Close

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just had a lengthy conversation with James. This setup is going to blow everyone away, i can gurantee you that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    If you have a piggyback with CANbus and CPS offset, why would the ecu be unhappy if you are simply feeding the targets right back to the DME? As for fuelling and timing, you can all dial those in on a load based dyno and save the settings. With a piggyback like the cpe standback that is fully tuneable by the end user, I don't see this being much of an issue at all.
    Does the Standback have CAN transceivers? I've been reading packets for awhile with various filters, etc, to hone in on what I want to read and it's quite an involved project. I could see myself spending another 200 hours at it before we get what we really want.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Does the Standback have CAN transceivers? I've been reading packets for awhile with various filters, etc, to hone in on what I want to read and it's quite an involved project. I could see myself spending another 200 hours at it before we get what we really want.
    Currently it does not, but I believe they are working on it. Havn't talked to the EE lou is some time now, so i can't say with confidence yet. It was one the things to do months ago. Assuming they are taking this on, CANbus would be a priority.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Currently it does not, but I believe they are working on it. Havn't talked to the EE lou is some time now, so i can't say with confidence yet. It was one the things to do months ago. Assuming they are taking this on, CANbus would be a priority.
    It would probably require an entirely new board depending on how they routed pins to the connector on the existing board. And it's really a major hassle on the programming end. On the plus side I don't think CAN communications are a prerequisite for tuning a single turbo. The real advantage the CPE setup has for this is its ability to run separate piggyback injectors. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it also has a very high current PWM capable of running a meth pump as well (5-8amps). Anyway it seems like a good fit for this type of project.

Do you have the technical specs of the CPE setup in terms of I/O? Maybe its in the guide?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who wants to see some pictures of a motor reduced to nothing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Thats fair enough. I will share some more information with you:

1) engine management- CP-E standback and profuel controller will be utilized.
    2) Fuel System - Custom duel walbro fuel pumps with six additional injectors. The six injectors will be approximetely 180-210 cc and be positioned in a spacer between the engine and the intake manifold. Fabricating a new intake manifold was not worth the cost.
    3) Exhaust Manifold - Equal Length Manifold
    4) Turbo - GT37 Twin Scroll
    5) Wastegates - Two Tial 38 mm Wastegates on each end of the exhaust manifold
    6) Blow Off Valves - Two Blow Off Valves. One recirculates air, one blows off
    7) Downpipe - 3 inch downpipe
    8) Exhaust - 3 inch exhaust
    9) Intercooler Piping - 3 inch too

thats all I can think of now. Will provide pictures here first.
    This is going to be one sick ass build. I can't wait to see the finished product. Twin scroll GT37 is no joke, glad to see someone stepped up and made an actual turbo upgrade for our cars instead of the frankensteins most companies are offering. Do you know off hand how much they're planning on charging for the kit once its released?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am uploading some pictures now. They wont make a kit, this was a complete one off setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It would probably require an entirely new board depending on how they routed pins to the connector on the existing board. And it's really a major hassle on the programming end. On the plus side I don't think CAN communications are a prerequisite for tuning a single turbo. The real advantage the CPE setup has for this is its ability to run separate piggyback injectors. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it also has a very high current PWM capable of running a meth pump as well (5-8amps). Anyway it seems like a good fit for this type of project.

Do you have the technical specs of the CPE setup in terms of I/O? Maybe its in the guide?
    Like I said before, I'm not cpe lol so you are going to have to ask the technical questions yourself lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very interesting..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaza45 Click here to enlarge
    very interesting..
    Honestly, this is fantastic.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Adrian - thanks for the input. We both obviously know a lot about each others systems. Many things are very similar just done in different ways. It is definately going to be a fun project and we have gone over things pretty extensively to get a good game plan for doing this. I firmly believe that all three tuning companies (BMS, Vishnu, and cp-e) could do this project with the right approach and am glad to have this opportunity to work with Justin. Thankfully, as Loosh mentioned, our pro-fuel controller will make the integration of the secondary fuel rail near seamless in this project.
    I certainly look onto this project with much interest. I am confident that at full noise (high boost), it does not matter what turbos are providing the boost, and the DME can be kept happy... just feed it a TMAP signal it likes and it will provide as much fuel as it can and just supplementary fuel the rest. You have CPS for ignition control, and the VANOS should be good were the DME puts it. It is the doodling about mid range load stuff that I think will be the challenge. I do believe it can be done, and I have my own ideas on how we would do it with the Procede, and I am sure you can try something similar, although some of my ideas would require the CAN interface we now use for alot of our stuff. BTW, I should say that I am confident the mid range can be done... just not sure if I would be happy with the tuning aspects of the way it would be done. Alot of this depends on the boost available from this turbo setup at lower RPM.

It does sound like an exciting project, and I wish you all the best. There will be some headaches, but I am sure you will get through them.

Adrian

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    I certainly look onto this project with much interest. I am confident that at full noise (high boost), it does not matter what turbos are providing the boost, and the DME can be kept happy... just feed it a TMAP signal it likes and it will provide as much fuel as it can and just supplementary fuel the rest. You have CPS for ignition control, and the VANOS should be good were the DME puts it. It is the doodling about mid range load stuff that I think will be the challenge. I do believe it can be done, and I have my own ideas on how we would do it with the Procede, and I am sure you can try something similar, although some of my ideas would require the CAN interface we now use for alot of our stuff. BTW, I should say that I am confident the mid range can be done... just not sure if I would be happy with the tuning aspects of the way it would be done. Alot of this depends on the boost available from this turbo setup at lower RPM.

It does sound like an exciting project, and I wish you all the best. There will be some headaches, but I am sure you will get through them.

Adrian
    You ever tell shiv to read your posts more? I think he would be less hated lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually, we found a way to work around that issue already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be watching this one!!!

best of luck.

post more pics, now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm really excited to see how all the exhaust and intake plumbing turns out! Good luck with this project, hopefully it will spark an increase in after-market turbo kits for the N54, or at the least show the potential of this platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually, we found a way to work around that issue already.
    Your confidence is truly inspiring. However I am not convinced you have done much work in this industry before, but it is great you have the unquestioned trust in the people working on your car. It sounds like you have some plans already which is great, but I would suggest you refrain from claiming you have conquered this until you have done so. You may be eating some humble pie with that attitude. Then again maybe I will be.

I am not claiming it cannot be done... it is just that I have worked with this DME quite a bit. Probably atleast as much as anyone else has, and I have some ideas for working working around it, but I certainly would not have the confidence to claim all problems were conquered before I even tried it. Hopefully it will be as easy as you claim.

Adrian

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We aren't going to go into much detail until the project is done. This thread was created because Justin is excited and wanted to share with the community. On our end - we are excited as well but won't be joyous until the project is complete and running like we want it to. Till then we will remain quiet and once finished share details on the project. I have full faith in our team. JE and I have spoken multiple times and figured out what is needed to make this succeed. I have explained the boost response I need out of this setup and we are designing it accordingly. I look forward to the day this is all over and people can see the results. Till then - I am off to get married and enjoy my honeymoon. When I get back its GAME ON!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As I have said before,
    There was a lot of effort that has gone into this build, even before the car was dropped off at JE. It wasn't some fly by night project. As far as saying "I haven't done work in the industry", you should reconsider that thought.
    Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excellent info in this thread! It's really great to see such intelligent pioneers of the market discuss such a highly-anticipated topic!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tek818 Click here to enlarge
    Excellent info in this thread! It's really great to see such intelligent pioneers of the market discuss such a highly-anticipated topic!
    Absolutely agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Things are progressing very smoothly. I hope to have some pictures tomorrow. If not, Monday or Tuesday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Things are progressing very smoothly. I hope to have some pictures tomorrow. If not, Monday or Tuesday.
    Glad to hear it! The manifold is what everyone is waiting to see I'm sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I won't disappoint. This is one exciting build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have some sexy pictures for you all Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast