Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Ok sorry for the wait. My wife gave birth during all this so I had to hold back on forum activity for a few days.

Basically this has to do with my electrical gremlins that I posted about a little while ago.

Last year my car got rearended. It was repaired by dealership X. I wont disclose dealership X yet because there may be litigation involved and I don't want to discolse anything publicly about who they are, yet.

Dealership X are basically a gang of crooks.

About 10 months later the car starts having serious electric problems. Hence why last month I posted about it. I take the car into dealership Y. A different dealership. I since moved about an hour north of dealership X and did not feel the need to drive down there when there was another dealership next to me.

Dealership Y says that over the course of 10 months the modules in my trunk have corroded due to water leaking in there because of an improperly installed drain pipe. Everytime it rained the water would short the modules back there basically.

So now dealership X demands that they have the right to see my car. They want to toe the car all the way down to their garage to 'look at it'. No thanks. It's staying up here near me with people I can trust.

So dealership X has no choice but to approve of the repairs. This whole time dealership X is acting EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL.

After about 2 weeks the car is finally finished and Dealership Y is waiting to collect payment from dealership X.

Of course dealership X doesnt want to pay for the rental (loaner) car I was put in because they are claiming that Y was 'dragging out rental payments'. In fact Y was not dragging anything out, they cannot realease the car until they get paid in full for the repairs. Something that dealership X said 'would take a few days'. Instead of putting the bill on a company credit card they wanted to mail a check.

During all this dealership X has been trying to force me, the customer, to pay for any rental charges incurred after the car was finished until it was released. Basically, their slowness to pay for the repair charges is MY FAULT and THE CUSTOMER should pay for THEIR LACK of competence in both repairing the car and paying for it.

So I said this was unacceptable. I am not paying for $#@!, I am a customer and the car is warrantied.

Dealership Y said they would pay for the rental but they still cannot release the car until they recieve payment for the repairs. Basically, instead of making things better for me, dealership X unprofessionally asked the customer to front the money for the repairs and will 're-imburse' me for it by mailed check.

Awesome huh? Incompetence of dealership X involving a customer in the dealership finances and repairs makes me sick.

It doesnt even end here. Dealership X asked for a copy of the bill and they flipped out at the amount which wasnt even that much.

They in fact did not want to pay for a $42 misc charges on the bill (like wires, bolts, nuts etc..) and said they will only re-imburse me for parts and labor. Basically, I would end up being 42 short due to dealership X's stupidity.

Dealership Y took the hit for the $42 and only charged me the amount for parts and labor (in the thousands on my credit card).

Dealership X was not acting professional at all. Instead of saying things like "we will get this worked out for you sir" it was more like "we wouldnt be having this conversation with you if you would have just let us toe the car down here to look at it".

WHAT? How the hell can they talk to a customer like this?

Dealership Y helped me out a lot, but I am going to pursue things legally if this has to go farther. I wrote a letter to BMWNA and I hope they will hear me out. This is not acceptable, involving a customer and forcing him to fund one dealerships stupidity.
    Sounds like dealer X wanted to make the money instead of dealer Y so now they will nickel and dime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Pathetic practices..........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

The $#@!ty part is that I bought 2 cars from dealer X 2 years ago and they know im a customer. They nickel and dime their own customer. How $#@!ed up can this dealership be?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

The $#@!ty part is that I bought 2 cars from dealer X 2 years ago and they know im a customer. They nickel and dime their own customer. How $#@!ed up can this dealership be?
    Need I remind you how $#@!ed up dealerships can be? http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...close-to-buyer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

The repair costs for the modules was in the thousands, dealership X didnt want to pay for that even though it was their fault. They tried to cop out as best they could at the cost of customer satisfaction.

So now, I have to wait for them to reimburse me. Guess what, whos gonna pay the interest accrued on my credit card?

You're damn right BMWNA is gonna hear about this, they nickel and dime me and Im gonna do the same.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

You're damn right BMWNA is gonna hear about this, they nickel and dime me and Im gonna do the same.
    You should, $#@! them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That sucks!

But your story turned out to be pretty boring. I mean, with all the anticipation, you could have at least thrown in some light saber battles and a couple of naked chics, no?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    you could have at least thrown in some light saber battles
    Now, this is creative.

Here, let me help DBFIU with his story.

You know what, I'm too tired. So here is a good pic:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Now, this is creative.

http://completenerdom.com/wp-content...-3-200x200.jpg
    That is what I'm talking about! I tried to rep you but it said I had to spread it around like Snookie from Jersey Shore! I'm not that slutty! Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    That is what I'm talking about! I tried to rep you but it said I had to spread it around like Snookie from Jersey Shore! I'm not that slutty! Click here to enlarge
    Yes you are or else you would not keep trying to spread it after already giving it to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Now, this is creative.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...3200x200-1.jpg
    I want her to play with my lightsaber, Sith rule!
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

End of the day, dealerships suck. I should know, I work for a dealership group.

Seriously, I've never had the displeasure of working with a bunch of incompetent, boring, sleazy, crooked, inept, clueless, shady ... slackers .. in my entire life.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    I've never had the displeasure of working with a bunch of incompetent, boring, sleazy, crooked, inept, clueless, shady ... slackers .. in my entire life.
    Become a senator.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

wow what a pain... people these days just trying to make a quick buck at the expense of others.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

It's a dealership that is supposed to cover my car under warranty. Not swindle their way into getting me to pay for their $#@! up and then make me wait for a so called re-imbursement that I may or may not get depending on whether or not the service manager had his period this month. I dont like games, I am not paying for a brand new BMW only to get served used toyota car lot ethics.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Good thing we don't have warranty here, we have but just for 1 year so i take my to any shops i want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

That is retarded. dealer X needs to go $#@! themselves.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    DBFIU, contact information sent... Please keep his personal information confidential.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    DBFIU, contact information sent... Please keep his personal information confidential.
    Thank you for helping out a fellow board member.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for helping him out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12