Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Question Fighting among vendors is against the rules here.

Self-explanatory... trying to understand the reason for that rule (see title).

I thought the forum was supposed to be self-policing amongst the membership, so if a member/vendor gets out of hand, the membership can "neg-rep" them if need be. Sticky jumping in and closing the thread right away might be good for Sticky, but I don't really see how it's good for the forum...?

Just interested to hear other's feedback. I don't mind if vendors disagree, as long as it stays relatively civil/professional... we're big boys and girls, we can make up our own minds about things... my $0.02.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

How is it bad for the forum for vendors to not be allowed to fight wars across multiple boards? It is good for the forum to not have its sponsors behaving like children, wouldn't you say?

I have no issue with vendors disagreeing either as long as it is done in a professional manner.

Users police themselves. Vendors and Guest Vendors are not entitled to the same benefits provided for the users as they are held to a different standard and different rules. Vendor guidelines are set by the administration and clearly explained here: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....dor-Guidelines

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Pay close attention to this portion in the provided link:

Supporting Vendors are to respect one another and not engage in any direct bashing/discrediting of another supporting vendor. Constructive criticism is allowed and appreciated but vendors will be discouraged from fighting amongst themselves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How is it bad for the forum for vendors to not be allowed to fight wars across multiple boards? It is good for the forum to not have its sponsors behaving like children, wouldn't you say?
    I agree - sponsors behaving like petulant children would do the forum no good.

When you closed the MHP/OE thread, in your opinion, had it already gone off the rails? Or did you proactively close it, worried that it would spiral out of control getting worse and worse?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    When you closed the MHP/OE thread, in your opinion, had it already gone off the rails? Or did you proactively close it, worried that it would spiral out of control getting worse and worse?
    Mostly the latter although a bit of both. Either way, I think there has been a lot more MHP vs. OE stuff than any of us really need right now. Both are great options and we should see much more constructive posting from both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well.....what's a vendor to do when they're called out, regardless of where it started. I was hoping it was different here. That thread was closed way too early, didn't even make a second page. Now you'll have a completely unfair debate on Mbw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    Well.....what's a vendor to do when they're called out, regardless of where it started. I was hoping it was different here. That thread was closed way too early, didn't even make a second page. Now you'll have a completely unfair debate on Mbw.
    MBW is completely unfair but that is their problem.

OE and MHP don't need to be threatening each other. BenzBoost is simply starting to get going and we don't want to be the place known for allowing people to talk $#@! on each other.

We are trying to maintain an open yet professional atmosphere. All that MHP and OE fighting will do is push one or the other to say enough of this and it just ends up hurting BenzBoost. I would rather work as a mediator in this instance than an instigator.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I say let them go. They are adults, they can take responsibility for their on actions. I think it can be good as a lot of the truth comes out in these, maybe some bull$#@! too but thats part of it. Let the customers sort thru it and make up their own minds.

I have learned a couple different things I didnt know from the thread. Thought it was good info. If people are doing shady things it should be brought to our attention. If you dont let them go at it, then the customers and fan boys all go to war against each other in their place. Which is worse!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I don't care if customers and fanboys go at it, feel free.

Our vendors are held to a higher standard and not the same rules as regular members as I already explained.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I don't care if customers and fanboys go at it, feel free.

Our vendors are held to a higher standard and not the same rules as regular members as I already explained.
    my point is they get used, like pawns. Because they feel the need to support who they went with. But they actually dont really know the truth so they get hurt.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    my point is they get used, like pawns. Because they feel the need to support who they went with. But they actually dont really know the truth so they get hurt.
    Who gets used like pawns exactly and why?

Fanboys are a natural part of the game. They rarely know what is really going on anyway which is why we take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

So where is Andys rebutle? It says on MB World that he posted his side of the story, where is it?
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Who gets used like pawns exactly and why?

Fanboys are a natural part of the game. They rarely know what is really going on anyway which is why we take their opinions with a grain of salt.
    customers get used.

I spent time defending a company I thought I knew and I was close with them. Much more so, than other customers are with many companies. I learned the hard way. And I wasnt even fanboyish I just defended them cause they got attacked a lot. I wish I knew the truth from the get go. If stuff like this happened and could actually find out the truth, instead of customers going back and forth would of saved me a lot of time and wasted energy.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

customers get used.

I spent time defending a company I thought I knew and I was close with them. Much more so, than other customers are with many companies. I learned the hard way. And I wasnt even fanboyish I just defended them cause they got attacked a lot. I wish I knew the truth from the get go. If stuff like this happened and could actually find out the truth, instead of customers going back and forth would of saved me a lot of time and wasted energy.
    So what company used you? My $#@! just recently healed up from getting bent over by a vendor I was close with and gave a $#@!load of cash to and got a ton of business for them. Buyer beware and don't trust anyone until they earn it. Steve and Mike at Weistec have earned my trust, I recomend them to everyone, if more vendors were like them there would be a whole lot less pissed of customer threads on these boards...but then again that might get boring.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    So where is Andys rebutle? It says on MB World that he posted his side of the story, where is it?
    http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....-regarding-MHP

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    So what company used you? My $#@! just recently healed up from getting bent over by a vendor I was close with and gave a $#@!load of cash to and got a ton of business for them. Buyer beware and don't trust anyone until they earn it. Steve and Mike at Weistec have earned my trust, I recomend them to everyone, if more vendors were like them there would be a whole lot less pissed of customer threads on these boards...but then again that might get boring.
    Im not even gonna get into it. Its not that I got used, its people after. Found out many lies and shady acts. I felt like a tool and a used idiot after I found many things out. Actually hurt cause I felt like they were my friends but after seeing their true actions, I realized I cant associate with them
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

customers get used.

I can read between your lines and know what you are referring to.

You are saying if vendors fought it would help you somehow come to your own realization? It isn't all that different fanboys fighting.

How about behaving like professionals? This is what I like to see in companies. Products can speak for themselves. I think some vendors here could learn a thing or two from Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I can read between your lines and know what you are referring to.

You are saying if vendors fought it would help you some how come to your own realization? It isn't all that different fanboys fighting.

How about behaving like professionals? This is what I like to see in companies. Products can speak for themselves. I think some vendors here could learn a thing or two from Weistec.
    you can, nobody else can.

it is different but I get your point to. But I think people should behave how they want and it their choice. So why try and control it.

I agree, people should behave professionally. But let them make that decision. Right now its just forcing them to behave how u see fit.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mostly the latter although a bit of both.
    Mostly proactive, then? Jumping in to close a thread because of where you think it might be going is pretty heavy-handed moderation, IMHO.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    Well.....what's a vendor to do when they're called out, regardless of where it started. I was hoping it was different here. That thread was closed way too early, didn't even make a second page.
    Agreed - my sentiments as well.

I say let them go. They are adults, they can take responsibility for their on actions. I think it can be good as a lot of the truth comes out in these, maybe some bull$#@! too but thats part of it. Let the customers sort thru it and make up their own minds.

I have learned a couple different things I didnt know from the thread. Thought it was good info. If people are doing shady things it should be brought to our attention. If you dont let them go at it, then the customers and fan boys all go to war against each other in their place. Which is worse!
    Agree with this as well.

Overall, thanks - I wondered what others' input would be. Glad I'm not the only one who found it rather odd that it was shut down so quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mostly proactive, then? Jumping in to close a thread because of where you think it might be going is pretty heavy-handed moderation, IMHO.

Agreed - my sentiments as well.

Agree with this as well.

Overall, thanks - I wondered what others' input would be. Glad I'm not the only one who found it rather odd that it was shut down so quickly.
    Way too quickly IMO, but it is Sticky's forum. I say let the vendors deal with their actions and repercussions. Let them handle it as they see fit.

Sticky not putting you on blast, but im sure its a tough position for you to be in as well. You car is being tuned by OE and your forum gets a lot of help and action from MHP. So ending the drama may be best!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Way too quickly IMO, but it is Sticky's forum. I say let the vendors deal with their actions and repercussions. Let them handle it as they see fit.

Sticky not putting you on blast, but im sure its a tough position for you to be in as well. You car is being tuned by OE and your forum gets a lot of help and action from MHP. So ending the drama may be best!
    I think it he handled it maturely because the site is too fresh to $#@! it all up with vendors bashing each other. I agree with your post about letting them talk it out as men, we are all adults.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Have you seen the fighting between vendors on other sites? Not very good things come out of it. Vendors look like children and it encourages fanboi users to bash each other. The only winner (if you can call them) that comes out of it, is the one that usually pays the most.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Why should i rep you everyday? lol Agreed with this.
    IMO Sticky reacted too soon because OE was involved in this fight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I agree, people should behave professionally. But let them make that decision. Right now its just forcing them to behave how u see fit.
    If I intended to let them make that decision we would not have vendor guidelines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I know dude, I'm out of control with all these threads that get locked around here. Heavy handed is usually my style.

Agree with this as well.

You found it odd we enforce some rules sometimes? I'm sure you guys would love to see OE Tuning and MHP fight to the death for your amusement but sometimes the high road is the right road despite it being the least traveled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Why should i rep you everyday? lol Agreed with this.
    IMO Sticky reacted too soon because OE was involved in this fight.
    For the record, MHP has been more supportive of this forum than OE although I will not pick favorites. Rules are spelled out for users and vendors alike and all are treated equally.

You guys have gotten spoiled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast