Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    Are you referring to me as i used a pectel stand alone?
    Yes I am. I remember your build thread on e46fanatics years ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    More like @NickG
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena
    I believe Jon ( i forgot the username ) did a M52TU and swapped it into an E30.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It depends on the turbo, supporting mods, etc., but definitely not 11 psi at the stock compression.

You will more than meet your goal on the stock internals of 300 horsepower.
    Why not sticky? I ran 16 - 18 psi from a Holset H1E on a stock compression M50 from 175k to 201k miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Why not sticky? I ran 16 - 18 psi from a Holset H1E on a stock compression M50 from 175k to 201k miles.
    With a thicker headgasket though right? Or did you mean stock compression pistons or the compression was not changed at all?

If so, then he should not be concerned with 11 psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With a thicker headgasket though right? Or did you mean stock compression pistons or the compression was not changed at all?

If so, then he should not be concerned with 11 psi.
    100% stock compression, stock engine, stock headgasket. I bought the car at 101k miles and had every receipt none of which showed head gasket having been replaced. So, as far as I know, it was a 200k mile stock headgasket.

I've said it once or a million times before - "psi" is nothing to base anything on. Power is. I was more in the 350 - 375 rwhp territory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    100% stock compression, stock engine, stock headgasket. I bought the car at 101k miles and had every receipt none of which showed head gasket having been replaced. So, as far as I know, it was a 200k mile stock headgasket.

I've said it once or a million times before - "psi" is nothing to base anything on. Power is. I was more in the 350 - 375 rwhp territory.
    For whatever reason he was asking about boost which will vary due to the mods, turbo, piping, etc. As I said, sounds like he will have plenty of power on the stock motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this is the wrong forum, m52tu is actually much more m54 than m52. Head and block casting same as m54, different from m52. The only developmental difference between m52tu and m54 is drive-by-wire. M52tu has DISA and double vanos, it's timed with the same tools, with the same parts, 'cause it's the same casting and thus, really the same engine.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    this is the wrong forum, m52tu is actually much more m54 than m52. Head and block casting same as m54, different from m52. The only developmental difference between m52tu and m54 is drive-by-wire. M52tu has DISA and double vanos, it's timed with the same tools, with the same parts, 'cause it's the same casting and thus, really the same engine.
    Would you like the M52tu to be grouped with the M54 and S54 then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would you like the M52tu to be grouped with the M54 and S54 then?
    absolutely!

this engine needs to be paired with the m54.

then all e46 engines will be together...

but to really put things with their families... the m5x motors: m50,m50tu,m52,USs50,s52,m52tu,m54,m56 should all go together... if a rift is to be made in this family, it should definitely be along double vanos lineage.

Such a rift will cause my next engine to have some serious identity issues in your forums.

while euro s50b30, s50b32 and s54 are all close siblings
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i know of a built auto getrag trans in a turbo e36 utilizing a m50 with hg and studs, about 11psi and running over 305whp on a very conservative dyno with trm tuning. the car originally was using a stock hg and running 10psi and it lasted a while. its possible to run the stock hg and only run about 10psi, but that is usually the limit as this person found out the hard way. if it was me i would just do a .140 hg, arps, 5 speed swap and boost that bisch. the 5 speed swaps are easy and less headaches then with the autotragic.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    absolutely!

this engine needs to be paired with the m54.

then all e46 engines will be together...

but to really put things with their families... the m5x motors: m50,m50tu,m52,USs50,s52,m52tu,m54,m56 should all go together... if a rift is to be made in this family, it should definitely be along double vanos lineage.

Such a rift will cause my next engine to have some serious identity issues in your forums.

while euro s50b30, s50b32 and s54 are all close siblings
    I'll do my best to adjust, we can make an exception for the M52TU to be grouped with the M54, absolutely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12