD is more exciting, mid 11's means nothing in the canyon where the M3's better balance and RWD makes for a more exciting ride. Just like how a GT3 is more exciting than a 911 turbo.

The aftermarket coming out for the M3 is unreal and I'm helping fuel it.
    +1

if you want a "true" skyline look at an R33 or R34...an actual drivers car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I do love the R34. A far better looking car then the R35.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey guys just to clear things up my next car will be either a M3 or C63 +P31 so figure it yourself even if i beat my friends M3 its still the better car end of discussion!

BTW we will do some runs during this weekend, M3 has more mods on now so we will post the result either way.

Have fun guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ummm, I live in Miami. And I drive up north a lot to Ft. Lauderdale and Boca. And I can tell you there's a lot of rich kids with M3's..... that probably don't know how to drive, but they sure as heck aren't the majority. I had a 135i, with a BUNCH of goodies. As a matter of fact I was the only person I knew that had as much done as I did, that was more than a year ago and the only thing I was waiting for was the Rob Beck turbos. I even had the M3 suspension bits and coilovers. The 135i performance is superior to the 335i's in many ways. Its nimbler, its lighter, its also a bit faster. I also got to race bikes, M3's, Evo's and Turbo Civics. And I traded in my 135i for my M3, and honestly have not looked back ONCE. Yes, the 135i and 335i offer exceptional performance for the price. But anyone saying or stating or THINKING that a 335i (or 135i for that matter) are all round better than an M3, are just lying to themselves. This of course, is my opinion and mine only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zamm3k Click here to enlarge
    Ummm, I live in Miami. And I drive up north a lot to Ft. Lauderdale and Boca. And I can tell you there's a lot of rich kids with M3's..... that probably don't know how to drive, but they sure as heck aren't the majority. I had a 135i, with a BUNCH of goodies. As a matter of fact I was the only person I knew that had as much done as I did, that was more than a year ago and the only thing I was waiting for was the Rob Beck turbos. I even had the M3 suspension bits and coilovers. The 135i performance is superior to the 335i's in many ways. Its nimbler, its lighter, its also a bit faster. I also got to race bikes, M3's, Evo's and Turbo Civics. And I traded in my 135i for my M3, and honestly have not looked back ONCE. Yes, the 135i and 335i offer exceptional performance for the price. But anyone saying or stating or THINKING that a 335i (or 135i for that matter) are all round better than an M3, are just lying to themselves. This of course, is my opinion and mine only.
    What do you like better about the M3 besides looks? Do you auto-cross or go to road-courses? I'm just curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zamm3k Click here to enlarge
    Of course you would say that, you have an M3 Click here to enlarge..but comparing a 135 to an M3 is apples and oranges. If i had a 135 and got an M3 I wouldnt look back either, but when you compare 3 series to 3 series, the only thing the M3 has over the 335 is looks and suspension, and that can be upgraded very easily in the 335. Btw, the majority of M3 owners down here are the rich kids with money that dont know how to drive...Hell, I was in my brothers IS-F the other day and we raced an M3 w/intake and exhaust. We ran from 60 and pulled on him by 3.5 cars..he then pulls up and says "I was in 4th gear" lol..4th gear at 60mph lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    What do you like better about the M3 besides looks? Do you auto-cross or go to road-courses? I'm just curious.
    No. Unfortunately I've only tracked the M once, and the 135i twice. But right off the bat you can tell the M3 belongs in the track, and the 135i, even with its M3 suspension bits, and better tires and a bunch of engine upgrades, still didn't feel as confident, or comfortable in the track. Personally, there are a lot of things I prefer in the M3, but its all relative. It changes from person to person. The engine is by far my favorite over the 135i. I'm sure a lot of N54 owners would agree. If they don't, well they'll have their reasons. The N54 is way more upgradable than the S65, but lets face facts; you need to be able to put the power to the ground. Then you need to be able to turn that power from side to side (I'm referring to handling). I think the turbo engines are ridiculously fun, but their torque, on a rear wheel drive car can sometimes be a bit too much. I think the C63 is fine example. 335i and 135i's are all LSD-LESS, which means that, having more torque than the M3 does, still can't put it down to the ground. I can go on and on about so many details, but as I said, we all have reasons to owning the cars we own.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast