Close

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 467
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    the setup looks killer, but still this thread is :thumbsdown:
    Dude - it is thumsdown. But, I get tired of Sticky trying to call me out as inexperienced and "lucky" or some $#@!. This is my own car, but I have tuned and helped build a couple dozen cars at this point... as a hobby. I started the thread as a way to just say "yeah ok, your turn" because Sticky is throwing stone sin a glass house. He could come on here tonight and post his car running with a 900 rwhp dyno and I wouldn't even care - its just that I get tired of him talking smack. I know I can be "holier than" in tone in threads, but to have people disregard the fact that I may know something about what I talk about... that's annoying and unfortunately it's Sticky who says it the most.


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow, I love how you integrated everything.... almost looks OEM! Click here to enlarge

    Yeah knock sensors are always a $#@!.... temperature monitoring works well in most scenarios anyway.

    To me, you built this out of passion and are a true enthusiast. Job well done man, thank you for sharing it. Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I love how you integrated everything.... almost looks OEM! Click here to enlarge

    Yeah knock sensors are always a $#@!.... temperature monitoring works well in most scenarios anyway.

    To me, you built this out of passion and are a true enthusiast. Job well done man, thank you for sharing it. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! I am very passionate about projects I work on because I tend to put my whole into them. I've been called OCD hundreds of times but to me if you're going to do it you should just do it right. I also take pride in the fact that my car was self built outside of any shops (along with help from my buddy Jay with the tubbed E30 car we worked on). So, I guess I take it personally when people down-play accomplishments. I know I am outward when I give my opinion and I have very little patience to BS so when someone calls me a "retard" I have no hesitation in getting into it with them - I guess that's my most obvious flaw. But the trend on forums is "dyno, drag race, 60-130" and honestly it doesn't take much to make those figures look good. I used to post on bimmerforums "Messed around with a friends 4xx/5xx/6xx hp __________ and hung with it/destroyed it/etc" and got "yeah right pssshhhh cmon dyno that heap" over and over. I knew and full out that as soon as I dyno'd then it'd be "drag it, cmon 60-130, cmon".

    I could strip everything out of my car and throw my weld pro stars on and run a good time and get my 60-130 time in at the same time, but the car would be torn apart, things would surely get broken going after low times and it's not what I want from my car. I hang around the guys with 700 - 800 - 900 hp drag BMWs and I know first hand how "apart" they are throughout the season. Not interested in that. I would rather, as you can tell, spend my time working on the details and getting my car to start perfectly when its -10F out and drive in the snow Click here to enlarge To me that's more challenging and I am sure Sticky would say "That's easy" because he honestly has no idea what goes into a drive-able, docile, starts-up-under-snow 800 hp car.


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    There we go, a thread dedicated to your ego. Much better than ruining threads of others!

    Good thing I didn't get to you or anything.

    Also, just post here instead of sending me PM's whining.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    True story it seems many of the members on this forum (all like 9 active) talk about Sticky and his winning debates as a matter of him just banning you from a thread lol.
    Chad requested you be removed from the entire forum dumbass (along with others requesting the same thing) but you are still posting so what does that tell you? His thread so his intention was honored. He doesn't want you in it and I don't blame him.

    For the record, that feature has only been used twice and has only existed for weeks. It will be used more as you guys will be able to control your own threads.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There we go, a thread dedicated to your ego. Much better than ruining threads of others!

    Good thing I didn't get to you or anything.

    Also, just post here instead of sending me PM's whining.
    LOL whining, I pretty much called you an idiot which is exactly what most of the forum thinks. Note how there's been more than one reference to "yeah, arguing with that guy... good luck" lol

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Chad requested you be removed from the entire forum dumbass (along with others requesting the same thing) but you are still posting so what does that tell you? His thread so his intention was honored. He doesn't want you in it and I don't blame him.

    For the record, that feature has only been used twice and has only existed for weeks. It will be used more as you guys will be able to control your own threads.
    I find it comical that a guy banned from every forum is high and mighty talking about bans. I already told you that your silly vbulletin mod is easily circumvented else how would I have quoted you lol. Whatever stanky.

    So - where's your car and dyno and all that? $#@!s easy to do, right? Don't dodge it - now all your friends are in this thread reading your replies. You called me out on how easy it is to make power, where is yours?


  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    LOL whining, I pretty much called you an idiot.
    Crying might be more accurate.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    I find it comical that a guy banned from every forum is high and mighty talking about bans. I already told you that your silly vbulletin mod is easily circumvented else how would I have quoted you lol. Whatever stanky.

    So - where's your car and dyno and all that?
    You are a logging out genius. Easily circumvented? Then post in that thread using your username. Whoops...

    Bans? Difference between banned from forum and from thread. The thread removal feature is something all forums could use but once again we are ahead of the curve on features for users.

    Follow my build thread I guess? Kind of a stupid question when all the info is posted.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Crying might be more accurate.



    You are a logging out genius. Easily circumvented? Then post in that thread using your username. Whoops...

    Bans? Difference between banned from forum and from thread. The thread removal feature is something all forums could use but once again we are ahead of the curve on features for users.

    Follow my build thread I guess? Kind of a stupid question when all the info is posted.
    LOL crying yeah bro more like lawling.

    I logged out? Hardly - you have that idiotic "you have looked at too many pages" cookie on here. Keep guessing though. I'll have to have fun with this one.


    You're ahead of the curve? How would you know, you're banned from all the real BMW forums lol.

    Don't dodge it sticky - where is your dyno and all that good stuff. You bash me daily driving my car to work and dinner and church, but I'd pay $100 to see your car drive to your mailbox and back right now.


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    He's not local nor would he race my car or any of the cars up here. His doesn't even run yet but he's talking smack. Oh noes, a 600 hp/ 380 tq CF supercharged 4,000 LB M3 thats taking 4 yrs to build. Scurred son, scurred.
    Just for the record, why don't you go run a pass and see if your car can put up numbers near what mine did on the stock internals? Please? Don't you talk a little bit of smack for someone without a slip and who asks people to see how fast his car is by measuring how far his front bumper is off the ground while accelerating?

    Go get a slip already and stop talking.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    You're ahead of the curve? How would you know, you're banned from all the real BMW forums lol.
    Weird that you are posting on this fake one then.

    If I'm mistaken please provide me proof of this feature on another "real" BMW forum. Guess I'm right, eh?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Don't dodge it sticky - where is your dyno and all that good stuff. You bash me daily driving my car to work and dinner and church, but I'd pay $100 to see your car drive to your mailbox and back right now.
    Don't dodge what? I never dodge real performance numbers, check the garage for my dyno and slips unless that is too complicated?

    I'd pay $72k and a whole bunch of cash on top of that while not having a car that runs for 1.5 years in order to not try to look cool on the internet with an E34.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just for the record, why don't you go run a pass and see if your car can put up numbers near what mine did on the stock internals? Please? Don't you talk a little bit of smack for someone without a slip and who asks people to see how fast his car is by measuring how far his front bumper is off the ground while accelerating?

    Go get a slip already and stop talking.
    This is the defense mechanism deployed when someone is nervous and knows that I won't fulfill their wish. Instead I said I'd run you. I'll go to the grocery store, drop off my clothes to the dry cleaners, and then run you. I hang with my buddies E30 S52 that did 10.9 on a bad day - you think I am worried about a 4000 lb no torque CF supercharged turd?


  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    I'd pay $72k and a whole bunch of cash on top of that while not having a car that runs for 1.5 years in order to not try to look cool on the internet with an E34.
    I'd pay more than that to sit on the internet as an admin who has been banned from all the real forums and talks $#@! with a car that doesn't run lol. Dude. 383 tq lol. I seriously just laughed. Like, literally. That's just over HALF of (by like 30 ft lbs) of what my setup made on pump gas and a street tune. You're not looking good, pal. And a 12.19... lol. You think that's a good thing? What would be best I suppose is if you never managed to finish your car (by you I mean whatever shop you're paying... or not paying, obviously, since they aren't finishing it) and it just disappeared into the darkness of the internet... because $72k should yield a $#@! ton more power. How do you sleep at night knowing a simple outdated platform made over 25% more horsepower and 64% more torque lol... on pump gas. Now I see why you're so sad and drink alone.


  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    This is the defense mechanism deployed when someone is nervous and knows that I won't fulfill their wish. Instead I said I'd run you. I'll go to the grocery store, drop off my clothes to the dry cleaners, and then run you. I hang with my buddies E30 S52 that did 10.9 on a bad day - you think I am worried about a 4000 lb no torque CF supercharged turd?
    Hold on a second, you are asking for dyno's and numbers and you have them all in front of you. You don't even hold yourself to the same standard? Kind of a hypocrite aren't you?

    Seriously, since your car is sooooo beastly and all why not go see if you do better than where mine WAS?

    If you weren't worried, I think you would at least go see if you are worth my time. I would be more than happy to run you or anyone else.

    3550 pounds Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -361.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm sorry I'm late.

    So... what do we have here? Is your car finally running Sticks?
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    I'd pay more than that to sit on the internet as an admin who has been banned from all the real forums and talks $#@! with a car that doesn't run lol.
    Hey, my forum is doing well and you are the one posting on it instead of the reverse. If you think you can do better, by all means, show me.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    383 tq lol. I seriously just laughed. Like, literally. That's just over HALF of (by like 30 ft lbs) of what my setup made on pump gas and a street tune.
    Kind of funny how if I was making the same torque at 8k RPM I would be at what, like 1400 whp? Sorry my car is more efficient.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    You're not looking good, pal. And a 12.19... lol. You think that's a good thing? What would be best I suppose is if you never managed to finish your car (by you I mean whatever shop you're paying... or not paying, obviously, since they aren't finishing it) and it just disappeared into the darkness of the internet...
    Ummm, 12.19 was naturally aspirated bud. And yes, that was damn good.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    because $72k should yield a $#@! ton more power.
    Tell BMW, that is what they charged for the car. Or did you think that is what I spent? Man, you are in a bit of a hurry to insult as you aren't even processing the information correctly.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    How do you sleep at night knowing a simple outdated platform made over 25% more horsepower and 64% more torque lol... on pump gas. Now I see why you're so sad and drink alone.
    Drink alone? Only when it is a wine too fine to share. How do I sleep at night? I don't know, I stay up wondering about your E34 and why I didn't buy one. It is a problem I have had since 1988 when the car first hit.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    So... what do we have here? Is your car finally running Sticks?
    Yes. It's amazing.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hold on a second, you are asking for dyno's and numbers and you have them all in front of you. You don't even hold yourself to the same standard? Kind of a hypocrite aren't you?

    Seriously, since your car is sooooo beastly and all why not go see if you do better than where mine WAS?

    If you weren't worried, I think you would at least go see if you are worth my time. I would be more than happy to run you or anyone else.

    3550 pounds Click here to enlarge
    Same standard? I have my dyno on video bro. You've got a REALLY weak dyno. I feel sorry that you've spent that much money for that. It's probably why you just think everything thats more powerful is "too easy". No offense sticky but I don't think anyone here would doubt a 686 rwhp 620 rwtq 3200 lb E34 is going to worry about a car with 130 hp and almost 300 ft lbs less torque... I think most people would whole heartedly agree on that. You've got a glass transmission anyway - I am sure you'd pull that card.

    Exactly - was. For all you know your $#@! won't even start when you get it back. But noooooo you're going to make some alleged 800 rwhp... but then someone spent 5 secs doing quick CFM conversions and you realized the supercharger won't do it. Bro you're looking at a 650 rwhp setup at best hate to say it. I guess live and learn. You won't be "destroying" anything worth its salt. By time you've got your $#@! together I'll likely have my new powerplant together. Maybe I'll run race gas or actually put some timing in the thing. Even without you're still some 250 tq and 130+ hp off. To that we say, "keep dreamin"


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Kind of funny how if I was making the same torque at 8k RPM I would be at what, like 1400 whp? Sorry my car is more efficient.
    LOL. So wait - you just said that your car is more efficient because it makes less torque? You realize that horsepower is a calculated figure and torque production is in terms of engine efficiency, right? Uh oh! You never were very good at this logic thing. You also can't do math because a 620 tq powerline @ 8500 rpm is 1000 hp, not 1400.

    It is a problem I have had since 1988 when the car first hit.
    Isn't that like 3 weeks before your car went under the knife to bust out those MAD SICK 383 ft lb torque figures? Backed up only by those HUUUUUUGE 550 horsepower figures?

    DAMN!


  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -361.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Did they BUILD the tranny as planned? (I know, I know... I should go check the build thread. Click here to enlarge )
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    Did they BUILD the tranny as planned? (I know, I know... I should go check the build thread. Click here to enlarge )

    Yes - out of the finest glass in the land.


  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Points
    -361.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    As well, Stick's car can pull a bit more tang surprise than our cars.
    Click here to enlarge
    www
    milkt org

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    LOL. So wait - you just said that your car is more efficient because it makes less torque? You realize that horsepower is a calculated figure and torque production is in terms of engine efficiency, right? Uh oh! You never were very good at this logic thing. You also can't do math because a 620 tq powerline @ 8500 rpm is 1000 hp, not 1400.
    My bad, so my motor would only be putting out around 400 more horsepower at the same torque level? What about at 8400 rpm? 8800 rpm?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Isn't that like 3 weeks before your car went under the knife to bust out those MAD SICK 383 ft lb torque figures? Backed up only by those HUUUUUUGE 550 horsepower figures?

    DAMN!
    130 trap speed sucks or something? Seriously? You are talking down on people actually getting out to the strip looking at slips instead of post count?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    Did they BUILD the tranny as planned? (I know, I know... I should go check the build thread. Click here to enlarge )
    Yes, check that thread.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Same standard? I have my dyno on video bro. You've got a REALLY weak dyno. I feel sorry that you've spent that much money for that.
    You feel sorry that you can bolt on a blower and run faster than, uh, basically everything out there? GO GET A TIMESLIP AND STOP BEING A DYNO QUEEN. Holy $#@!, it's hilarious.

    If you are talking all this $#@! and can't even top where my car was (which is what you are scared of) then this is too funny. Seriously, you have great strips over there and better weather, everything in your favor. Not to mention allllll your awesome torque. Go do it already....

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Exactly - was. For all you know your $#@! won't even start when you get it back. But noooooo you're going to make some alleged 800 rwhp... but then someone spent 5 secs doing quick CFM conversions and you realized the supercharger won't do it. Bro you're looking at a 650 rwhp setup at best hate to say it. I guess live and learn. You won't be "destroying" anything worth its salt. By time you've got your $#@! together I'll likely have my new powerplant together. Maybe I'll run race gas or actually put some timing in the thing. Even without you're still some 250 tq and 130+ hp off. To that we say, "keep dreamin"
    I already know what the motor with the YSI is putting down... you don't. Go get your new motor or whatever, you'll need it.

    I will be more than happy to run. If you want to make a comparison, go do something with your car that can be compared as for now all you have done is type. Boring, lame, hypocritical.

    Seriously sweetheart, stop posting in the photography thread and get out to a drag strip. Even Mert has more numbers than you.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •