Close

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 335i vs. M3 E92

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dont get upset over this because I own a yamaha, but the 1k gixxer will clean up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    honda rc211v is actually the best
    MotoGP it the top tier to show what the motors are capable of

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can we race already?

Drew: The 6speed's 7.86 time was probably a very fast time (low fuel, decline, cold weather, etc.) for the car. Normally, they pull mid 8s in stock form in normal conditions.
    SUPERFASTHD
    V I M E O | Y O U T U B E

06 | LAMBO GALLARDO
    09 | BMW E60 535I

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    Can we race already?

Drew: The 6speed's 7.86 time was probably a very fast time (low fuel, decline, cold weather, etc.) for the car. Normally, they pull mid 8s in stock form in normal conditions.
    It was in good conditions, BP was around 30 but it was on a nearly flat road, it wasn't cold out and it was during the day. He ran plenty of very low 8's in 70 degree high humidity weather as well, I'm sure had he ran at the track that day he'd trapped near 130, based on that time.

I think you make a great point about some of the Gallardo videos, but the Z if not driven properly can appear slower than it is as well, starting in the wrong gear, etc. I know if I'm in the wrong gear I can loose as much as 2-3 cars! I just ran an the new Ferrari Italia 458, which has beaten or matched the ZR1 and PDK in all the new performance test #'s.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...he-Moment-quot
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    It was in good conditions, BP was around 30 but it was on a nearly flat road, it wasn't cold out and it was during the day. He ran plenty of very low 8's in 70 degree high humidity weather as well, I'm sure had he ran at the track that day he'd trapped near 130, based on that time.

I think you make a great point about some of the Gallardo videos, but the Z if not driven properly can appear slower than it is as well, starting in the wrong gear, etc. I know if I'm in the wrong gear I can loose as much as 2-3 cars! I just ran an the new Ferrari Italia 458, which has beaten or matched the ZR1 and PDK in all the new performance test #'s.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...he-Moment-quot
    I commented there too. I personally think that, if I were lined up with a stock or even lightly modded (intake or exhaust only car) Z06, I would pull slightly, even given that drivers were equal. Any more than that, I will not make it.
    SUPERFASTHD
    V I M E O | Y O U T U B E

06 | LAMBO GALLARDO
    09 | BMW E60 535I

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    I commented there too. I personally think that, if I were lined up with a stock or even lightly modded (intake or exhaust only car) Z06, I would pull slightly, even given that drivers were equal. Any more than that, I will not make it.
    Only one way to find out! Would love to see that run Dan.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    Wow....you got personal. And this whole time i thought MAYBE i was dealing with someone that while even though you were a headstrung dick about cars you might have a little class.

But. you don't. You are everything i assumed you were....

No wonder you spend so much of your time on car forums.

Keep adding to that post count champ.
    Why so sensitive? You tell a Z06 owner you aren't worshiping his car and he gets bent out of shape. I have nothing against you, why do you continue to get so upset over car forums? I find it depressing you make negative assumptions and post based on predispositions.

Your little "no class" speech is a bit one sided as you seem to be focusing on me and missing an entire negative series of posts from someone else. I suggest you kick back and relax, I have nothing against the guy and was joking around as I'm sure he is as well. Either that, or I'm really getting to him and to you.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    It is a joke when u consider the way sticky talks up the m3. All out effort vs a stock car? Good job? All that is rational gets throw out the second d sticky hits the submit button. You should know this by now.
    Someone is getting cranky Click here to enlarge

Rational thought gets thrown out when you decide to support your argument with a z06 running 129 stock yet that trap speed doesn't hold up to running head to head. It also gets thrown out the window when your argument just isn't very good and you have taken a thread completely off topic trying to argue against M3's with a different car. You whine about money, then whine bolt on's, then trap speeds from the east coast, don't you get it yet? The M3 is actually an awesome platform for power potential and you live in a boring world where everyone drives Z06's and needs a Chevy Small block for big power, exciting. The M3 and Z06 both aren't even in your driveway and who knows if they ever will be.

Now you saw the run with the Italia which is a much faster car than the Z06, probably faster than bolt on Z06's. Wonder if that will open your eyes or if you need my rational thought to continue to straighten you out since you simply don't know what you are talking about. Want to argue M3 vs. Viper or maybe the GTR now since your car still isn't in the discussion?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How old are you? I feel like I am talking to a child. I know a good therapist if you need one man, cause I think you are actually starting to believe the bull$#@! you type. Thats actually scary.

I also know how to cure the little dick sydrom you appear to be suffering from based on your post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How old are you? I feel like I am talking to a child. I know a good therapist if you need one man, cause I think you are actually starting to believing the bull$#@! you type. Thats actually scary.
    Ok then, since you've run out of cars belonging to other people to talk about I think it is about time to just quit with the petty nonsense.

If you want to believe the Z06 is the messiah that is your business. It is a very nice car with a great motor that is lightweight and appealing to some.

The fact that a BMW M3 only needs a blower to outperform it while carrying more weight and having back seats all for less money is a testament to the M3's strength as a performance platform. Ultimately, Z06's will be faster when taken to the highest level as many more owners modify them and strapping a couple of turbos on a built 427 provides for some amazing results. That type of setup is not cheap however and it is amazing to me that what is a cheaper sport sedan can exceed anything a motor almost twice the size can do in naturally aspirated form. With forced induction, they are basically neck and neck on the stock internals, yet another testament to M3's strength, build quality, and efficiency. The bull$#@! that was typed was from you when you said modifying the M3 was a waste of money, it was not fast, and you could make the Z06 faster with just basic bolt on's. Don't spread ridiculous crap like that and expect no one to call you on it. If an SC M3 can exceed a freaking 458 Italia and trap over 130 on pump gas it isn't a waste, it is absolutely amazing and goes to show how impressive BMW's are as all around cars. It will always be a better all around car than a Z06, remember that.

It was all fun and games and I'm not offended at all by you taking this thread off topic like a child who couldn't get his way when discussing the 335. I think the discussion has been exhausted at this point as there is no longer any automotive discussion coming from you and you have continually taken a negative and petty tone because someone provides their perspective who actually has experience with the cars you are discussing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why so sensitive? You tell a Z06 owner you aren't worshiping his car and he gets bent out of shape. I have nothing against you, why do you continue to get so upset over car forums? I find it depressing you make negative assumptions and post based on predispositions.

Your little "no class" speech is a bit one sided as you seem to be focusing on me and missing an entire negative series of posts from someone else. I suggest you kick back and relax, I have nothing against the guy and was joking around as I'm sure he is as well. Either that, or I'm really getting to him and to you.
    I'm not upset at all. I was never upset. I think you're posts are comical if anything.
    I could care less if you worship any car (but we all know what you worship don't we)....let alone mine. Like i said in my previous post. as long as you are happy with what you have thats all that matters.

It's your douchy nature and the fact that you can't let this subject go thats frustrating. As stated above. it's like talking to a child. I feel like i'm talking to my2 year old daughter when i tell her that all the flavors of the lollipops are good when she sits there and says "NO, ONLY CHERRY!"
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still typing paragraphs while ignoring results? If its over 4-5 line I simply stop reading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel like i'm talking to my daughter when i tell her that all the flavors of the lollipops are good when she sits there and says "NO, ONLY CHERRY!"
    You have a brilliant a daughter.

It's your douchy nature and the fact that you can't let this subject go thats frustrating.
    Let the subject go? The subject was not started by me but I most certainly will finish it. I'm not sure why you are telling me to let the subject go when you are continuing to post on it after asking for it to be closed?

If you want to debate the topic at hand, by all means, but talking about daughter and attempting to insult me isn't exactly doing that, now is it? I won't comment on your nature as I don't believe I know you well enough to make that determination, maybe something you could learn from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If its over 4-5 line I simply stop reading.
    That's probably the problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I said I would most likely loose to this setup (below), even though we both ran the exact same 60-130, it has a cam.

7.06 - C6 Z06; intake, tune, headers, cam, no cats, 560 rwhp, 2-shifts
    Stock is 7.86
    This is exactly correct.

Like I have said the entire thread, the Z06 will need to touch the heads and cam to run even/win and basic bolt on's won't cut it so Laloosh simply does not know what he is talking about and just doesn't understand the SC M3's or their speed. Stating you can make the Z06 faster than an SC'd M3 with basic bolt on's is simply incorrect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Spare me. My point is that you're beating a dead horse. and by you doing so you're providing me a little comic relief while at work.

You won't rest until everyone agree's with you. which will never happen. Thats why i'm saying you should let it go.
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Spare me. My point is that you're beating a dead horse. and by you doing so you're providing me a little comic relief while at work.
    Right back at you.

You won't rest until everyone agree's with you. which will never happen. Thats why i'm saying you should let it go.
    I have no desire to make everyone agree with me, the fact that there are different options out there is what I like. Remember, this discussion started due to someone trying to make everyone agree that the Z06 is soooo much faster with basic bolt on's and that modifying the M3 is a waste of money which is just incorrect. The fact I have a modified M3 already shows I don't need everyone to agree with it as I made the choice that is best for me. Just because everyone does not agree won't get me to stop talking, what are you crazy? Spirited debate is something I enjoy and ultimately the sides should come away with a better understanding of one another. Perhaps you need to let it go? I don't mind discussing cars at all, I enjoy it actually even if people like yourself get frustrated and start insulting me.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So now you agree with me when I say a i/header/e/cam z06 will beat drew?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Way back on page 6:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Once again, I ask you, what bolt on's are reversing that outcome? If anything, it is just going to be a close race and modding the Z06 to the level necessary isn't cheap as you are going to be touching the heads and cam.
    What I have said has been consistent. You stated basic bolt on's which was incorrect. I said you need touch the cam and heads which is correct. To reverse the outcome that is what it will take and it will be an aggressive cam like the one I posted not just any mild cam without a tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A Z06 with those mods will gain approx 100whp. By the vids you've seen i think you can make that call yourself.

Cheers.
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A made the call a long time ago. Then drew showed videos of him beating bone stock z06s by 2-3 cars.
    supercharged m3 on meth and bolt ons<z06 with i/h/e/c on pump all day. This was the argument from the get go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A made the call a long time ago. Then drew showed videos of him beating bone stock z06s by 2-3 cars.
    supercharged m3 on meth and bolt ons
    I'm sorry, but this is what you said:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh
    I simply dont want to waste that much money on a m3.
    Hardly a waste.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh
    Hell bone stock one have hit 10.9 @ 129-131 on nothing but DRs.
    As you can see in the video, those aren't an accurate representation in the real world.

You made it seem like it takes an intake and exhaust for a Z06 to be some unstoppable monster. You also stated with forced induction on the stock motor a Z06 will destroy an M3, it won't. These cars get to similar levels on the stock motor. We haven't even seen the best on the M3 on stock motor yet. What about double digit boost? I believe G-power was claiming 60-130's in the 6's on stock motor but who knows if that is true or not.

Reality is not the way you have portrayed it and it takes a cam and heads to reverse the outcome, not just basic bolt on's as you claimed. Seems the M3 with a blower isn't a waste.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dont get upset over this because I own a yamaha, but the 1k gixxer will clean up.
    Lol, I knew this was gonna happen as soon as LM mentioned R1.

Now we just need a CBR guy and ZX10 guy in here, and we can start a bike war thread.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Lol, I knew this was gonna happen as soon as LM mentioned R1.

Now we just need a CBR guy and ZX10 guy in here, and we can start a bike war thread.......
    I don't know $#@! about bikes but how does the BMW sport bike compare?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know $#@! about bikes but how does the BMW sport bike compare?
    From what I have read, it makes GREAT power, and the electronics are amazing. It actually has real traction control, with different tire slip settings, so you can lean ALL the way over on say, the street tire setting, and got WOT without worrying about the rear jumping out. There is also a racing slick mode that has NO traction control, and will respond like a conventional bike. There are modes in between, which will allow varying tire slip percentages. (you want this because I believe an average modern automotive racing tire has the most amount of holding force at a 7% slip percentage from the contact patch to the road)

I believe it also has an option for ABS, if you are into that for bikes.

It's weight is good, it's power is good, it is easy to drive hard, it isn't too expensive (but more than the Japs), the headlight is kinda weird, I'd say it's a hell of a bike!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast