Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    The trap is not higher due to the 60 foot. I can show mulitple slips from my car, the best trap speed always comes with the best 60 foot time. Hotrod just did a whole test on this and his results are the same, trap speed actually went down. Ive had this debate a long long time ago on another forum, spinning does not increase trap speed. People confuse hooking up with bogging, bogging RUINS your trap speed. Half the time people bog and don't even realize it. If you dead hook with a 1.6 and rip throught he first two gears, your trap speed will not be slower than if you light them up and run a 2.1

You guys can question fuel all you want. I should have had helix and the other e90 memebers take a picture of my gas guage. Doubtul im gonna fill up 3/4 quater tank with race gas to do 5 runs while im away on business. I will post all the logs friday night as thats when I will be able to upload them from the ap
    I have personally noticed better traps with better 60's on drag tires but on street tires it usually is spinning = higher trap. That is how it was for me with the E46. Hotrod's highest traps were with his worst 60's usually hence why he would list ET and trap separately.

Easiest way to prove it wrong is to get a better 60 foot.

I am telling people to question the fuel, yes. The best way to disprove is to simply run race gas and show the disparity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Last year we all went to ATCO on closing day, december 6th if I recall. Lost Marine ran 122 traps full weight on upgraded turbos 18-19 psi race/meth. Temps were in the 40s.....still a fast track?
    Yes, it is a fast track that gets excellent DA. Well prepped too...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have personally noticed better traps with better 60's on drag tires but on street tires it usually is spinning = higher trap. That is how it was for me with the E46. Hotrod's highest traps were with his worst 60's usually hence why he would list ET and trap separately.

I am telling people to question the fuel, yes. The best way to disprove is to simply run race gas and show the disparity.
    I understand you have little experience with how an n54 ecu works...especially one that has been flashed, but you must have missed the point where I ran meth on the last run and ended up running slower. The ecu has lower timing targets meant for pump gas. You can run 1 million octane, and you wont even come close to runing the much higher stock timing curve.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I already prooved this over and over and over again at different tracks, different set ups.

Hell last night I ranged from 12.8 to 12.4.

12.4 had the 117.7 trap with a 2.0(2) or 3 60.
    12.6 had a 117.4 trap with a 2.09 60
    12.8 had a 116.9 trap with a 2.14 60

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes, it is a fast track that gets excellent DA. Well prepped too...
    No, it is a regular track wiht good DA. Last night it was around 400-500 which is pretty good.
    For reference I ran faster at ISland and Etown on dci/meth then I did at atco with dci meth, atco had better conditions.
    12.3 At island 116
    12.4 At etown 116
    12.5 at atco 115

The problem with atco is that you cannot avoid the water box, every single car needs to go through the water box and half of them drag water to the start.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I already prooved this over and over and over again at different tracks, different set ups.

Hell last night I ranged from 12.8 to 12.4.

12.4 had the 117.7 trap with a 2.0(2) or 3 60.
    12.6 had a 117.4 trap with a 2.09 60
    12.8 had a 116.9 trap with a 2.14 60
    I am referring specifically to this setup. If you do 118 on pump what should we expect on race?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

No, it is a regular track wiht good DA. Last night it was around 400-500 which is pretty good.
    For reference I ran faster at ISland and Etown on dci/meth then I did at atco with dci meth, atco had better conditions.
    12.3 At island 116
    12.4 At etown 116
    12.5 at atco 115

The problem with atco is that you cannot avoid the water box, every single car needs to go through the water box and half of them drag water to the start.
    Heh, you guys are spoiled. Regular track with good DA is an oxymoron. Good DA almost makes the track.

A solid burnout makes the waterbox problem a non-issue.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I am referring specifically to this setup. If you do 118 on pump what should we expect on race?
    On race/meth I expect 120-122 without a problem. This might not sound special, but for the tri state area it is, as NOT 1 god damn n54 broke 120 mark on stock turbos around here. So all these "fast track" theories belong on the west coast, not in the tri state area.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Heh, you guys are spoiled. Regular track with good DA is an oxymoron. Good DA almost makes the track.

A solid burnout makes the waterbox problem a non-issue.
    A good track is straight, has a smooth launch surface, not up hill/downhill, and has good prep....DA is over ratted for turbo cars, as long as you are under 2k, its all the same $#@! based on my experience.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

On race/meth I expect 120-122 without a problem. This might not sound special, but for the tri state area it is, as NOT 1 god damn n54 broke 120 mark on stock turbos around here. So all these "fast track" theories belong on the west coast, not in the tri state area.
    Whether one judges it special or not special is irrelevant, I am looking at the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

A good track is straight, has a smooth launch surface, not up hill/downhill, and has good prep....DA is over ratted for turbo cars, as long as you are under 2k, its all the same $#@! based on my experience.
    In my opinion, DA is everything. Obviously ATCO is straight and a good, well maintained track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    laloosh,

when you say things in the works behind forum doors...are you referring to Cobb or another tune format?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

In my opinion, DA is everything. Obviously ATCO is straight and a good, well maintained track.
    That it is, but ever pos that rolls through there goes through the water box. EVery street tire car goes through the water box. And every car that does not pay for the gambler race CANNOT RUN in the groove. They put a cone in it and you must run to the right or left of the groove depending on which lane you are in. Yea great track bro lol. Maybe on slicks on a private rental it has the potential to be great, on a regular street night on street tires, its nothing special

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woodga16 Click here to enlarge
    laloosh,

when you say things in the works behind forum doors...are you referring to Cobb or another tune format?
    Refering to cobb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

That it is, but ever pos that rolls through there goes through the water box. EVery street tire car goes through the water box. And every car that does not pay for the gambler race CANNOT RUN in the groove. They put a cone in it and you must run to the right or left of the groove depending on which lane you are in. Yea great track bro lol. Maybe on slicks on a private rental it has the potential to be great, on a regular street night on street tires, its nothing special
    It would definitely be at the top of my list behind MIR for private rentals. I don't know their public policies but I do know that track has produced some incredible 60 foots and ET's.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

It would definitely be at the top of my list behind MIR for private rentals. I don't know their public policies but I do know that track has produced some incredible 60 foots and ET's.
    Wouldn't know, im not the type to take off work and pay 200 bucks and run my car 15 times on a private day lol. Street night is 15 bucks at atco and the food is cheap so if im in the area its a good time.

You want miracle times, google cecil county. I believe thats where all the records come from, hell ive seen stock z06s go 10s at over 130 at the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

For the record, Fridays private day at MIR is $100 to run and $10 to watch. I'm just watching (my car is nothing special) as you see some really interesting cars, e.g. twin turbo viper running 7s, GTRs in the 10s, 9s, a $#@! ton of c63s and e55s, sl65s, gt2s, zr1s, etc. It's pretty incredible to see the cars at a car show doing burnouts and running wot down the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Congrats on the times! great slip... if im in the area i would love to get a small meet going and meet up laloosh some day.

ATCO when i was around there last year was def known to be a 'faster' track among all of my cousins and friends running their GTR, E55, ZO6, C63's, 335i's... We went to E-town raceway for a few runs on a regular nite, and we did the same at ATCO, and the following week we did a private rental at ATCO They all seem to prefer and ran faster times at ATCO. My cousin got the record for the fastest C63 stock on the 1/4 mile at atco when he first went and at the private rental, dodgerc63 won the record for fastest bolton C63 in the world at that private rental we went to aswell. Im not that much of a track junky, but to everyone who lived around there atco was the know track for being faster then the others around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not tri-state but damn close..... I broke 120 at MIR on stock turbos w/ a 2127 DA on race/meth at a normal TnT
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

OK did a couple logs this morning with a 80 degree IAT and a 140 degree IAT, both on the Stage2 map + meth just to see what would happen with the boost target. Looks like it held pretty steady at 18psi even with the higher IAT so they must have programmed an upper limit in it. Limit needs some work by RPM by at least it's capable. And if they are capable of programming an upper limit they should make the lower limit and upper limit match so they can absolute target!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well, one, lyle lukas did 124 way back when at island. other than that, i think your the closest to it. hell.. even with the RB's, it took me 3-4 track days to get good runs above 120 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Wouldn't know, im not the type to take off work and pay 200 bucks and run my car 15 times on a private day lol. Street night is 15 bucks at atco and the food is cheap so if im in the area its a good time.

You want miracle times, google cecil county. I believe thats where all the records come from, hell ive seen stock z06s go 10s at over 130 at the track.
    i cocnur, atco is fun and cheap. but groove part sucks.. you stop by the town tavern on the way out Click here to enlarge

and i think your confusing MIR with cecil. ive been to cecil in my dakota r/t, nothing special.

but private days, ive only done one, but are really $#@!ing fun!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Attached is the log from the 12.4 run. The cylinder were sort of dancing around so aggressive to say for sure. My boost however was only 17psi max if that.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

btw just realize that by scaling it I scalled out Iats which i guess never fell below 80 degrees lmao. If anybody wants to see the IATS let me know, otherwise i dont feel like redoing it. But they started in the mid 90s and ended at 138

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    OK did a couple logs this morning with a 80 degree IAT and a 140 degree IAT, both on the Stage2 map + meth just to see what would happen with the boost target. Looks like it held pretty steady at 18psi even with the higher IAT so they must have programmed an upper limit in it. Limit needs some work by RPM by at least it's capable. And if they are capable of programming an upper limit they should make the lower limit and upper limit match so they can absolute target!
    anyway to log DME load with this IAT testing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast