Close

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Bavarian Solutions' M5x/S5x Dual Throttle Body Intake Manifold

    Talk about an interesting design:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3jasper Click here to enlarge
    Hey Everyone,

    I thought I'd shared a manifold we just developed for an engine that is going to be making a significant amount of horsepower. Click here to enlarge We decided to do things a bit differently. We are used to seeing the typical plenum design that most people use when it comes to intake manifolds but we've had the ability to test several different concepts. The idea came from when our engine builder worked very closely with a professional drag racing team and experimented with a few intake manifold designs.

    The idea behind the dual throttle bodies is that you are able to achieve a higher velocity than one would with a single larger throttle body while still maintaining the required plenum volume for your intended horsepower level. This in turn also helps improve throttle response which is often more than not something people don't want to lose.

    A few points about the manifold...

    - Dual throttle body and plenum design (single is available upon request)
    - Option of going with either a 60-85mm throttle body (this particular application is getting a pair of 75mm)
    - Tapered runners
    - Welded on both the inside and out
    - Made out of 0.125" thick, 6066 aluminum
    - Plenum volume can support 1600 horsepower
    - Fuel rail is included (-10 is shown on this particular manifold)
    - 3 bungs (customer is allowed to request whatever would work for them)

    A few pictures of the manifold...

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    damn nice intake mani, are you jealous sticky? Click here to enlarge haha im still running my stock plastic one.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    damn nice intake mani, are you jealous sticky? Click here to enlarge haha im still running my stock plastic one.
    I think it is interesting I just want to see it in use and verification of the claims. With boost I didn't really think dual throttle bodies would make a big difference in power, throttle response I understand.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think it is interesting I just want to see it in use and verification of the claims. With boost I didn't really think dual throttle bodies would make a big difference in power, throttle response I understand.
    well with this application i can see why you may have that claim, the straight 6 take all its air from the side like that. from first glance it looks great, especially the welds Click here to enlarge but that's not a test of engineering. hmm, what about your vehicle, the m3, with its degree v8 do you think you would benefit from 2 throttle bodies? or twin separate intakes? or is this impossible with your s/c application? i know you're getting stage 3 right? did you consider it?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    well with this application i can see why you may have that claim, the straight 6 take all its air from the side like that. from first glance it looks great, especially the welds Click here to enlarge but that's not a test of engineering. hmm, what about your vehicle, the m3, with its degree v8 do you think you would benefit from 2 throttle bodies? or twin separate intakes? or is this impossible with your s/c application? i know you're getting stage 3 right? did you consider it?
    I have 8 throttle bodies Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have 8 throttle bodies Click here to enlarge
    oh right, so your plenum is the box on top, thats right. how about the new v8tt from bmw? does it also have the indi throttle bodies?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    oh right, so your plenum is the box on top, thats right. how about the new v8tt from bmw? does it also have the indi throttle bodies?
    Nope, it does not.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nope, it does not.
    do you like having a collector's item persay? the last of the n/a m3's? Click here to enlarge or will you trade the s65 for the new m3 turbo motor? by the way, i read that the new 2011 m3 maybe a 450 hp straight 6, an n54 possible modified. how accurate is that? is it just a rumor? i think it was an 'Automobile' article.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    do you like having a collector's item persay? the last of the n/a m3's? Click here to enlarge or will you trade the s65 for the new m3 turbo motor? by the way, i read that the new 2011 m3 maybe a 450 hp straight 6, an n54 possible modified. how accurate is that? is it just a rumor? i think it was an 'Automobile' article.
    I think it is very accurate but probably modified N55. There will not be any unique M motors anymore, what a shame.

    Personally I feel adding boost to top of the line NA motors gives you something unique and the best of both world's. That is why I like M motors, more efficient per pound of boost but takes a lot more money to extract it. The S65 with boost is no comparison to a tweaked N54, would never trade it, no offense.

    If I were to choose an I6 with boost... it would be an S54 Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Great looking product OP.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    4.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    You MAY, repeat, MAY get a response from Bavarian Solutions on this work of art.
    Its a bit aged, as compared to their most recent, killer Kadoogan STOCK throttle body placement INTAKE MANIFOLD.

    See 5mall5nail5 build at bf.c or at the New Sweden sire BLOWNEUROS

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by toothkiss Click here to enlarge
    You MAY, repeat, MAY get a response from Bavarian Solutions on this work of art.
    Its a bit aged, as compared to their most recent, killer Kadoogan STOCK throttle body placement INTAKE MANIFOLD.

    See 5mall5nail5 build at bf.c or at the New Sweden sire BLOWNEUROS
    Are they not good at getting back to people?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    4.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Waddaya mean?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by toothkiss Click here to enlarge
    Waddaya mean?
    You made a point that you "may" get a response from Bavarian Solutions regarding it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    4.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    AND
    I may have been wrong.

    This manifold may be one of their NEWEST creations.

    hmmm

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    255
    Rep Points
    129.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    An interesting concept from Dave and Ramon. I suppose it makes sense, though, the more more air you can feed the engine in less time, the better.
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turbology Click here to enlarge
    An interesting concept from Dave and Ramon. I suppose it makes sense, though, the more more air you can feed the engine in less time, the better.
    Click here to enlarge
    It's a little bit more in depth then that, eventually I'll take a bit of time to write out a little explanation

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    255
    Rep Points
    129.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maciej Click here to enlarge
    It's a little bit more in depth then that, eventually I'll take a bit of time to write out a little explanation
    Looking forward to it. Who did the fab work on this? The welds are beautiful!
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •