Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

More Cold Weather Power & Dyno Graphs

Decided to beat on the car a little today. The virtual dyno tool was recently updated to include the specs of the 135i so I thought I would conduct several runs to test her out. Specifics of the runs were:
    • Outside Air Temp = 60F or 16C
    • All pulls conducted in 3rd gear
    • JB4 + CMGS FSB Meth Setup (Map 3 with 50 Meth Add)
    • 90/10 meth mixture
    • Full Bolt Ons (FMIC, DPs, DCI, Exhaust)
    • Street setup, full weight and 91 Octane Pump Gas from Esso
    I conducted 7 runs in total, all effectively back to back, the following reports the 3 that were the closest together in the power range. Below are the JB4 logs of each run and the Virtual Dyno compilation of the 3 runs plotted against each other:

Run 1 JB4 Log (441 whp)
    Click here to enlarge

Run 3 JB4 Log (468 whp)
    Click here to enlarge

Run 5 JB4 Log (482whp)
    Click here to enlarge

Virtual Dyno Chart
    Click here to enlarge

The car is seriously scary right now. I was braking loose in 3rd gear (have a look at the throttle closure blips in the JB4 logs). I may load up the DRs and head to the track one more time this year just to see if I can sneak under 11.5.
    Click here to enlarge
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn man... mid-high 400's on pump+meth? that's amazing on stock turbos afaik. those're numbers reserved for uppd turbos lol... you must have perfect weather conditions (60F, humidity?) i'd love to see you replicate those numbers on a dyno but i don't believe you'll have sufficient airflow like the real world tests/virtual dyno. anyway awesome stuff dude, i cant even imagine what your car would push with upgraded chras. i can now see why you have run such amazing times in the past...
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    damn man... mid-high 400's on pump+meth? that's amazing on stock turbos afaik. those're numbers reserved for uppd turbos lol... you must have perfect weather conditions (60F, humidity?) i'd love to see you replicate those numbers on a dyno but i don't believe you'll have sufficient airflow like the real world tests/virtual dyno. anyway awesome stuff dude, i cant even imagine what your car would push with upgraded chras. i can now see why you have run such amazing times in the past...
    Yep, there is no way this is going to replicate on a real dyno that is starved for real world airflow. I am guessing more like 420-430whp. Humidity was 56% today.

I am going to wait out winter to see what the market brings us in terms of more turbo options then take the plunge next season. I want a 10s car without NOS Click here to enlarge
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have any real dynocharts in this weather?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you have any real dynocharts in this weather?
    Going to get the car on rollers this weekend. My guess is the real figures will be closers to 420 - 430whp. The tool is great but seems inflated. Lately my runs on have shown average power at 460whp on 17psi which is likely closer to reality.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB