Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^i remember that book from my childhood. very sad story, but i'd say that is something that happens quite often in cold poor countries. man i should stop coming to this thread T_T
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

At least it had a happy ending.. prolly get dumped by the cosmic mommy too eventually tho.. eternity's a long time.. i'm still bucking for non-sentience..

Found this today:

The Japanese long considered the endurance of profound sadness a mark of distinction. They believed that a bout of depression made them stronger, more resilient people. Eli Lily did not introduce Prozac into the Japanese market because, according to Watters, the company felt the Japanese would not accept the pathologization of something they considered a natural part of life. They simply did not think of depression as a disease. They considered it a normal part of living and found ways to use it to their benefit.

(me again) This spoke to me. I was on antidepressants for awhile, Prozac and every other trick to come down the pike and actually stopped even though they seemed to be somewhat "working".. but it didn't feel *sane*.. maybe "authentic" is a better word.. to be happy in this particular coil just felt.. insincere.. I wanted my trusty clear-lensed glasses back..

​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge

At least it had a happy ending.. prolly get dumped by the cosmic mommy too eventually tho.. eternity's a long time.. i'm still bucking for non-sentience..

Found this today:

The Japanese long considered the endurance of profound sadness a mark of distinction. They believed that a bout of depression made them stronger, more resilient people. Eli Lily did not introduce Prozac into the Japanese market because, according to Watters, the company felt the Japanese would not accept the pathologization of something they considered a natural part of life. They simply did not think of depression as a disease. They considered it a normal part of living and found ways to use it to their benefit.

(me again) This spoke to me. I was on antidepressants for awhile, Prozac and every other trick to come down the pike and actually stopped even though they seemed to be somewhat "working".. but it didn't feel *sane*.. maybe "authentic" is a better word.. to be happy in this particular coil just felt.. insincere.. I wanted my trusty clear-lensed glasses back..

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-08/w...re?_s=PM:WORLD
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Found this on another site

Group of people go explore the Catacombs under Ukraine which are around 2,500km long. Find a corpse of a 19 year old girl down there.

"it's a very sad story. She went with her friends into katakombs to celebrate a 2005s new year. It was a very big bad-experiment group, so probably when in the morning drunk group left katakombs, they forgot girl inside. It was a very long and painful death! She couldn't find an entrance.
    She was taken out only in the end of 2007 аnd buried."

"Imagine the sheer terror she must've felt as she wandered around lost. Especially after her flashlight went out. She probably screamed until her throat bled. Desperately searching for a way out, believing she heard or felt a gust of wind..or perhaps mistaking a hypnogognic flash for light. I wonder at what point she gave up, sat down and died. Or if maybe she never gave up at all, and died there crawling across the floor, fighting in vain towards the possibility of an exit. I wonder what she saw when the hallucinations set in, as her organs failed from dehydration there in the darkness."

Click here to enlarge

http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.a...threadid=68818
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Heeee. Hey, ya can't know yer real limits til ya exceed 'em right? And the dead feel no pain and can't miss joy so... so.... hmmmmm... Click here to enlarge .. maybe only reason i haven't followed their example is too used to them bein' in the rearview Click here to enlarge .

Everyone has their breaking point, misery-wise. Be the purveyors moral agents doing their version of The Right Thing(TM) or more "natural" tormentors like, say, a condition combining full-body immobility with searing pain for which you were unfortunate enough to find yourself in a hospital outside of Switzerland, if it happens to you, you can kiss your dignity and maybe even your sanity goodbye, "brave" or otherwise. Which is maybe why such bravery as represented in the metaphor of the ill-fated GI Joe or the Little Match Girl seems so tragic to us, even though we admire it.

So to the professional gamblers out there - ie: anyone daring to live another minute - just some food for thought: Have a nice day, for it may cost you dearly!

And NEVER put salt in your eye Click here to enlarge
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge

Group of people go explore the Catacombs under Ukraine which are around 2,500km long. Find a corpse of a 19 year old girl down there.

"it's a very sad story. She went with her friends into katakombs to celebrate a 2005s new year. It was a very big bad-experiment group, so probably when in the morning drunk group left katakombs, they forgot girl inside. It was a very long and painful death! She couldn't find an entrance.

"Imagine the sheer terror she must've felt as she wandered around lost. Especially after her flashlight went out. She probably screamed until her throat bled. Desperately searching for a way out, believing she heard or felt a gust of wind..or perhaps mistaking a hypnogognic flash for light. I wonder at what point she gave up, sat down and died. Or if maybe she never gave up at all, and died there crawling across the floor, fighting in vain towards the possibility of an exit. I wonder what she saw when the hallucinations set in, as her organs failed from dehydration there in the darkness."

http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...5f5cc28d-1.jpg

Wow excellent imagery.. "wonder" indeed.. all i can say is thank goodness for dehydration as starvation takes way longer.

An aside: i was berating myself for being a fat heifer (oh yes i'm duly humble.. would throw *myself* outta bed in a heartbeat.. and infact DO sometimes wake up on the floor, hehe), and a friend sez, "eh, you'll live longer in the wilderness" and i said, "you really know how to drive a girl to dieting don'tcha", heh..

(WIKKED looking car in yer sig, btw..)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Heeee. Hey, ya can't know yer real limits til ya exceed 'em right? And the dead feel no pain and can't miss joy so... so.... hmmmmm... Click here to enlarge .. maybe only reason i haven't followed their example is too used to them bein' in the rearview Click here to enlarge .

Everyone has their breaking point, misery-wise. Be the purveyors moral agents doing their version of The Right Thing(TM) or more "natural" tormentors like, say, a condition combining full-body immobility with searing pain for which you were unfortunate enough to find yourself in a hospital outside of Switzerland, if it happens to you, you can kiss your dignity and maybe even your sanity goodbye, "brave" or otherwise. Which is maybe why such bravery as represented in the metaphor of the ill-fated GI Joe or the Little Match Girl seems so tragic to us, even though we admire it.

So to the professional gamblers out there - ie: anyone daring to live another minute - just some food for thought: Have a nice day, for it may cost you dearly!

And NEVER put salt in your eye Click here to enlarge
    I have absolutely no idea what you're saying here. Need an interpreter to break this down for me I guess.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wow excellent imagery.. "wonder" indeed.. all i can say is thank goodness for dehydration as starvation takes way longer.

An aside: i was berating myself for being a fat heifer (oh yes i'm duly humble.. would throw *myself* outta bed in a heartbeat.. and infact DO sometimes wake up on the floor, hehe), and a friend sez, "eh, you'll live longer in the wilderness" and i said, "you really know how to drive a girl to dieting don'tcha", heh..

(WIKKED looking car in yer sig, btw..)
    Tell me about it, apparently theirs waist deep water in some locations under there. Could you imagine walking and falling into the water. Has to be horrifying. Especially when the flashlight goes out, your mind would be thinking of the worst possible things imaginable. You start seeing random stuff, it's completely dark in here. You're mind starts panic and you pretend to hear stuff. I'm sure you look fine by the way. And thanks, I've had this signature, think when I first joined. I'll have in person one day haha.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I have absolutely no idea what you're saying here. Need an interpreter to break this down for me I guess.
    I think I got this, I believe she's referring to how different people have their own limits and how some of us can withstand different levels and types of depression. Until we go crazy and commit suicide. The part about the hospital could be saying that if you do try to commit suicide but you fail in the attempt and wake up in a hospital, you will lose all respect for yourself. I'm not to sure about the rest of the quotes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    In summary: life is capable of throwing things at you that are beyond your ability to cope with but which you can no longer escape via a dignified suicide due to being in other humans' "care" for whatever reason (like a hospital perhaps, where your only option - if given one - is Cave Girl's fate of death by dehydration), and everyday you live, even one that starts out great, carries the risk of being "the one".

The reference to Switzerland was due to their having legal assisted suicide for "quality of life" reasons, so basically if you can convince someone at the Dignitas clinic (the bye-bye place) that you really, truly think your life sucks and are set in that opinion then that and a modest sum will get you a ticket to ride.. This to me is Dignity, the true mark of self-ownership.

To ponder:

The movie is based on the life of iconic euthanasia activist Ramon Sampedro, who became paralysed during a Nice Day of diving:

Such was his paralysis that he was not able to kill himself, so he battled through the courts for the right to die. The case even reached the European courts but his pleas were ignored.
    Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4206963.stm

And for some comic relief, the "salt in your eye" schtick was an insider reference to one of my fave Kids in the Hall skits:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think I got this, I believe she's referring to how different people have their own limits and how some of us can withstand different levels and types of depression. Until we go crazy and commit suicide. The part about the hospital could be saying that if you do try to commit suicide but you fail in the attempt and wake up in a hospital, you will lose all respect for yourself. I'm not to sure about the rest of the quotes.
    Yes to the above, except i wasn't referring to botched suicides but to situations where you want to die but can't - like paralysis - due to the meddling church-lady mentality of the medical and legal sectors, to whom i refer collectively as the Know Betters..

An example, transmitted to me via one of my pro-euthanasia lobbies:

A man went into a Catholic hospice - usually great places, infact i donate to them - but in this case the person needed more drugs for the pain as death approached. The nurse on duty - a Nun - said that "death was an important event and he needed to be conscious for it"..

But it gets worse: His family pleaded that he was in pain and needed relief and the response was - buckle up for this one - "Christ suffered"..

Tho the above may belong more in a RAGE thread cuz when i found that out, all i could think was, "freedom won't be safe til the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest", heh.. Voltaire i believe..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm sure you look fine by the way. And thanks, I've had this signature, think when I first joined. I'll have in person one day haha.
    When Josh finally finishes my Twinscrew i won't hide from the camera.. i'll be proud and wanting y'all to see the pride on my face.. plus imma sociable critter at heart (don't tell anyone, heh..)..

They say you lose 1hp for every 10lbs, so there's an incentive to take those morning walks-to-nowhere on this boring island.. but the beer.. gotta have the beer, man!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes to the above, except i wasn't referring to botched suicides but to situations where you want to die but can't - like paralysis - due to the meddling church-lady mentality of the medical and legal sectors, to whom i refer collectively as the Know Betters..

An example, transmitted to me via one of my pro-euthanasia lobbies:

A man went into a Catholic hospice - usually great places, infact i donate to them - but in this case the person needed more drugs for the pain as death approached. The nurse on duty - a Nun - said that "death was an important event and he needed to be conscious for it"..

But it gets worse: His family pleaded that he was in pain and needed relief and the response was - buckle up for this one - "Christ suffered"..

Tho the above may belong more in a RAGE thread cuz when i found that out, all i could think was, "freedom won't be safe til the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest", heh.. Voltaire i believe..
    Wow, that's pretty crazy. Couldn't the family sue for something like that? It seems like people can sue everything else.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Couldn't the family sue for something like that? It seems like people can sue everything else.
    Sure, but good luck in a world where doctors are getting jailed for "over prescribing" pain meds. That just depresses the crap outta me. Not even because of the act itself (that's more in the "enraging" category), but the fact that somewhere, back in the primordial ooze, my dna mingled with theirs.. makes my skin crawl..

There IS a bright side to the story, tho, which is that after the Nun got off duty a REAL nurse came on and hooked him up. Otherwise they may have taken action, who knows. The Nurse commented that the Nun was notorious for this but was part of the church that ran the place so they had to do their best to work around her. But in this case all's well that ended well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If this doesn't get any response out of you then you don't have a heart:

Attachment 10344
    Ugh, I'm about to cry myself.. So sad

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...5f5cc28d-1.jpg

$#@!ed up friends to leave her there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Sure, but good luck in a world where doctors are getting jailed for "over prescribing" pain meds. That just depresses the crap outta me. Not even because of the act itself (that's more in the "enraging" category), but the fact that somewhere, back in the primordial ooze, my dna mingled with theirs.. makes my skin crawl..

There IS a bright side to the story, tho, which is that after the Nun got off duty a REAL nurse came on and hooked him up. Otherwise they may have taken action, who knows. The Nurse commented that the Nun was notorious for this but was part of the church that ran the place so they had to do their best to work around her. But in this case all's well that ended well.
    That's crazy, at least he got what he wanted in the end. It's crazy the world we live in, sad mostly :/.

$#@!ed up friends to leave her there.
    Tell me about it, I think theirs something in their that they went back but found her dead. They were to afraid to tell the police. Last thing you want is friends like that. Don't know the whole story about what their parents did or something. Although some said it could have been murder.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Tell me about it, I think theirs something in their that they went back but found her dead.
    What, like 5 days later?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What, like 5 days later?
    You know how stupid these kids have been getting these past few years. Probably took them a life time and a half to figure out she didn't come out that night.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mert a member on this forum, and any other.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Wow... that's... awesome.. i feel... better! If only everyone were that cool life would be much nicer, literally. And it's as simple as just dong it.. except in the US where they BUST you for it.. "code" violations.. yep it's code alright and we get the message..

GG: haha, Mert, i thought of him the other day while devouring a turkey-bacon sammie, and it's all your fault!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow... that's... awesome.. i feel... better! If only everyone were that cool life would be much nicer, literally. And it's as simple as just dong it.. except in the US where they BUST you for it.. "code" violations.. yep it's code alright and we get the message..

GG: haha, Mert, i thought of him the other day while devouring a turkey-bacon sammie, and it's all your fault!
    I'm glad he comes to mind so we can remember what type of human steals from another then attacks another member calling that person a thief. The end of the day a good sammie helps more then it harms....
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm still not depressed by any of the vids... (I am Robot)

Only thing that depresses me is the state of the US Government
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast