Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What would be depressing would be if Ron Paul doesn't win in 2012.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

It's depressing that every thread turns into a ron paul thread...I just want to talk about something other than ron paul V_V

...for once Click here to enlarge.

Going back to what was being said about making an impact on the world...we can, we just choose not to in some sense thinking the other guy will do it...except he is thinking the same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    It's depressing that every thread turns into a ron paul thread...I just want to talk about something other than ron paul V_V

...for once Click here to enlarge.

Going back to what was being said about making an impact on the world...we can, we just choose not to in some sense thinking the other guy will do it...except he is thinking the same thing.
    Well I guess if you want to turn a blind eye to what has been going on in this country we can limit threads about Ron Paul, and what he has stood for. This is the off topic section, and I will keep informing the membership here about whats going on in the USA and what Ron Paul has stood for over the decades. You attacking that is depressing. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^lol, I can look at every thread and read about him. I think one thread without his mention is enough Click here to enlarge not to mention you have him in your signature.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^lol, I can look at every thread and read about him. I think one thread without his mention is enough Click here to enlarge not to mention you have him in your signature.
    Well its an off topic section, and I believe many in this section like knowing what Ron Paul stands for. I think many have had enough of the lies we have been being fed over the years. I will not stop posting what I see is right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not trying to bum anyone out:

Attachment 10341
    Heh, no worries Stick, ironically enough the only time i feel truly SANE is in the depth of depression.

I mean, unless one's a sadist or just plain feral, what other rational reaction IS there to being shang-hai'd into a biological prison of coercive instincts as part and parcel of an ecosystem that's sustained by things killing other things and eating 'em?

No sentience no cry cuz this ain't no Eden it's submit or die be ye faithful or heathen no pain no gain "what'd you say?" yep that's the plan from here to Doomsday..

Awwwwww yeah, now let's give it up for the parents who make it all possible.. that's right kids, show 'em how ya REALLY feel..
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Utterly gut-wrenching. Yes, this is the sort of baked-in agony that makes life such a $#@!.

I break down upon the contemplation of certain things, all centering on this sort of "Island of Misfit Toys" theme, to the point of almost attributing feelings to objects that are meant to make us happy but are rejected/neglected, and the imagery of the game sitting there un-opened, then played, but without the glow of the former context, and ultimately put on a shelf.

When i was no more than 5, my mom took me Christmas shopping in Kmart, where i happened upon a GI Joe doll out of the box and sitting by himself on an otherwise-empty, dusty rack of shelves. It was near the service exit. It was getting thrown away. (welling up a bit here, but pressing on..). He was missing an arm, but with the other one was reaching out - not asking for help but still offering it, like the good soldier he was, and with a brave expression on his face, not complaining about the abandonment that i was later to learn is the fate of almost all such loyal, selfless men.

I brought mom over and asked her to please buy him for me. She said, "but you don't even like toy soldiers" (my lip began to tremble), and i said, "but i like THIS one!!", and she was like, "ok, but this one's broken, let's get you a GOOD one in a BOX"..

I $#@!ing lost it. Just kept looking at that brave face with outstretched arm on that dusty shelf on the way to the GARBAGE and just started BAWLING, saying, "BUT THEY'RE GONNA THROW HIM AWAY!!!", and her saying "THAT'S RIDICULOUS, IT DOESN'T HAVE FEELINGS", and i just began screaming, screaming my heart out for something - some memory, some person, who knows, just some PAIN that was so ACUTE and OVERWHELMING that i COULDN'T BEAR TO BE ALIVE IN THIS WORLD, it was like that poor GI Joe was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, and the pain too, but was bearing it so gracefully.. i just couldn't stand it. It wrecked me.

I'm still wrecked. Still can't stand it. I'm breaking down as we speak. It's like, this mortal coil has to end. But it won't. It just grinds on and people apologise for it six ways to Sunday with the most strained logic and most outlandish myths to make ok what they know isn't ok, because to see it clearly.... would wreck them.

i love my car, man.. i love my Marjoleine.. i need her back... cars seem like boys to me sometimes, tho.. cool ones like GI Joe.. they just wanna help us.. they are precious things, manifestations of the best intentions of humans, offered so proudly by their makers.. we gotta respect that... WE GOTTA LOVE OUR CARS.. And Gotta find 'em good homes if we have to sell them.. and $#@! "TOTALED"... IT AIN'T TOTALED IF ITS FIXABLE YOU BEAN-COUNTING $#@!S..
    Last edited by susan28; 09-19-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^did toy story scar you? =(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^did toy story scar you? =(
    Heh, no, i purposely avoided watching that as i knew it would push my buttons.. but THEN sometimes i feel bad for ignoring it, knowing Buzz Lightyear's in it and did it for us, so we owe it to him to watch..

Yeah, can watch Hannibal Lecter chow down on pompous fools all day long and have no reaction but HUNGER, hehe.. but i'm afraid of some Toy Story..

I think i gotta watch it now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What is it about love that can evoke such sadness.. maybe the knowledge that we're all such tragic critters, so Noble sentiments seem all the more doomed, which only makes them more dear..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If this doesn't get any response out of you then you don't have a heart:

Attachment 10344
    $#@!in' aye..

And i'm glad he does what he does for the animals. But the bottom line is, as with those who enforce unjust laws in the name of "their job" (like getting *paid* for something sanctifies it?), if no-one would do it, it would stop getting done. At some point, the person who's actually *doing* the $#@! needs to be held accountable, not the ones "ordering" them to, even if those telling them to happen to be a "majority", like that means a hill of beans to right and wrong. We have individual free will. We can say no. Even to our so-called "job", and even to the law. Maybe he thinks if it wasn't him it'd be someone else. You hear that alot. But refusal begins with each of us.

Agree with him we need to scream about it though.. how anyone could condone this happening to creatures that did no wrong is beyond me. GAS.. 40 MINUTES?! It makes me think of my lifelong best-ever friend Lilah who recently died in my own arms with a merciful needle. We owe decent creatures that much. All of them.

I had NO IDEA this was how formerly-free animals died. No idea. Even PETA couldn't make this up. $#@!. This really bout says it all about the human ape.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Even PETA couldn't make this up.
    PETA actually puts a large number of animals to death as well...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

PETA actually puts a large number of animals to death as well...
    Yeah i know.. hopefully not like this.

Anyway, i'm gonna look into this further and see what can be done. Too many feral animals is bad. But this is an atrocity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm still a robot... Click here to enlarge

Granted the animals did nothing wrong, but would you rather have a band of dogs wandering the streets, and possibly attacking small children? or a man who does terrible things to innocent animals (who may or may not be innocent if left to wander the streets).

Cats on the other hand, well... last time I saw a band of roving feline's was on natural geographic, and they weren't household cats... I'd rather see a band of roving cats on the street than feral dogs.

The problem is that there is no preserve, or place that these animals can be released to roam free and not enough humans who are willing to adopt them. Could send them all to a third world country where they still consume them (But is this any better than the sick man gassing them to death?).

Wish they would allow them to gas convicted terrorists, murders (serial & Mass) and serial rapists to death... $#@! this prison $#@!...

But guess what, I'm still a Robot as @DarkPhantom Complimented me to be Click here to enlarge
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

@susan28 - you ever watch Small Soldiers with Major Chip Hazard? lol. I'm sure you won't feel sorry for them then!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

X5: it's only the methodology i object to. and agree with you on the convicted a-holes of various stripes, save for the fallibility of the courts. but assuming guilt of some heinous act, heck yeah, tit for tat. BUT if you were really a robot you wouldn't care about justice, rough or otherwise.

speaking of which and a bit off topic, but i find it wholly ironic that we now give such a-holes the kindly needle but are all icky about selling doses to good-natured folk who just don't wanna be here but would rather not risk a botched hanging or what-have-you. I'm waiting for the tortured soul who actually offs someone to get on the list. Big day for the right-to-die movement when that happens.

Darko: No haven't heard of that but it sounds like fun Click here to enlarge

Ok, on the lighter side, may i present my nomination for thread mascot:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Could send them all to a third world country where they still consume them (But is this any better than the sick man gassing them to death?).
    I think so, as at least someone is getting some use out of them instead of at this point them just dying without serving any purpose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I think sending them to countries for consumption is a great idea but the problem here is - these animals are probably starving and barely have any meat left for consumption...so maybe not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Just throwing this out there, can anyone please define the word 'innocent'?

It's like whenever I hear of innocent people dying, who are we to judge what innocence is and whether or not that specific person in question is innocent. Are we god? We blatantly call people innocent when in fact we dont even know who they are and what theyre minds hide. We are fed so much bull$#@! today its not even funny. I am glad I have half a brain and can realize that no one is innocent. Whatever the hell that means.

My wife calls me nihilistic, I looked that up the other day and I felt content with that description
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Simply means bystanders not involved in the conflict.

It does not imply those lost never did anything wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

then why do they use the word innocent, they can say bystanders.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@susan28 - you ever watch Small Soldiers with Major Chip Hazard? lol. I'm sure you won't feel sorry for them then!
    I LOVED that movie when I was a kid! I'll never look at corn-cob holders and nail guns the same....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I just think it's strange that so many Americans choose to kill themselves by eating food that tastes like $#@!.....

Oh wait, it's chemically addictive..... like cigarettes..... that are backed by the government as well.....

Oh, but weed is bad. Cause you get high. Alcohol is ok though, as long as you leave the bar by 2:00AM.....

Hey you know what? Let's prescribe DRUGS that can KILL people!!! OH, and then let's prescribe DRUGS to help the DRUGS that aren't really helping! Killer profit AND we help with population control!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Just throwing this out there, can anyone please define the word 'innocent'?

It's like whenever I hear of innocent people dying, who are we to judge what innocence is and whether or not that specific person in question is innocent. Are we god? We blatantly call people innocent when in fact we dont even know who they are and what theyre minds hide. We are fed so much bull$#@! today its not even funny. I am glad I have half a brain and can realize that no one is innocent. Whatever the hell that means.

My wife calls me nihilistic, I looked that up the other day and I felt content with that description
    Nothing.. ummm.. "wrong".. with nihilism, it's just a rejection of objective morality. You can be a raving moralist - i am, quite literally, a raver and a moralist, hehe - but as a nihilist myself i don't have the luxury of claiming i have the backing of some universal truth for my assertions and am forced to admit my moral "proclivities" are just that and that at the end of the day, anyone who traditionally may be called a "monster" is just as moral as i am, provided they're consistent in their application of their own paradigm. And if not, it only matters to those who care, not to the universe en toto.

So, for instance, when i try to sell the libertarian Non-Aggression Principle as a social contract rather than the socialist "it's ok to take from the rich to feed the poor" or the neocon "it's ok to forcibly meddle in the affairs of other nations if the leader is a Big Meanie who won't play ball with us", my only arguments are "wouldn't it be nice if people minded their own beeswax?" and "PS: non-aggression doesn't mean pacifism so if you try to impose your paradigm on me by force it might get ugly", and if they're still not persuaded, i got nuthin'. Lew Rockwell and the Mises crowd can say, "God said anarcho-capitalism's awesome!"; i can't. I roll with them because we share a goal, but i can't use the Bible as a bludgeon cuz it's absolutist and i'm just a nihilist who doesn't like to be poked and offers reciprocation-in-kind. That's the paper i'm sellin'. But it ain't no sacred scroll.

So on those grounds i admire your breaching the "innocence" issue. Me i think awareness of ramifications of one's actions are a factor in being a "moral agent" and in that sense all "lower" animals (ones which have no second-order processing) are "innocent", but i use the quotes in respect to your point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    then why do they use the word innocent, they can say bystanders.
    Because you can be a bystander and be involved in the conflict. Innocent means they are not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast