Close

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 328

Thread: 335i vs. M3 E92

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    OMG LOL you are so blinded. Comparing a SC m3 to a stock Turbo n54.....yea intelligent. In regards to the zo6 it was already stated u lose to a basic bolt on one. And yet you still $#@!. What's the next argument to justify your car? Your interior is better. I listed prooven facts and go off on useless rants. I do t think anyone e in this thread is on your side....and its a bimmer forum. Like stated until drew or whoever can hit 135, you are slower. I'd like to see what that zo6 can do with an agressiving timing tune on Meth or race gas.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    24.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    You're missing my point.

    You keep bringing up over and over how much more efficient the M3 with a SC is vs a Z06...or whatever....as if that defines which car is the winner. No one cares.

    I had a 604whp evo before my Z06. It was a 2.3 with a GT35r running pump and meth. Was it more efficient per cylender then my current car. absolutely. Is it more efficient then an SC'd E92 M3? Yup. But i'd still take the E92 M3 anyday.

    Would i give up my Z06 for my evo because it was more effiecient...Never. Do i care which would have won in a drag race? Nope (it sure as hell would have been close though).

    There are many more factors that determine a cars worth then which car makes more HP per cylender. Thats all i'm saying.
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    OMG LOL you are so blinded. Comparing a SC m3 to a stock Turbo n54.....yea intelligent.
    Exactly, the gap is so large it makes you LOL. That is the whole point.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    In regards to the zo6 it was already stated u lose to a basic bolt on one
    First of all, I don't lose to a basic bolt on one. My car won't lose to an SC'd one. It will take a hell of a Z06, let's just leave it at that and certainly not one for less $.

    You have not established that basic bolt on's will top a 600 whp M3, what are you out of your mind? It isn't happening. Just like a stock Z06 doesn't realistically trap 130 no matter what youtube tells you and you believe without thinking for yourself.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    What's the next argument to justify your car? Your interior is better.
    Well, it's true, it is better.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I listed prooven facts and go off on useless rants.
    Actually, that's the problem, you went off on the rant and didn't provide much info. What you did was throw a bunch of $#@! at the wall to see what would stick. You claim a stock Z06 traps 130 and are paper racing and it is just kind of sad. You actually believe that is a realistic trap speed for Z06 performance and claim 130 trap speeds from M3's are not yet when these cars run at the same time the M3 runs away. Where is your logic? Why do you avoid direct comparisons and race on paper?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Like stated until drew or whoever can hit 135, you are slower.
    Like I stated M3's have 60-130 times with built motors running similar to Z06's with built motors. It is a matter of who spends more money but eventually displacement rules the day. What part of this don't you get? The M3 is far stronger than you are willing to admit and I like that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see what that zo6 can do with an agressiving timing tune on Meth or race gas.
    Crack its thin cylinder walls? Break its cast pistons?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I do t think anyone e in this thread is on your side....and its a bimmer forum.
    What sides are there exactly? What argument are you making because you seem to be all over the place? At least we established comparing your car to an SC M3 is an exercise in LOL's so I guess the Z06 discussion is more interesting.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    You keep bringing up over and over how much more efficient the M3 with a SC is vs a Z06...or whatever....as if that defines which car is the winner. No one cares.
    It does matter because it shows that the M3 can make more power per pound of boost. So with fuel as the limiting factor the M3 will get greater gains proportionally. What do you mean no one cares? I care, power per pound of boost is quite important. Look at what you do at 7 psi vs. what I do at 7.5 psi, almost a wash. Throw in a DCT and one platform is far more efficient with its power.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    I had a 604whp evo before my Z06. It was a 2.3 with a GT35r running pump and meth. Was it more efficient per cylender then my current car. absolutely. Is it more efficient then an SC'd E92 M3? Yup. But i'd still take the E92 M3 anyday.
    At what boost? I'd take the E92 M3 over the Evo as well... and the Z06.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    There are many more factors that determine a cars worth then which car makes more HP per cylender. Thats all i'm saying.
    I completely understand that, but that doesn't change the fact that the M3 motor is more impressive and better engineered. It also shows that it can run with the Z06 despite having almost half the displacement. What I'm trying to say is the M3 is more than a match and due to the fact it is so efficient a little bit of boost goes a long way. As a matter of fact, it goes further than it does in the Z06.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I give up fighting with idiots. The floor is yours.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I give up fighting with idiots. The floor is yours.
    But wait, I was about to bring up that a used 5.0 can beat either in a drag race for far less money?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    24.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm done arguing with you.

    You are that guy (there's one on every forum) that argues and argues until everyone else goes away simply because of the fact that you need to have the last word. I'm not sure the reason for this.........but i can think of many...

    Congrats on your M3 having a strong motor. It does. Just like my evo did. Just like my Z06 does. I've been running FI on my car for over 2 years now without a single hiccup (so don't go into how weak the LS7 is).

    You keep arguing about efficiency....Your 4.0 V8 weigh's 445lbs and my 7.0 V8 weigh's 458lbs. Does it matter? Nope. Could i use it as fuel for an argument about efficiency, strength, weight distribution, or you your words "More impressive and better engineered" etc? Yep. But i don't care.......

    Nor should you. so for god sakes. stop dissecting posts and stop picking apart every detail.

    Go enjoy your car.
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    I'm done arguing with you.

    You are that guy (there's one on every forum) that argues and argues until everyone else goes away simply because of the fact that you need to have the last word. I'm not sure the reason for this.........but i can think of many...
    I don't really see why you need to get upset. I think you guys just expect someone to roll over and accept your word, I'm not that kind of person and never will be.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on your M3 having a strong motor. It does. Just like my evo did. Just like my Z06 does. I've been running FI on my car for over 2 years now without a single hiccup (so don't go into how weak the LS7 is).
    You are running low boost, I don't see any reason why you will have any hiccups. The LS7 does have certain weaknesses when it comes to forced induction on the stock internals. I'm sure you are familiar with them, you probably follow z06vette.com.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rez90 Click here to enlarge
    You keep arguing about efficiency....Your 4.0 V8 weigh's 445lbs and my 7.0 V8 weigh's 458lbs. Does it matter? Nope. Could i use it as fuel for an argument about efficiency, strength, weight distribution, or you your words "More impressive and better engineered" etc? Yep. But i don't care.......

    Nor should you. so for god sakes. stop dissecting posts and stop picking apart every detail.
    It's a performance car forum, what do you expect? Yes, at the end of the day they are both great cars that we can all appreciate and enjoy yadda yadda yadda. I like the Z06, respect it very much, and maybe will add one to the stable at some point. I prefer it over the ZR-1 actually for a number of reasons.

    The argument was that the Z06 would crush the SC'd M3 for a few dollars in bolt on parts, I think we have clearly established that is not the case. The M3 ends up looking far stronger in all of this, as it should. Both great cars, and modifying either is not a waste.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    We established the m3 will lose. You established the m3 has a more efficient motor which needs high octante to stay together and that the interior is better lmao. Congrats.
    Drew himself said he would get beat. Hell he didn't even pull hard on a bone stock one. 2-3 cars is a joke.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    We established the m3 will lose.
    No, we didn't. We established the Z06 did lose when at the same time and same place. You are paper racing with 129 mph trap speeds claims that don't hold over in reality. Go look up some more negative DA 1/4 mile slips and ignore the evidence right in front of you.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    You established the m3 has a more efficient motor which needs high octante to stay together and that the interior is better lmao. Congrats.
    12:1 compression but it is still dyno'ing 600 whp on pump gas. How's your car doing? Yep, better interior, rear seats, dual clutch transmission, different car with a lot of things to offer the Z06 can't match, congrats.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Drew himself said he would get beat. Hell he didn't even pull hard on a bone stock one. 2-3 cars is a joke.
    Are you kidding? He spun one time and still caught up and passed the Z06. Very impressive the way the Z06's got beat.

    What do you think Stage 3 M3's are going to put down? If the cars are making over 600 whp on pump gas and stock internals... ya, weak platform that is a waste of money. Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm glad you finally agree.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I'm glad you finally agree.
    So your Z06 is coming in when?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    The same time that m3 dynos 600 on pump gas. Sipping on Meth is not pump gas nub.

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    The same time that m3 dynos 600 on pump gas. Sipping on Meth is not pump gas nub.
    Last I checked pump gas goes in the tank...

    So you are never getting a z06? Why not cash in on that 100k sitting in your driveway?

    I do know of an M3 running around on no meth at 9.5 psi, don't know what he dynos though.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Awwwww the miracle motor can't handle 600 who with grenading on straight pump? Fiddle sticks.....but hey your interior makes up for the loss. Get a nice little gong sound and the navigation will tell u that u lost please procede to insert more money.
    As for my zo6 like I said when it hits 600 on pump ill get one. I figure I have some time this way I can pay for the wedding that is costing more then a blown zo6 at the moment.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Awwwww the miracle motor can't handle 600 who with grenading on straight pump?
    Do you run meth on your N54? You do... so.... I don't really get it? It does do 600 whp on pump, yep, with meth. How is this a negative somehow?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    As for my zo6 like I said when it hits 600 on pump ill get one.
    Don't really see why you don't already have one? If you want to see 600 whp on pump without meth we can always look at ESS dynos...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I figure I have some time this way I can pay for the wedding that is costing more then a blown zo6 at the moment.
    Wedding? This woman is not deaf or blind? I am correct in assuming woman, right?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL yup tell your mom I said hi. BTW sorry the m3 has to go in my name...your dad is tired if supporting you.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    24.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    Wedding? This woman is not deaf or blind? I am correct in assuming woman, right?

    Wow....you got personal. And this whole time i thought MAYBE i was dealing with someone that while even though you were a headstrung dick about cars you might have a little class.

    But. you don't. You are everything i assumed you were....

    No wonder you spend so much of your time on car forums.

    Keep adding to that post count champ.
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    We established the m3 will lose. You established the m3 has a more efficient motor which needs high octante to stay together and that the interior is better lmao. Congrats.
    Drew himself said he would get beat. Hell he didn't even pull hard on a bone stock one. 2-3 cars is a joke.
    I said I would most likely loose to this setup (below), even though we both ran the exact same 60-130, it has a cam.

    7.06 - C6 Z06; intake, tune, headers, cam, no cats, 560 rwhp, 2-shifts
    Stock is 7.86

    My buddies with the Z06's said with all the bolt ons, no cams it could be a good run, but they still feel I may edge them out, especially up top, but I'm not positive, cam different story. So pulling on a Z06 by 3 cars is a joke? FWIW we were right at sea level, nice and cool, and these owners know how to drive. When you make comments like that, it's difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who takes this approach, especially since you have throughout this thread pointied out how deadly a C6 Z06 can be. FWIW the Z owner said he's never had a car pull like that on him.

    AGAIN, please listen to people who actually have experience in this area, the car does not need race gas to beat these cars, as I've stated 91+WM is enough, just like on any FI setup if you want to run a certain boost level you need the octane. I could us the same argument that the Proto 996tt with big turbo's needed C16 to pull on me by 3 cars, it's silly, especially since the race fuel allows him to add about 9 more psi. But in the end so what, that's what his car is capable of, if the Z owner could extrapolate more power from race gas, you don't think he would?
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It is a joke when u consider the way sticky talks up the m3. All out effort vs a stock car? Good job? All that is rational gets throw out the second d sticky hits the submit button. You should know this by now.

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    24.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I've only been here a day......Click here to enlarge
    08 Z06....Supercharged.
    10 GC SRT8.
    Deez

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    245.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I had my Grandmother buy me the car first of all and I'm not a kid, I'm a mature, successful 17 year old internet millionaire like everyone else with a 3 series in SoCal.
    Shahsk! Is that you???
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

    Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Can we change the name of this forum to Thunderdome? With so little moderation this
    place is like a war zone. I myself am guilty of war crimes. Lol. OT

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I agree about the whole race gas advantage thing, it is one of the reasons I prefer a FI car. If you can afford race gas, or meth, or a twin-turbo Ferrari V12, $#@! it, either run it or not. If someone runs something they can't beat, is it the faster person's fault? There aren't laws keeping certain people from buying meth or gas, or nitrous. "Run whatcha brung" right? Remember this isn't about performance per $$$, obviously, and there are lots of opinions being thrown around with facts, which makes arguments messy.


    So is the "better engineered" motor the one that moves the most air for the lowest cost, the one that makes the most hp/liter, or the one that revs the highest with the most complicated electronics? They obviously all have their own reasons for creation, and to argue like this makes this forum look somewhat immature.


    I truly enjoy all of my vehicles, and I've brushed off condescending remarks about my vehicle choices before, because in the end I'm having fun, I have my reasons for my decisions, I'm not here to please anyone else, and I honestly don't give a $#@!.


    But I will admit, part of me does like watching you guys take shots at each other...... Click here to enlarge

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    the most efficent motors ar from yamaha, case in point the R1, and the M1

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •