Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My 335i has been having some very akward issues!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

I have a 2008 BMW 335i coupe AT with JB4, afe dual cone intake with heat shield, AR catless downpipes and pipes straight all the way back to the muffler. I also deleted the secondary cats as well with stock exhaust. The car has 36,000 miles on it and is a certified pre owned car. I have the JB4 set on map5 and it runs like a bat out of hell Click here to enlarge max boost is 16 then tapers down to maybe 15 at high rpm. I also have a vent boost gauge so I can see just how much boost I have. I always let me cars warm up and dont get on them hard until the oil pressure gauge is betwen the 160-250. I usually stay two clicks below the 250 mark but some times when im driving it had it gets at exactly 250. thats If im running it hard.

So I was driving this morning doing about 40 or so and stepped on it in M5 manual mode. The boost gauge shot up and it started to pull very very hard. right around 5500 rpm's the car felt like I hit a fright train completely decreasing my power and throwing the half motor symbol. I pulled it over turned it off for about 15 seconds then turned it back on and everything was completely normal again pulling hard as always. also sometimes just randomly goes in to limp mode I think but it wont let me go anything over 5lbs of boost. Once again I get off the highway turn the car off and then turn it back on 10 min later... Back to normal having strong boost again. I already got it tested for the HPFP and it was fine but they did change out all the injectors. So Im very confused and very agitated about what this might be. It doesnt even throw any light on the dash. When you step on in, it feels like it has NO power whatsoever. Therefore I have to pull over turn the car off wait ten minutes and then turn it back on and everything is fine AGAIN. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS. Is there something wrong with the engine control module??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

read the codes . you just went into limp mode which disables boost control.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Did you get the codes after you went into limp mode? post those here please Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

you probably hit the boost limit it osunds like. so its limp/map 0/4 until you restart it 16 psi is a bit much for pump gas with no CPS in place.. or just get meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Isnt map 5 autotuning? ;-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Depending on the settings could just be you are triggering a tuner code that clears itself on restart, or an internal failsafe. If you wind up needing help feel free to email us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks alot for the response and have not yet looked at the code since I dont have a scanner... Which probably will be my next investment Click here to enlarge My service advisor at the dealership is a good buddy of mine so tomorrow I will have some time to take it up there and have him plug it in and find out exactly what triggered it. Its wierd, after I posted this I went and took a "spirited drive" on a highway that is literally brand new, straight as can be, and one minor turn but it is somewhat banked to a certain degree so you can be WOT around it. The car felt amazing as usual and did more than one run from 40mph-150mph with no issues whatsoever. boost was steady at 16 and tappered down to 14.8-15 at around 6400rpm's. As soon as it switched gear in went back up to that 16 mark just as it should. This particular incident has happened to me a couple times but its not to often, infact very rare to be honest. I will keep everyone updated on when I see my buddy and tell me what the codes were and what he thinks could have caused it. By the way he has a 135i N55 motor with the JB software himself and drives the piss out of it. He is just dying to get something similiar to the JB4 because everything is limited on the N55 motor. The good news is, he is an enthusiast just like me and he happens to be my service advisor and is one of the top service advisors there. So im in good hands! Definently will keep everyone posted when I found out tomorrow. Thanks again for you guys input!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know what I dont know why i didnt think about!!! Thanks for the reminder lol Now we will find out alot sooner than later Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Update?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I was gonna say you can read codes with the JB4.

Also, remove the tune if you take it into the dealer.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well finally I got it figured out. for some reason it was an overboost code... i thought on the 335i you can run upto19 even 20 before hitting over boost... It runs like a bat of out of hell I will tell you this much.!!!!