Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 119
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    lol good find!!! your right though any big power rwd car will get more consistent clean runs on the street from a roll, i mean if your driving around on slicks then great but other than that a roll all day. there is no "prep" on the street!! and for a guy in an awd car to only wanna race from a dig and wont travel is a fail imo
    imo building a high powered car that can't put power to ground = fail.

    but this thread is not about that. there is a plenty of fast bimmers with capable drivers who run their car from a dig, let get some of them out here.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    no rwd bmw over 400whp will put down power to the ground from a dig in street trim. My definition of fail is broken drivetrain parts, but thats why people have different opinions.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,799
    Rep Points
    31,560.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    imo building a high powered car that can't put power to ground = fail.
    Run on a strip which is the proper environment for big power from a dig.

    Trying to make a car doing something on the street that it shouldn't be doing = fail and stupid.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    For reference, I raced a 800whp SRT-8 Jeep from a dig that ran a 11.1@121 with a 1.5 60 ft with my RWD 335i on all-season tires with FBO + meth at 17 psi in 23 degree ambient temps.

    He had me by 3 car lengths off the launch and stayed there. A RWD 135i vs a 335xi will result in a similar outcome from a dig with a lesser disparity. It's pointless for all parties. 40 rolls for the RWD car or it's a big waste of time for everyone.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    1.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Close this thread ASAP.

    Let's not risk breaking any car parts, let's not mount any tire stickier than a studded Blizzak, let's save gas, and for that matter battery recharge cycles.

    Let's just attach dyno sheets and compare.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i find it hard to believe that on the street you were 3 lenghts behind a 800whp 11.1 SRT8 off the launch. maybe 3 bus lenghts. either way this isn't a "why 90% of BMW owners prefer rolls" thread. we are looking for select few 10% that can pilot their ultimate driving machines. are you guys really worried about running a 335????? there is a Z4m coupe here that launches harder then V8 mustang auto on drag radials..... Z4m is on street tires too with no pwer mods. from what i read here - i thought what he does is impossible.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    For reference, I raced a 800whp SRT-8 Jeep from a dig that ran a 11.1@121 with a 1.5 60 ft with my RWD 335i on all-season tires with FBO + meth at 17 psi in 23 degree ambient temps.

    He had me by 3 car lengths off the launch and stayed there. A RWD 135i vs a 335xi will result in a similar outcome from a dig with a lesser disparity. It's pointless for all parties. 40 rolls for the RWD car or it's a big waste of time for everyone.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    75.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm highly disappointed in the complaining in this thread. There is no problem with rolls depending on the car when were talking about awd/rwd vs. fwd but come on you cant get a 400whp bmw to launch from a dig? No wonder all you guys ever talk about is 60-130, euro guys made it up so they can brag how fast there cars are without actually doing much. Hell whats the point of 60-130, i rather shows fancy dyno videos and sheets at that point.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by talontsi97 Click here to enlarge
    I'm highly disappointed in the complaining in this thread. There is no problem with rolls depending on the car when were talking about awd/rwd vs. fwd but come on you cant get a 400whp bmw to launch from a dig? No wonder all you guys ever talk about is 60-130, euro guys made it up so they can brag how fast there cars are without actually doing much. Hell whats the point of 60-130, i rather shows fancy dyno videos and sheets at that point.
    Werd&repped fo da truth Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    1.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    are you guys really worried about running a 335?????
    To be accurate, the audience is worried … correction, panicked about running a 4000+lb 335 shod with snowtires (at 38psi) and light bolt-ons.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    AK why waste your time lol...that 335xi if it's running "the usual" bolt ons an meth and racegas won't be trapping any higher than 119 on the best of days (it's an xi, and unless much has changed since I've been in the n54 scene the only BobVader had hit that trap...XI is the slower platform)...you trapped 124 at the rental it would be a wash and a half
    And it's the slower platform by far!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,799
    Rep Points
    31,560.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Everyone just shut up and run already. From a stop and from a roll, none of this pick and choose the best race for yourself nonsense. Be enthusiasts, not wanna be street racers.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    75.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Running from a dig isn't pick and choosing the best race. It is THE race, the Standard when it comes to racing. People seem to be forgetting that these days.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If you wanna run from 16.7mph to 129.85mph hit me up,otherwise I aint runnin nobody Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    M3DCTLAUNCHCONTROL
    heres a vid of my brother testing out the slicks...like i said...nothing a good set of tires on a rwd car cant solve...

    but on a serious note, street runs are rarely done from digs (at least around here), which is why 99% of street runs are honked off from a roll

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A run from a roll is a matter of convienence;its much easier&less risky to find a somewhat straight road,wait for traffic to clear&then get your run off..having a race from a dig on the street is a pain unless its 3am in the middle of nowhere.
    A real street race,where Im from starts from the dig...running from a roll requires zero skill;its just mash the pedal&see who spent more money on horsepower
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    A real street race,where Im from starts from the dig...running from a roll requires zero skill;its just mash the pedal&see who spent more money on horsepower
    bingo.

    and as long as the spot is organized in a way where you can have clear road when you want, time of day doesnt matter Click here to enlarge


  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    75.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    This run went down in mexico the other night. Bmw 335i vs Bmw Z4 M vs Mustang that went 13.1 at the track with a auto trans and drag radials.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    1.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by talontsi97 Click here to enlarge
    This run went down in mexico the other night. Bmw 335i vs Bmw Z4 M vs Mustang that went 13.1 at the track with a auto trans and drag radials.
    Excellent bantam class showdown.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheWraith Click here to enlarge
    bantam
    LOL Click here to enlarge

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by talontsi97 Click here to enlarge
    I'm highly disappointed in the complaining in this thread. There is no problem with rolls depending on the car when were talking about awd/rwd vs. fwd but come on you cant get a 400whp bmw to launch from a dig? No wonder all you guys ever talk about is 60-130, euro guys made it up so they can brag how fast there cars are without actually doing much. Hell whats the point of 60-130, i rather shows fancy dyno videos and sheets at that point.
    You talk a big game for some1 who drives a car that a one legged monkey could launch. Automatic xi, does it get any more easier....er pathetic.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    1.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    You talk a big game for some1 who drives a car that a one legged monkey could launch. Automatic xi, does it get any more easier....er pathetic.
    If you want to make it more challenging, you can always drive up in a 3 speed 65 Mustang with 4 foot tall busdriver lever and no power steering, seat removed and sit on a crate. Totally up to you.

    It is 2011 the era of computers and automation. I find it challenging to film through my rear window “challenged drivers” trying to get off the starting line while I launch forward ahead 10 lengths and upload the victory footage to Youtube by the time I cross the finish line.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,799
    Rep Points
    31,560.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by talontsi97 Click here to enlarge
    Running from a dig isn't pick and choosing the best race. It is THE race, the Standard when it comes to racing. People seem to be forgetting that these days.
    On a dragstrip, not the street.

    It is becoming outdated anyway as people race top end and are trying to show off horsepower, not their launch. Hence the popularity of 60-130 and the Texas mile. Get with the times.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,799
    Rep Points
    31,560.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheWraith Click here to enlarge
    If you want to make it more challenging, you can always drive up in a 3 speed 65 Mustang with 4 foot tall busdriver lever and no power steering, seat removed and sit on a crate. Totally up to you.

    It is 2011 the era of computers and automation. I find it challenging to film through my rear window “challenged drivers” trying to get off the starting line while I launch forward ahead 10 lengths and upload the victory footage to Youtube by the time I cross the finish line.
    You just come off as a pussy who wants it his way.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,799
    Rep Points
    31,560.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    A real street race,where Im from starts from the dig...running from a roll requires zero skill;its just mash the pedal&see who spent more money on horsepower
    Launching an automatic awd car requires as much skill as mashing the pedal.

    Are we comparing cars or drivers? I prefer to compare the cars and see who has more horsepower. Roll-on racing is the future.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Launching an automatic awd car requires as much skill as mashing the pedal.

    Are we comparing cars or drivers? I prefer to compare the cars and see who has more horsepower. Roll-on racing is the future.
    ^This.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    1.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You just come off as a pussy who wants it his way.
    "you're a pussy" retort = "mercy...I got nothing for you"

    Plenty of much faster cars out there willing to race (and with traction) as you already can tell by the other related videos.

    This was simply an exercise in how many BMW owners would not step up to the plate.

    It's been more successful than anticipated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •